“Interesting mix of good and bad” 3 of 5 stars

(412) 893-0460
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Springville, Utah
“Interesting mix of good and bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

The servers here were very attentive. That was the best part. And the pretzel rolls (I guess to them they are normal; to an out-of-towner, they were a new thing).

This was the only restaurant near our hotel, and by the time we finished our business of the day, we weren't in the mood to look further. So, we dined here twice. The first night we ordered a whitefish - one with butter, one with orange juice; couldn't tell the difference, but one was great, the other one dry. The second evening we tried something else. The food was generally good, but not to die for. The waitress assumed I wanted the super sized order instead of regular and had to return the plate. Then we ordered a peanut butter fudge sundae to go. It was more peanut butter cup than ice cream, and the fudge was in the bottom.

Bottom line - if I had to eat there, ok. If not, I would try something else. But the service was excellent!

Visited October 2013

northern nj
“Ok, Not Great”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Most diners I've been in are warm, homey places. This is not. It has the menu of a diner and it does have waitstaff, but the atmosphere reminds me of a fast-food place - standard and not very inviting. The food is plentiful and just ok and the place itself is clean.

Our waitress was efficient in taking/bringing the food, but got the pricing wrong on the bill and took FOREVER to bring back the credit card. I was kinda concerned that she might have skipped town with it but apparently she didn't know how to correct her billing mistake. Making sure she'd been properly trained before allowing her to wait on customers would have been prudent.

If you can find another place in the area (it's kind of desolate, but the restaurant is right near a hotel), go. Otherwise, you could do much worse.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Been to Kings Restaurant/Grille? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Kings Restaurant/Grille, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.