“3 C's: Clean, Comfy, and Cozy” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in New Castle
New York, NY
“3 C's: Clean, Comfy, and Cozy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

My friends and I stayed overnight at the Comfort Inn New Castle and were very happy with everything. The staff members were kind and courteous, the rooms were immaculate and had that just cleaned smell. The bed was the best part. I have a problem with back pain, but after 1 night I woke up feeling great and refreshed. I wanted to take the mattress and pillows home with me. We all enjoyed the complimentary breakfast too, best hotel coffee I have ever had. I would be very happy to reccommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
renee r, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
I would like to thank you for your recent review of the New Castle Comfort Inn. As a Choice Hotel guest your opinion matters greatly and I am eager to share your review with staff members. We have a very loyal and dedicated team and I am pleased to hear of your satisfaction. Please contact me directly should you return to New Castle as we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Chesterton, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Upon check-in, we noticed the hotel lobby to be adequate and average. Nothing out of the norm. Then an odor filled my nose - stale smoke with poor coverup. Not welcoming at all. We walked up the stairs to our room - a bit worn out to say the least. It was needing a good makeover and deep=cleaning. The sticky spots on the carpet, the dingy film on the windows and the strangely worn out bed was not worth the price. Yechhh. Then the morning free breakfast was not worth the time to walk down. I was underwhelmed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
renee r, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
In response to your recent review of the New Castle Comfort Inn I would like to take the opportunity to discuss further your issues regarding your stay. Please contact me directly so I may ensure your satisfaction. I apologize for any inconvenience and would like some additional information so I may correct some of the issues mentioned in your review. Warm Regards
New Orleans, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I stay in a hotel a lot since my house is under construction. This was THE WORST stay ever!! The place smelled like cigarettes. The room was dirty the carpets honestly turned my feet black. The bathroom was poorly clean and there were no new towels. The manager was nice and gave me towels but that stay was terrible.

Room Tip: Not worth your money.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thank You for your recent review of the New Castle Comfort Inn. As a Choice Hotel Guest your opinoin is valued greatly. I would have liked the opportunity to engage in conversation during your stay regarding your disatisfaction. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered and would like to restore your faith in Choice Brand Hotels. Please contact me at your earliest convenience so we may discuss in further detail the issues regarding your stay. I look forward to speaking with you soon. Warm Regards
Rock Hill, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I would not recommend staying at this hotel. The employees were not very pleasant. The rooms were dingy and smelly. The outside doors did not close letting anyone that walked by have access to get inside the hotel. There was nothing to eat at their "free continental breakfast." If this is the only place with rooms in New Castle, I would stay in Grove City, Sharon, etc.

Room Tip: Choose a room at another hotel
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
renee r, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
In response to your recent review of the New Castle Comfort Inn, I apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered during your stay. Please contact me directly so we may further discuss in detail the issues mentioned in your response. I hope restore your confidence in Choice Brand Hotels and look forward to speaking with you soon.
Chesapeake, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We were in town for the fourth of July. It was very hot out side and we had been at the park all day long. So when we got to the hotel we were very tired and just wanted to get our room and go to bed. I should have known after a few min to just turn around and go some where else. They had lost our reservation. We had our conformation number but that was no help to them because they could not find us in the system. So they said they would still give us a room but it had to be a smoking room. So being tired we took it, big mistake. the halls smelled of smoke and something that some one was cooking, I am thinking it was fish, it really did smell bad. Our room smelled like a big ash tray. I am not sure it has ever been cleaned very good. The carpet was stiff with stuff dried in it. The bathroom was nasty, there was a clot of hair in the tub, strand's of hair on the commode and floor. So we ask for clean sheets and layed them over the bed and slept in our clothes, We checked out early the next morning just so we could get some fresh air. I had a bad feeling when we checked in that night and from now on I will trust my own judgment

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
QUEENIE1114, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
In response to your recent review of the New Castle Comfort Inn I apologize for any inconvenience you have encountered during your stay. Please contact me directly so
we may discuss in further detail the issues surrounding your reservation and stay.
Your opinion is valued greatly as a Choice Hotel Guest and if given the opportunity I
would like to ensure your satisfaction. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Butler, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I recently stayed at the Comfort Inn (September 2012) because I was part of a wedding in New Castle. I did not arrive to the hotel until after the wedding at 11:30PM and when I went to check in, they said my reservation was for a suite. I absolutely did NOT request a suite when I called to book the room. I had my confirmation number and a $79 price written down from when I called to book. Instead of the staff saying it must have been an employee error, they said it was MY error and there was nothing they could do. THEN, I proceeded up to my room to find that it was dirty and had not been cleaned. The bed was unmade, there were towels on the floor and the bathroom was dirty. I called the front desk and asked for another room and they said there wasn't any. They offered to come up and clean the room, which they did within a half hour. The next morning upon check-out, I asked the man working if I could receive some sort of discount since I was charged for a suite and DID NOT WANT OR ASK FOR ONE. He was very nice and removed $20 from my charge; however, did not offer to give me the regular room rate. THEN, the nightmare got worse when I checked my bank account statement the following day to find the Comfort Inn charged me TWICE..... the first charge was the original charge for the suite (which I didn't ask for) and the second charge was the charge I agreed to pay after the man gave me the $20 discount. Because I was charged twice for the same room, my account was overdrawn which forced me into a fee via my bank. I called to talk to a representative from the Comfort Inn asking if they could refund me the fee that my bank charged me and they said no. I am absolutely disgusted with the service (and the cleanliness) of this hotel. I will never stay here again and I will make sure I tell anyway who I care about to not stay here either. My sister is getting married in New Castle next year and we will ABSOLUTELY not be booking this hotel to hold our relatives and members of the wedding party on the wedding night.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
QUEENIE1114, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
The Management and staff of the New Castle Comfort Inn would like to apologize for any inconvenience you encountered during your stay. I would like to further discuss the above
matters personally by telephone. Please contact me at your convenience so I may ensure
our commitment to guest satisfaction and further explain our reservation and billing process.
Should we need to make any necessary adjustment to your account we may do so at that time. I am looking foward to speaking with you soon and hope to clarify any matters left unresolved from your stay.
Leonardtown, MD
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

The smell of cigarette smoke is every where in this inn. Even though our room was on the second floor, which is smoke free, you cannot escape the smell. The room was in general, dirty, not much attention is paid to the details of cleaning. The sheets and towels were clean at least. I removed the bedspread immediately and put it off to a side table as it had some smear on it which I feared looking at closer. Whatever wiping down done in the room is with a wet rag I guess, the TV screen, the fridge, all were just smeared thickly with wipe marks. I only hoped it was not with the same rag used to clean the bathroom. The bathroom smelled of gym locker, I assume due to the shower curtain. I wore flip flops in the shower, and I never have to do this at other hotels. I also wore socks at all times in the room as the carpet was dirty (and the bottom of my socks provided proof). You simply could not escape a creepy cootie feeling in the room. The breakfast spread provided was very simple, I have found it better at most other places. We stayed as there was no availability at other hotels in New Castle when we there as there was some event in town. The floor we were on was quiet, the AC unit worked and was not overly loud and so sleeping was easy. The staff was sincerely friendly and courteous at all times, this was a positive note.

Room Tip: I simply would not choose this Inn again at all.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
QUEENIE1114, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Your opinion regarding your recent stay at the New Castle Comfort Inn is valued greatly and I am pleased that the staff performance has met your expectations of a Choice Brand Hotel. In addition, I apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered during your stay and I am requesting an opportunity to personally discuss the issues identified in your review. Please contact me directly at your earliest convenience.

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!