“Dingey, Dirty, Smells of Cigarette Smoke” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in New Castle
Leonardtown, MD
“Dingey, Dirty, Smells of Cigarette Smoke”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

The smell of cigarette smoke is every where in this inn. Even though our room was on the second floor, which is smoke free, you cannot escape the smell. The room was in general, dirty, not much attention is paid to the details of cleaning. The sheets and towels were clean at least. I removed the bedspread immediately and put it off to a side table as it had some smear on it which I feared looking at closer. Whatever wiping down done in the room is with a wet rag I guess, the TV screen, the fridge, all were just smeared thickly with wipe marks. I only hoped it was not with the same rag used to clean the bathroom. The bathroom smelled of gym locker, I assume due to the shower curtain. I wore flip flops in the shower, and I never have to do this at other hotels. I also wore socks at all times in the room as the carpet was dirty (and the bottom of my socks provided proof). You simply could not escape a creepy cootie feeling in the room. The breakfast spread provided was very simple, I have found it better at most other places. We stayed as there was no availability at other hotels in New Castle when we there as there was some event in town. The floor we were on was quiet, the AC unit worked and was not overly loud and so sleeping was easy. The staff was sincerely friendly and courteous at all times, this was a positive note.

Room Tip: I simply would not choose this Inn again at all.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
QUEENIE1114, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Your opinion regarding your recent stay at the New Castle Comfort Inn is valued greatly and I am pleased that the staff performance has met your expectations of a Choice Brand Hotel. In addition, I apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered during your stay and I am requesting an opportunity to personally discuss the issues identified in your review. Please contact me directly at your earliest convenience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Keyser
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Accommodating staff, neat clean hotel and room, good breakfast. Everything I want and expect from a Comfort Inn. Weak wifi signal but we've more or less accepted that from every hotel in which we stay.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
The General Manager and staff of the New Castle Comfort Inn would like to extend our appreciation for your comments regarding your recent stay. I am glad that we have met
your expecations of a Choice Brand Hotel and I have shared your review with our hotel family.
We look forward towards the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Owings, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

I was visiting New Castle recently for a funeral. My parents suggested the Comfort Inn in New Castle. This hotel is very well run, in a convenient part of town and reasonable prices. The breakfast bar was well stocked in the morning. My thanks to the wonderful staff!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
QUEENIE1114, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
I would like to take the time to thank you for your comment regarding your recent stay at the Comfort Inn in New Castle. Our staff service has proven to be a strength in guest satisfaction and I am eager to share your gratitude with the staff members. I hope your confidence in our property extends to Choice Brand Hotels and future visits. Although the reason for your visit may have been circumstantial please let us know if we can be of service to you in the future. a. Please accept our condolences.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

I am writing this letter to commend the amenities and services of the entire staff at the Comfort Inn in New Castle, PA.

On entering and leaving the hotel there is always a friendly smile and greeting or a warm "see you later" from the entire desk staff which makes a stay at the Inn so pleasant. While waiting in the lobby for friends, I noticed that the desk staff extended the same courteous service to the guests who approached them with concerns and questions.

I would also like to underline the services of Mr. Robert Hall, Desk Manager. have stayed at the Inn many times over the years and he has always demonstrated a remarkable attentive and friendly attitude whenever any request is made.

The cleanliness and neatness of the rooms and the friendliness and attentive attitude of the breakfast staff, cleaning staff, and the engineering staff make this Comfort Inn a particularly pleasant "home away from home".

JCH

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
QUEENIE1114, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
On behalf of the staff of the Comfort Inn in New Castle, I would like thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. Our dedicated staff has proven to be an asset to the Choice Brand Hotels by providing outstanding guest services. I am excited to share your response and commets with the staff members and we are looking forward to your return.
Broomall, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

My stay at the Comfort Inn in New Castle, PA was GREAT!!! The rooms were clean, the staff was great and the free breakfast was fantastic. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who needs to stay in New Castle.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
renee r, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Thank you for your review of the New Castle Comfort Inn. We appreciate your loyalty and hope to serve you again in the future. I am eager to share your comments with staff and our hotel family. I hope your confidence in Choice Brand Hotels continues. Warm Regards
Westland, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2011

Great motel. Expanded continental breakfast offered. Free internet. Staff is very helpful.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
TaraInn, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, March 29, 2011
Thank you so much for your positive review you sent to Trip Advisor. We always appreciate these comments and I will forward them to the entire staff. Hope we can be of service to you in the future.
arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2010

ok well my husband & i are back now a couple days later & are going to stay again..thursday night was great...the woman who helped us on monday morning (june 28th) gave us EVERYTHING & MORE we asked for....so thursday night was GREAT

Friday night...at 2pm my husband asked for housekeeping to come & clean the room while we went to dinner...we got back & the room was still the same other then we got clean towels that he also asked for....the woman who worked the afternoon shift never cleaned the room so when we got to hotel it was after midnight & the AWESOME night housekeeper had to do everything the other woman didnt...she was great & its the same 2 workers we had on sunday...they are GREAT people & do anything to help..we WILL be back :-)

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Patrick J, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Thank you for leaving this kind review. We love reading these.

Thanks,

Patrick Jordan

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!