“Horrible Experience” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in New Cumberland
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Horrible Experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

My family stayed at the Comfort Inn in New Cumberland PA on 8/2/13-8/4/13 to attend the State Games of America, It was an absolute disaster. When we arrived the elevator was broken forcing us to carry luggage, coolers etc. up the stairs. The stairways were filthy. There was so much dust on the stairs, walls and doors that we had to hold our breath to avoid breathing in the dust. The hallways and lobby area were dirty. There were cigarette burns and holes on the bedspreads and blankets and live wires hanging from the walls. I immediately began looking for another hotel in the area but everything was booked. I brought in extra blankets from my car to avoid lying directly on the bedding provided by the hotel. If my children were not with me I would have slept in my car. We left the hotel early in the AM for our children’s track meet and did not return until around 4pm only to find the rooms exactly how we left it. Unclean and no fresh towels. When we asked for clean towels we were told the washer machine was broken. Our room was finally cleaned around 5pm and the bedspreads with the cigarette burns were put back onto the beds. The managers were rude and offered no resolution. I have stayed at other Comfort Inn’s many times with no problems. This hotel is not worthy of the Comfort Inn name. If you are considering this hotel, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Christine D, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a response on your most recent stay. We regret that we did not provide the type of accommodations you expect as a traveler – my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you and your "team".

We take your constructive feedback seriously, and will continue to focus on providing comfortable and clean accommodations to all our future guests. Failing to meet guest’s expectations is not part of our culture, and is unacceptable by our standards as we strive for 100% guest satisfaction.

My goal is to improve where possible for all future guests - your assistance in notable areas have addressed with our team members and is greatly appreciated.

YES, our hotel is under major renovations to make our hotel a more enjoyable place for all guest(s).

We wish you all the best in your future travels, and hope you continue to find accommodations that better meet your needs.

Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Booked this room based upon prior experience with Choice Hotels. The hotel is undergoing major renovation and our room was a disaster. There was black mold all over the bathtub. It had been there awhile and obviously no one had removed it. The room was dirty and the chair was filthy. The walls were sticky and the carpet was dirty. The pictures on the wall had been moved and didn't match the beds. The only reason we stayed the night was that we checked in so late and had already settled in.
There are many nicer hotels in this area. It looks good on the outside but not on the inside.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Christine D, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We strive for 100% guest satisfaction and in your case we have not done so. I have shared your feed back with our team members and hope that we can make future guest stay better. Yes, we are in the process of a major renovation so that all our guest are happy with new, moderate and clean rooms. We hope that in the future you would give us another try.

Camden cou
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

My daughter and I stayed there on July 6th when all else near Hershey were booked due to 1 Direction concert. Staff polite and nice and awaiting our late (midnight) check-in. Our room was clean and it was late so we went to bed. In the morning I began looking around. TV didn't work and wasn't even plugged in OR wired for cable yet. Frig didn't work and again not plugged in, but still didn't work when I did that. Noticed then that live wires were coiled and sticking out of wall! Began searching for the smoke detector - I found something (still covered with the painting cover) that may have been it but doesn't matter - it was covered!!! Sprinkler head broken too so how would it have put the fire out that the smoke detector couldn't detect?! I was floored that I just spent the night there with my child and compromised our safety! Marched down to the front desk with my phone pictures to discuss. She was very apologetic and assured me that maintenance would be up there immediately to install the smoke detector. that was just unacceptable. I guess they assembled my room moments before my arrival. I inspected breakfast and figured food mart across street might be a better bet and checked out-sad choices. Maybe when renovations are complete it will be nice, but won't stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Christine D, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a responce in regards to your most recent stay with us. We strive for 100% guest satisfaction and in your case we were not sucessful. We have addressed the issues that you had brought to our attention that are a concern and I do appoligize for the inconvience that we may have caused you. YES, we are under renonvations to ensure our guest a pleasent place to stay and regret that we were not able to exceed your expecations.

I hope that when you vist the Hershey, PA area agian that you would give us another chance.

Comfort Inn- New Cumberland
Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Manager was not very friendly, pool was green, they charged us extra for kids even though guest directory said kids were free. Breakfast was ok, and only lasted until 9:30, and it could be extended to at least 10. They do not give you any extra time, everything is pulled and closed at 9:29, even if you are in the middle of pouring some coffee or cereal. It was semi-clean, but a little dumpy too. Lobby was under construction and it just wasn't very welcoming.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Christine D, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear valued guest,

I apologize for not exceeding your guest needs. Every day we strive for 100% guest satisfaction, and in your case we have not done so. I have shared your comments with our staff, so that we may implement a more customer service friendly atmosphere. We did experience a green colored pool during your stay and have rectified the situation. We hope that you would give us another chance should you be in this area again.

Christine
Auburn, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Our family recently stayed here for three nights on a trip to Hershey. Myself, my husband a six year old and a 4 month old. Rooms were immaculate, newly renovated, and spacious. The housekeeper even lined all our shoes for us! We had two double beds, and there is a large sitting area off to the side where my older child played. Room had a fridge, microwave and coffee maker. The lobby is under renovation, but it in no way hindered our stay.

We were greeted the first night by a very friendly woman at the reception desk, check in was quick which was great considering it was late, and we just wanted to relax. Breakfast in the morning was good, eggs sausage, waffles, cereal, yogurt, fruit toast bagels, donuts, coffee juice. There is a Bob Evans across the street which we did eat at one morning for a treat, and you get a discount when you tell them you stayed at the hotel.

If you are going to Hershey it is about 20 minutes away, but worth the extra time, as the rate here is great for the service!

The only negative I can say is the pool was a little funky, so we did not swim in it. Green with bugs in the water, but we did notice someone was there to service it the morning we left. The deck area was very nice though!! Definatley would stay again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Doylesburg, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I Stayed At The Comfort Inn For 7 Weeks While Working Away And It Was A Great Experience. The Hotel Was Clean With Great Service. The Place Was Under Renovation But The Service Was Still Great, Going Above And Beyond My Expectations For A Hotel. Highly Recommend Staying At This Great Place.
The Manager And His Wife Were Always Available

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Crozet, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This hotel is under renovations and the rooms are very nice, though the beds were on the hard side for us. The lobby area is still under construction, however it didn't impact the stay.

Our reason for giving an "average" rating for this hotel is because of lack of breakfast foods. Both mornings we were there, the hotel had run out of several items hours before breakfast hours were over. This included eggs, meats, pastries. We ended up having to supplement the "included" breakfast with items from the store.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Christine D, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for acknowledging our recent remodel of guest rooms and lobby. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations in our breakfast area. We strive to meet and exceed our guest's needs and in your case we did not do so. We have a member of management on staff at all times, willing and able to address any concerns that guest(s) may have. We hope that you would give us another chance as we know that all guest(s) have a "CHOICE" in where they stay.

Should you like to discuss your situation further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Christine
Manager

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!