“Great seafood” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Berwick, Pennsylvania
“Great seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Banko's just expanded but still get there early. We enjoy sitting in the bar area but families would be more comfortable in the dining rooms.
The fish and seafood is great and so are the portions. We order 1 dinner and 1 appetizer and share both.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Drums, Pennsylvania
“Best seafood around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Friends have urged me to check this place out for years. Should have did it earlier. Remodeled after the devastating flood in 2011, this place is handsome, yet cozy. Read/heard several complaints about the service. We had no problems. Waitress was friendly and efficient, without being overbearing. The food: thought the lobster bisque was a little too salty. My king crab legs were plentiful and cooked just right, not overdone and mushy like some other places. A friend had the crabcakes. Incredible. Huge with almost no filling. Probably get that the next time. Enough to take home for lunch the next day. My wife got a roast beef and cheese sandwich (not a seafood person) which she didn't like. But hey, what do expect from a seafood place. Will def go again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
PA
“Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Banko's is a locally owned seafood restaurant and extremely bypasses any chain in the area. In fact, there is better seafood at this restaurant than at the beach. The service isn't that great, but the food definitely makes up for that. The value is awesome. I can't say enough.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Pittston, Pennsylvania
“Horrible service & poor food quality”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

Poor quality all around. Ordered the lobster bisque. I believe it was made with canned lobster as the lobster in the soup was in shredded form. Also bountiful were granuals of celery salt. Waited for an hour at our table before our food came. Asked to speak to the manager about 56 minutes in and was told that is a normal wait time for food service. She said they expanded the restaurant so you didn't have to wait outside. She agreed to upgrade our petite lobster tail dinners to four ounce tails and I found that to be an agreeable bargain. When the food arrived and I cracked into my first tail, it was black. Needless to say I sent it back and asked to have my bill adjusted as I would not be
paying for a meal with such poor quality. Don't waste your time or your money. This is what happens when you try to eat seafood too far away from the ocean. NEVER AGAIN.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
“Great food/atmosphere ruined by poor wait staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

One of my favorite places TO EAT is JJ Bankos Seafood in Nanticoke. I am a seafood lover and it doesn't get much better here! My fiancé and I walked in to the restaurant on a Friday night, about an hour before closing. The hostess sort of ignored us at first, then when she realized we were still waiting, she made it obvious she was looking at her non-existent watch to shoot over a message that they will close in an hour. I wanted to leave but my fiancé insisted it was okay to order since they had a whole hour until closing. We both ordered waters and two draft beers. I received a Sprite and my beer came way late. She didn't check on us at all after the meal came, only to bring our check. The waitresses all sat down next to our table as they were wrapping utensils, complaining about BANKOS and literally cursing loud enough for most to hear.. If you don't like your job, QUIT! Because people like Bankos food, and you are ruining it for the business. Next time we will sit in the bar to eat, during the day. That is when the service is good!

• Visited May 2013