“nice , quiet , clean” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lake in Wood Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Narvon
Lake in Wood Resort
576 Yellow Hill Road, Narvon, PA 17555   |
nyc
“nice , quiet , clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

stayed here on july 4, week, with my wife and our niece. very roomy. plenty of activities for us to do together. whole resort is very clean. staff above friendly and helpful. beds were comfy. lil shop has a lot of merchandise for the week, still need car for shopping.. pool facilities are a kiddie pool and a larger one for older kids and adults.. they offered a pool party with a dj. it was ok .. best part just hanging out with a nice fire toasting marshmallows with my wife and niece, just quiet, they are pretty strict with excessive noise,, love it would definately stay again

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

35 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
pennstatekelly
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

We stayed for three nights. Many activities to choose from but most are geared for older children and adults. The campground is clean and the sites are large and peaceful. It is also a very quiet campground, which is a nice change. The pool area is great and this is one particular area that is excellent for very young children, too. The campgrounds are well-maintained and the bathhouses are spotless!

I do agree with a previous reviewer about the lake; it's difficult to fish in because of the scum. It would also be nice to have a path that extends around the lake for those who aren't fishing.

One word of caution (which I don't see as a negative thing and just an FYI) that there are specific areas where you can't tell your dog. So, if you travel with your pooch, be on the lookout. I think this entry rely acceptable because many don't travel with dogs and, unfortunately, many don't clean up after their dogs.

Also, checking in can be difficult because there isn't an area for RVs that is out of the way of the parking lot. Cars get parked in easily.

Westford, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Let me just start by saying that my experience was tainted by a lack of information. I was travelling with my three children, ages 10, 15, and 17 to visit colleges and have some fun relaxation time. I let the resort know ahead of time that I would be arriving very late because of our long drive to get there. They generously accommodated this request by leaving our paperwork and gate card with map for us. It was raining when we arrived but we were able to find our site fairly easily. I was exhausted because the weather delayed our driving further and we arrived after midnight. It was pretty disappointing to open up our nice trailer home only to find out that it DID NOT include linens and no one had told us about this. I was sure it was a mistake but what could we do with the office closed and it being so late? We slept miserably atop the itchy bedspread with layers of clothing to keep us warm. The next day I called from our first college visit and the office person (who was very nice, as were all of the staff) said that she was glad I had called because they needed me to come to the office and fill out the contract and leave a deposit for the gate card (which I was not informed of earlier). I then found out that linens are not included and that they do not have any extras lying around. Who doesn't have one set of sheets per unit rental? I was very annoyed at this point because I rented the Deluxe Park Home and usually deluxe would mean linens, perhaps a few amenities. I had to find a cheap place to buy linens so we simply bought blankets that we could envelope ourselves in so as not to pay extra for something unnecessary and have to pack it all into our already full car to drive to our next destination. Additionally, the unit had one full bed and two sets of bunk beds. The bunk beds did not appear to be average size beds but were shortened for the park home so that my tall teens (6'3" and 5'11") were not able to sleep comfortably. They curled up in a ball, and probably not comfortably so, for the three nights we stayed there. It is sad because we were looking forward to our stay but ended up feeling relieved to leave and finally get a good night's sleep. On a more positive note, the grounds were really nice, clean, and they offered quite a bit of fun activities. The pool was nice, clean and in good condition. My children had fun with that. Mini golf was fun also and very reasonably priced. There is a game room/arcade and this space looked like a lot of fun although we did not have time to use it. The larger playground (they have two, one large and one small) was great for my kids. They hung out on the spinning top and had a blast with that. There were certain fun activities like family basketball, Bingo, and pool activities that we did not partake in but it was nice to know that these were available. The store had plenty of items and they served ice cream that was pretty good. The grounds certainly gave us plenty of options when not out and about (hence the rating). We did not use the lake or boats for fishing, however. The deluxe park model was decent but I did not see it as "Deluxe".They had a really nice deck to sit out on and a fire ring. There was a charcoal grill also outside. Inside was a gas stove but there were no pots or pans to cook with, just a broiler insert. I like to cook for my family and we don't grill everything, so this was disappointing given that the reason you rent with a kitchen is to make use of it. A microwave was available but nothing other than a plate to heat things in. There were sleeping accommodations for six but only enough utensils for three. We had to use plastic utensils (which were provided). Although toilet paper was made available, there was no dish soap nor hand soap available. Thankfully I had brought some hand soap but had to purchase the rest if I wanted to have clean dishes. There was no wine opener or other types of utensils other than a few spoons, forks, a few butter knives and one sharp knife. Overall I was disappointed in our experience and probably will not return. I had higher expectations given our stay at their sister resort on Cape Cod.

Room Tip: Make sure you inquire about what is included if you rent living quarters from them. Linens, soap, po...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
LakeInWood, Public Relations Manager at Lake in Wood Resort, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Khi_p,

Thank you for your feedback on your most recent stay with us! I am sorry to hear that your visit was not to your satisfaction. We send rental information sheets via email to every guest that books a rental unit with us, which clearly outlines in bold everything that the rental includes and everything you need to bring with you (linens, towels, pots & pans, and cooking utensils). We checked our records and you were emailed your rental information sheet at the time of booking. We expect our guests to read these rental information sheets to avoid a situation like this. Also, without knowing the height of our guests, we are not able to know if they would comfortably fit in the beds in the unit. However, we do have pictures of the insides of our rental units on our website and there is a floor plan included on the rental information sheets that we send out. We try our best to accommodate our guests and make them aware of exactly what the rental unit is like, and we are sorry we were not able to do that for you and your family.

We are happy to hear you enjoyed our park amenities, cleanliness, and family activities! Thanks again for your review!
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Spent 5 nights at camp ground. Very clean. Staff helpful. Nice pool area and cafe. Many activities to choose from. Site are very clean and roomy. We choose a pull out site. Lake and fishing was a lot of fun. Bath house very clean but did not use as rv had a bathroom. Nearest supermarket is a drive, so bring what you need before you get there. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My family has been wanting to go camping for a few years and I have been the one trying to avoid it. We have all sorts of camping gear collected over the years. My idea of a vacation includes a hotel and air conditioning. I know Lake in Wood is not "real" camping like at a state park, but I wanted something safe without all the riff raff that sometimes is found at state parks.

We planned on a two night stay although we ended up not arriving until the second day but earlier than the 3 pm check-in. Check out is at 2 PM. RVs need to be out before 1 PM.

(1) Check-in/out: Check in was a little confusing as there was no parking available before the gated entrance. We ended up pulling over to the side with our SUV. Other than that check-in was simple. They directed us on the map to our camp site. Check out was simple since we were tent camping.

(2) The camp site: We stay in spot S5. This was a great campsite - another tent camper even said this to us. There were trees on three of the sides with one of them being woods. We had a generous layer of wood chips for the tent. The site included electrical hook ups, water tap, cable outlet, picnic table, and fire pit. The bathrooms were a short walk away. The lake was also close by. As opposed to other campsites here and at other places, our campsite was not right on top of someone else. We actually had a little privacy. There was plenty of room for our huge tent. Wood for the fire pit is sold at the trading post for $4 for a decent sized bundle.

(3) Bathrooms: Our nearest bathroom was Bath House #4. This was one of the cleanest bathrooms I have ever seen. The tile is reminiscent of an Olive Garden. The showers worked fine and we did not experience any lines. The lighting in the bathroom and outside it were excellent. There were no bugs in the bathrooms.

(4) Swimming pool: The pool here is great. There is a sprayground/kids area and as well as two other pools. One of them is 9 feet deep. Lots of seating. The bathrooms here were a little old but relatively clean.

(5) Playgrounds: We visited two of the playgrounds here. My tween and teen enjoyed them despite being older. I liked the use of recycled tires. There was not a single piece of trash on the ground here.

(6) The Lake: The lake looked gross from all the algae despite the aeration fountain. I was not sure if this was a real lake or a storm water management pond. People seemed to enjoy fishing and boating. I wish the gravel trail extended all the way around the pond.

(7) Biking: We brought our bikes to get around Lake in Wood. There were a lot of "hills" to negotiate which made biking challenging. The roads in the resort were great for riding around and exploring. We biked to the pools, playgrounds, café, trading post. Also be careful of motor vehicles and golf carts on the paths.

(8) Gnome Café: This is the onsite restaurant that seemed popular. We came here for the complimentary coffee in the morning. It was standard at best. Apparently on weekdays, the trading post has free Keurig coffee.

(9) Trading Post: Friendly staff. The shop is where you get gear for boating and mini golf. You can also purchase a variety of clothes, drinks, snacks, and sundries. A small ice cream will run you $2 for a generous serving. We forgot to bring soap and bought a small bar here.

(10) Mini golf: This was in expensive - family of 4 was $5 total. There are nine holes that you play twice for 18 holes. There was nothing fancy here - just a simple set up. We all had a good time.

My overall impressions of this place are good. Despite the comments of others, I found the staff here to be nice and helpful. Tent campers are in a minority here. Most have RV's or trailers. Some people stayed in the units that were available at the resort. There were few dogs present. Smoking seemed to be allowed but the resort was not over run with smokers. Since we were here on the weekend, we did not hear the quarry. I would come back again and even consider staying in one their lodgings.

Room Tip: If you are tent camping, choose a spot that backs to the woods like S3, S5, or S7. S1 was right at...
Lebanon, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I am not one to bring places down but take it how you want. The only thing that I was looking forward to here was the "lake" aka pond, it is difficult to navigate. Full of scum ( I am sure that is natures fault) but it is only June. I would hate to see it by august. Makes it difficult to fish, especially with kids. The fish we managed to catch were oversized sunfish/bluegill and bass with huge heads and small bodies. Very good indication of "inbreeding fish". Do your selfs a favor and pull some out. All the fish almost just walk in. Don't even fight ya at all. It is also very hard to get to the pond. You are always walking thru others sites or walking the whole way around. Quarry isn't so bad and they are just tring to earn a living. However I do think we were kind of "taken advantage of". Were told we HAD to have a four night stay, really?? In June?? It wasn't a holiday. Easy way to make 300 bucks if you ask me. I haven't seen on staff member even crack a smile at you. All seem to be kids. Only older man I seen just rode the mower around and blew leaves around. Never waved or nothing. Wifi sucks. Couldn't get the computer to work at all. By the time Friday night came around it was way under powered for the obvious load it was going to see for the next 48 hours. I found it difficult to navigate with my trailer. Overall I am about 60 foot long. Roads are narrow and winding. No room for error here. It's a heck of a drop off. We were told to back into our site a certain direction which was totally wrong. Should have known it would be bogus cause the girl telling us didn't even look like she could drive. Our whole row I watched everyone struggle to get in. I am very seasoned in trailer pulling and maneuvering. I tow tens of thousands of miles a year both with work and recreation. I was just more let down then I was expecting. They should spend a few more bucks in functionality, maybe half a much as they do on apperences. I paid extra for a fancy site. Still was very un level and my cable was horrible. There is also no place to park my truck. Didn't really fit infront of the camper and there is no paking areas around me at all. I am half hanging in the road and fear that these stupid golf carts will not damage my pickup. Nicest part of the site was a fire ring that has a cooking grate in it. All in all it is a nice place but not for a real camping experience. They were nice enough to accommodate our large dog occupancy, but in the end I am sure I paid for it anyhow. They are also charging you for kids. Umm isn't it a family campground? I don't get places like this??

• Stayed June 2014
LakeInWood, Public Relations Manager at Lake in Wood Resort, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Hi KFirestone85,

Thank you for taking the time to write in your review. I am sorry to hear that your most recent visit was not to your satisfaction. We at Lake-In-Wood strive for excellence in making your stay as perfect as possible. We are sorry we did not meet your expectations.

We are surprised to hear your comments about our lake as we always get such high praise about the quality of fishing and our lake's appearance. Sorry you were disappointed with that! In regards to the 4 night minimum, we do not have a 4 night minimum stay in June. I actually have your online reservation on file and you had requested to stay 4 nights with us and we did not require that. While we do have some high school and college aged employees here at our resort, they are not any less well-informed than our older staff. Every team member, regardless of age, is well trained and happy to help you during your stay. We also did try to accommodate your wishes by approving you to have four dogs with you during your stay with us, which is twice the amount than we usually allow. We gladly made this exception for you and in no way were you charged for your pets. We actually never charge for pets, so this was not something that you paid for.

Once again, we are sorry you were disappointed with your stay. Thanks again for your feedback!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

I was just there this past weekend for a girls only camping trip (tent). This place is very clean. The bathrooms are spotless! The food at the cafe is good. The indoor pool was clean. I liked it so much that I have already booked another trip in June, this time with the family. Cant wait!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Lake in Wood Resort? Share your experiences!