“FANTASTIC!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Whitewater Rafting Adventures is the premier rafting and adventure outfitter in Pennsylvania's Pocono Mountains. Located just a short drive from the historic town of Jim Thorpe, Whitewater Rafting Adventures has been offering outdoor adventures for over 30 years. We are family owned and operated, love what we do and believe that it shows. Whether you are looking to raft class II and III rapids on the Lehigh River, take a Zipline ride, have an adrenaline pumping paintball shootout or enjoy a bike ride along the Lehigh Gorge Trail, Whitewater Rafting Adventures will provide you with a memorable outdoor experience in addition to the personal service that you deserve. Our friendly staff and knowledgeable guides are driven to provide you with the safest and most action packed adventure possible. Our focus is, and always will be, on making sure that you have a fun, safe and memorable day. You are important to us and we want you to feel that way. Come whitewater rafting and experience the WRA difference. Fresh air, good friends and a great time, you'll be glad you did.
NYC
“FANTASTIC!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

A group of us just went this weekend for Memorial Day and we had a blast. There were several guides with us along the way. They were very knowledgeable and helpful in helping us paddling along the big rocks. Would definitely do it again.

We did zip line for an additional 10 bucks. Although that was fun, I don't think it was worth the price since you only get to do it once.

Visited May 2014

Coppell, Texas, United States
9 attraction reviews
“Had a great day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

Just my daughter (age 20) and I (age 43) reserved a day of rafting with Whitewater. Class II and III rapids for beginners. We had a great time. We enjoyed the guides who seemed skilled at what they do - esp. Zach who was also thrilled to tell us about other attractions in the area, local lore, and general "PA" information that really enriched our experience. A few points I would make for other travelers:

Be aware that the trip will be several boats (our day was 8 boats of either 4 people or 6 people in each) and then 3-4 guides mostly in kayaks paddling with you. The guides were very good in the kayaks and were able to agilely get ahead or behind the group or rafts as needed. Try to go with a group of at least 4 - or scout out a couple other people you like to share a boat with. As you can tell form this and other reviews - who you are with matters! We had a large group of about 20 guys that came together on our trip. They were a bit loud and occasionally offensive but no so much it ruined my trip at all. They were drinking before the trip started, and the guides did disallow the alcohol once we started loading the buses - so maybe they are learning. I agree with other reviewers who said that smoking should be banned as well!!

Also be aware that while there are several areas of rapids and swift flow - there is a lot of calm, paddling time too. One of the guys on our trip was complaining (screaming) that these sections were "boring". I enjoyed the calm parts a lot and just considered part of my day in nature. My daughter and I were lucky too in that another group of 4 agreed to take us in their boat and we all got along well (a huge plus).

Only one person on our entire trip fell out of their raft and I think she was just not paying attention. For the most part I think everyone found it very manageable, and I did not find it overly physically taxing at all. The rafts were in very good shape and weathered all the rocks very well. Our bus to the drop off point was indeed an older school bus but I never felt unsafe at all. The day did start later than the designated time as a large group of 8 people came very late and Whitewater held up the whole group to get these people outfitted in wet suits, lunches packed away, etc. Overall a great day and I would most definitely go with them again!

Don't forget sunscreen!

Visited May 2014
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
9 attraction reviews
“Fun afternoon will go again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

Went rafting last weekend on the last trip of the year. It was a 13 mile run with decent rapids. The guides were helpful. We had the perfect size group going down the river. I would think it could get too large. The wet suits and gear were a nice rental. The day would've been very chilly without. The only complaint was we were late getting started. We spent about an hour sitting around waiting even after they warn you numerous times to be on time or you will be left. Can't wait to go again next year.

Visited October 2013
Landenberg, Pennsylvania, United States
“Great trip but adults physically assaulted teenagers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

The Whitewater Rafting Adventures team seems really great and easy to work with. I sent 4 16-years with them for a 16th birthday party. I was assured that the boys would be safe because of the guides that are on the trip and that the boys would be able to handle the rapids. They totally handled the rapids it was the people in one of the rafts that were acting inappropriately. My 4 boys experienced threats, being thrown out of the rafts and actual physical assault. The manager of the company explained to my husband that this happens more often than you think and its always because of the adults. My kids were splashing and throwing buckets of water but unfortunately the company and its guides didn't step in an protect my kids. Just something to think about going forward.

Visited October 2013
Ambler
3 attraction reviews
“Great time with friends”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Starting with my arrival things went very well. We actually arrived well before our start time as we underestimated the travel time to the location. The check in counter offered to let us go out on the earlier departure time which was great so they were extremely accommodating.

They provided us with a waterproof bucket to keep our lunch in so it would stay dry on the adventure and sadly the bucket had a crack in it that we didn't notice. Lunch was a bit soggy to say the least but that didn't stop us from eating it.

We got out on the rapids after about a 20 minute drive to the drop zone. The yellow bus was so old and beat up that we took over (but it was clean) that it was hardly able to make it up the hills to get to the drop zone, but after what felt like a very long cramped ride we made it over.

We got our raft and they seemed in excellent condition without any patches or damage. Once we got out on the water everything seemed to be going very well and we had a wonderful time. The biggest negative out on the water was the customers who were smoking in their rafts. I personally come out to these places to get the fresh air and not breathe in smoke, but after informing the guide they put a stop to it.

The rapids were swift as it was a whitewater dam release day and they were releasing more water than expected. You don't need to be extremely fit to do the class 3 rapids, but you should be agile enough to move around the raft, jump up and down in order to get yourself off rocks, because most likely you will get stuck at least once or twice. Nobody fell out of the raft by accident, but in the end we all ended up in the water and it was perfect on all accounts.

Had a great time and after we got to the end stop we took another bus ride back to the cars where they provided us with a free lunch, Hotdogs, chips and birch beer. I would go back again and use them.

Visited August 2013

Been to Whitewater Rafting Adventures? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Whitewater Rafting Adventures, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.