“Quick Lunch” 4 of 5 stars

100 Hotel Road, Neffsville, PA 17601
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Harvest at the Hotel Hershey is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 3 restaurants in Neffsville
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Dining
Northeast Tennessee
“Quick Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

We wanted a quick lunch and nothing real fancy so we opted for the Harvest.
We were seated near the window for views of the immaculate grounds.
Our server Lauren was very knowledgeable about the menu and helped us decide on what to order.
We had Lobster Cobb Salad and a Chicken Salad sandwich. Both were delicious. We added dessert which was the Shooter trio which consisted of a Smore, Salted Caramel and a Death by Chocolate. I ordered the Chocolate Cream Pie. The cream pie was absolutely excellent. My wife agreed with this conclusion. If I had it to do over again I would have just had three Cream Pies.
Lauren was a people person and we enjoyed conversing with her and hearing of her travels.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

73% Recommend
Pittsburgh, PA
“A Serviceable Restaurant with Poor Acoustics”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

My wife and I had lunch at the Harvest Restaurant which features locally sourced ingredients. The Hotel Hershey is an outstanding venue with very nice gardens and, or so I’ve told, a creditable golf course (I’m not a golfer). The restaurant is pleasantly decorated with allot of wood and some stained glass. The view out of the generous windows was very nice. The service was accommodating. I had the portobello mushroom Rueben sandwich and it was very tasty. I don’t remember such a sandwich on any menu before. The only negative was the noisiness of the dining room. We could barely understand our waitress over the din of the other diners. It wasn’t that they were overly loud but rather the acoustics of the room seemed to amplify any sound. That made it difficult for us to have a conversation over lunch.

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
McLean, Virginia
“Local and Farm Fresh Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Food is great, as are the desserts and cocktails. Great children's menu also, which includes balanced choices not just chicken tenders with fries or mac&cheese. Service can be very slow, and if you get a table under an A/C vent, you will be FROZEN. Ask for an inside table if you are OK not looking outside; they are warmer. There is a fire pit outside (seasonally) where they are selling s'mores fixings, and that is a fun gathering spot where parents can sip cocktails or coffee while kids run around and/or make s'mores.

Visited June 2014
Hummelstown, Pennsylvania
“Nice dinner with friends”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

I had a great dinner here with friends. I got steak which was perfectly done. The dessert stole the show. It was a peanut butter pie. Best peanut butter dessert I've ever had.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, Maryland
“Housemade Bread Is Delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

When you start out your meal with delicious housemade bread and delectable butter you expect the entire meal to be amazing..that's based on past experience. That said, my trout was delicious. fresh and perfectly prepared. The orzo was excellent. My daughter's lemon herb rotisserie chicken..lacked neither a lemon nor herb taste,, it was bland and it was dry..we looked for herbs and saw none and we so wanted to love this dish. Baked potatoes were small and not cooked through. Steak sauces (we tried two) were a bit bitter but the steak on its own was enjoyed...the mashed potatoes were very tasty.. Our server was amazing as was the view. . Cocktails are creative and there is a nice wine list. I would return to Hotel Hershey again and dine here to give Harvest another try....I have loved Trevi and feel Harvest with a few changes could be just as perfect.

• Visited May 2014