“Very nice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in New Columbia
Philadelphia, PA
“Very nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2006

Every Memorial Day my husband and I and our small daughter go to Knoebel's. This year we decided to try a different hotel because we were also bringing along my 9 year old nephew and our older daugher who is 17. The hotel was very accommodating by providing us with a cot free of charge. We decided to stay at this hotel for two reasons. First, was the free continental breakfast and secondly the inside pool for the kids to tire them out if they weren't already tired from walking through Knoebel's all day. The room was big enough for the 5 of us, the breakfast was fresh and delicious, the pool was great for the kids and the hotel staff was polite and courteous. I'd definitely recommend this hotel to friends or family who are planning a trip to Knoebel's. It is a bit of a drive to and from (Knoebel's and hotel) but since it is mostly Interstate driving it was doable. Oh, I forgot, great rate too. We saved so much money by just enjoying the Continental breakfast.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2005

Adequate room, clean but with poor lighting and dreadful water pressure. Noisy, noisy!!!!!!! We would stay here again IF we couldn't find another room in the area.

• Stayed April 2004
Easton, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2005

Our room was clean, the bedding was average. The pool is too small for this size hotel. The pool was overcrowded. Alot of kids at the pool were unsupervised and the hotel staff was not concerned about their behavior. The breakfast area was too small and overcrowded, hardly anything was left at 8:30 a.m.

• Stayed August 2005
Cassopolis MI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2005

Stayed here on our way home from NYC. Got in late (about 10 or so) and kids were screaming up and down the hall. I fell asleep anyway, until I was awakened by the fire alarm going off for about 10 seconds. Got back to sleep and it went off again. Thankfully that was it for the night, but my husband said the kids were up and screaming (teenagers) until about 1 AM local time. I mentioned this to the clerk in the morning and just got a blank look back.

Also was concerned about being charged twice, as my rate had been a Prepaid rate via Priority Club's web site and was supposed to have been charged before our actual stay there. I tried getting this idea across to the clerk when I got our bill and it was hopeless, so I decided to give up and deal with it through my credit card company if 2 charges did show up. I've done prepaid rates before and they DID, indeed, charge me before my stay and my stay had no charge. We shall see about this time.

The only good thing was the TV during breakfast was tuned to the Animal Planet channel. We got up and out as early as we could, given the lack of sleep the night before. We won't be back here.

• Stayed May 2005
massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2005

The hotel is functional, but I found it to be noisy. I heard lots of noise all night from the hallways. The heating system was so noisy we turned it off altogether. The staff seemed competent and friendly, and the hotel is very clean. The continental breakfast is adequate, though I've had better at other Holiday Inn Expresses. Finding the road to the hotel seemed impossible when driving in from Lewisburg, and we went several miles out of our way just to turn around. If you come off of 80, you can find it easily.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Lewisburg/New Columbia? Share your experiences!