“Stuffy environment” 3 of 5 stars

Good for: Romance
Good for: Romance
“Stuffy environment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

I know everyone loves this place, but it just didn't do it for me. I enjoy nice places that have class, but Becks just seemed snotty and full of themselves. The decor was straight out of a Pier 1 catalog. Although the food was good, it was overpriced in my opinion. The bartender put half a shot of Dewars in my boyfriends drink. For $8, it should probably be a bit stronger. Maybe I'm not "high class" enough for this place, or maybe my nose just isn't in the air! We won't be back.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

With the quiet atmosphere and prices that keep families away with children, I enjoyed my evening. Kids SERIOUSLY ruin a nice meal and there were none here. Don't feel the need to get too dressed up, most people there on a Saturday night were in jeans and casual attire, with men who don't take off their hats or coats while eating, or know how to hold a knife and fork. The wine list is very nice, but the physical wine menu itself, is OBNOXIOUS. It's so big, you don't even know what to do with it.
The new scallops in bacon with a corn puree appetizer was AMAZING. I wish I had just ordered 5 orders for my meal.
The lobster risotto was not cooked thoroughly and did not taste of lobster at all.
The crab cakes were flavorful, but had a lot of inner shell pieces in them that weren't edible.
French onion soup was very good, but needs about 20 minutes to cool before eating.
They carry Lambic Framboise!!! That was a huge plus.
Lobster tails and brown butter were good.
Seafood pasta was good.
Overall, I enjoyed my evening, but at $200+ including tip, I was hoping for more. I would go back to eat appetizers and lambic, but nothing more.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Nazareth, Pennsylvania
“average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

the food was good but with just a bit more attention to the small details..ie dressing the serving plate and dessert plates..it could be moved to above average...service was good..not too pricey..they do have a happy hour..atmosphere is good..friendly..

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Laurys Station, Pennsylvania
“Fresh Seafood Where?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

There is a hidden jewel of the sea hidden north of Nazareth, PA. I know it is a Land & Sea restaurant and YES, I did have a wonderful surf & turf combo, but I just can't believe all the great seafood that I've had there. For you steak and chicken lovers, there are plenty of choices and my son and brother-in-law gave favorable reviews, but I'm in love with the seafood. I like the fresh fish, the wonderful seafood bisque, the lobster and the shrimp.

Most of all, I like the fact that I can get all this wonderful food and they thank me with a "Beck's Reward" card that gives me credit for the meals I purchase and I get a $25 gift card after I have purchased $250 on my card.

Great food, good prices AND a frequent diner reward program. What's not to like? All you have to do is search to find this pearl and I'll bet you'll agree with me. Who needs to drive to the beach if you can get such great seafood here? And on top of that you might run into Mario Andretti or one of his family members!

Visited August 2012
Easton, PA
“OMG This place is AWESOME”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

The food is divine and the prices are more than reasonable. My little sister eloped yesterday & we went with 20 of our closest friends. Not ONE order was wrong, not ONE bite not delicious & exactly what we wanted. Top class food. Great prices and the staff is wonderful! Thank you for making little sister's special day that much more special!

• Visited August 2012