“Great customer service, very comfortable here.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Double Points!
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in New Castle
Pittsburgh
“Great customer service, very comfortable here.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We booked this hotel because we trust the Hampton Inn brand. Clean sheets and duvet everytime, hot breakfasts, coffee, tea and fruit all of the time. Great staff. We came to this location for a funeral and K'rin (not Karen) immediately offered to leave me directions at the desk to the funeral home as she would not be in when we checked into the hotel. They were there. When we entered our room, there was a lovely handwritten card from Erin, who also works at the hotel, stating that she was sorry for our loss and let them know if they could assist us any further. It was also accompanied by a large Cadbury bar...wow...how many hotels take the time to make such a gesture! Me and my husband were impressed. The bed is nice and comfy, the shower has a waterpik nozzle that is nice and the bathroom is large. We enjoyed the selections at breakfast...toast, pastries, waffles that you create, hot oatmeal, cheese omelets, turkey sausage, cut potatoes, hard cooked eggs, fresh fruits, milks, juices, coffee, cereal , tea and hot chocolate. I was happy they had packets of hot sauce on the bar for my eggs...great touch! There is an exercise room and pool on site which look nice but did not have time to use. We enjoyed our stay as it was CLEAN, COMFORTABLE and the staff was so accomodating. Cheers to K'rin and Erin and we will definitely tell others what a nice stay we had at the Hampton Inn.

Room Tip: Try to get one away from the highway, you can hear the cars sometimes.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
castlehospitality, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites New Castle, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Hello! Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderfully detailed review of our hotel! I am so glad that you had such a nice stay with us and thank you so much for your kind words, not only about our hotel but about our staff as well. It is our goal to connect with and show appreciation to our guests and I am so glad that our staff was able to make you feel welcome at our property during a difficult time for you and your family. We hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to our area!

Erin
Front Desk Agent
Hampton Inn & Suites New Castle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

The New Castle Hampton Inn is by far the nicest place to stay in New Castle....there aren't a lot of options. This particular Hampton Inn is relatively new and has all the amenities of the newer version of Hampton Inn hotels.

The staff were courteous and helpful.

The rate is a little high but I noticed that most of the hampton inns in the area are a little more than other chains. I guess it has to do with the fact of supply and demand.

I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
castlehospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites New Castle, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you so much from the whole Hampton, New Castle team for rating us "the best place to stay in New Castle". I see that you travel a lot and write reviews, this definitely helps other travelers to make informed decisions about their accommodations. I appreciate your time and hope to see you again when you are in the area.
Maumee, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We were welcomed first off by Erin at the front desk. She was a great help to us the two nights that we were there. The room was very clean. I noticed the sign that said that the duvets were cleaned in between guests.....wondering if other hotels do that- maybe that is why they advertise it? The bed was comfortable, the breakfast- a great selection as usual at Hampton Inns! I also like the fact that they have fruit sitting out all day for you to grab.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Hampton, New Castle while visiting in the area. The room was very clean and comfortable, the breakfast was the usual hot and cold done tastefully. I though the AC fan was a little loud, but I am a light sleeper. There are not many places to stay in the area. This one was a good choice, although it seemed a little high priced for the area.

• Stayed September 2012
Its an honor that you ranked our hotel to be the best place to stay in the area. Me and my team constantly thrives to make our hotel even better everyday. I apologize the AC fan was a little noisy for you, we will go ahead and service all the Air conditioners. Thank you very much for the feedback .
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

This is a new Hampton Inn, clean and new. Everything was great including the service. The only problem was the walls (if you can call them that) are paper thin. If you have noisy neighbors you have to wait until they sleep, before you can sleep. I was barricaded by noisy people on both sides of my room. One room kept opening and closing their doors, running up and down the hallway, up until almost 1am. In the morning, if you are facing the road, the traffic gets noisy from about 6am. Hardly a comfortable overnight stay.

Apart from that, it's a nice place to stay in New Castle. The entrance of the hotel needs to be more obvious. There is a narrow entrance from the main road and easily missed. And yes, internet was painfully slow.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the front of hotel and not the back as the road is very noisy.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
I appreciate your time for writing us a review. I am thrilled to know that you found everything to be great including the amenities, service and accommodations. I am so sorry that you had noisy neighbors. We rarely have noise issues but sometimes it happens. We have a strict noise policy after hours. We will try even harder to enforce those policies and try our best to keep wedding and other group rooms in a certain area in the hotel. Thank you and hope we will see you again.
Parkersburg, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

This hotel is like any other Hampton Inn. Clean room with comfortable beds. Great for us business travelers, but there is one issue. The Internet is sluggish to say the least. This isn't good if you have emails and work that you need to take care. Once this problem is fixed this will be a fantastic Hampton Inn. The girl at the FRont Desk was extremely nice and gave me a list of all the great places to eat while in New Castle.

• Stayed August 2012
Thank You so much for taking time and writing about the hotel. I am glad you found our hotel to be clean and comfortable and front desk person to be extremely nice. I would share your comment with the staff and they will be thrilled to hear that. I sincerely apologize the internet was not up to standards when you stayed with us. I know its taking a bot too long but we are trying our best to upgrade our system. Hope to see you again when you are in the area.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

We stayed here for a high school reunion. New Castle doesn't have many choices when it comes to places to stay, but this hotel is as good as any medium class hotel anywhere. The rooms are nicely sized, and the bathroom has the vanity area outside of the shower/commode area. The prices seemed a little on the high side for this location, but the hotel was full on this particular weekend with a variety of events. The breakfast room is bright and large making it a nice place to relax over the included breakfast. The hotel is convenient to highway access and only a couple of miles from the downtown area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
I am glad that you liked the layout of our rooms lobby and breakfast area. Our breakfast room is 2 story high with a lots of brightness, perfect to enjoy our spread of free full hot breakfast. Like you said the hotel is right off Interstate 376 and convenient for Grove City Premium outlets or other numerous locations in the area. Thanks for staying with us and taking time to write a review.

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites New Castle? Share your experiences!