“What a delight!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“What a delight!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

My wife and I had an 8:00 reservation and were greeted by Ruth Anne. We took our seats in the rustic dining room and both ordered a glass of wine. We then ordered the mussels appetizer which was fantastic. Most of the clams or mussels appetizers that I have ordered are prepared in an overly buttery sauce. This was not. It was prepared with red onions and covered with a generous portion of frites. I used a few pieces of bread to soak up the wonderfully-tasting sauce. Ruth Anne had all the answers for any of our menu questions, even going so far as to tell us how they were prepared. For entrees, I decided on the NY strip that was on special, while my wife ordered the Veal Marsala. My steak was prepared with a great au pouvre sauce, while my wife said her Veal Marsala was the best she has ever tasted. We next ordered two Espresso Martinis and the creme brulee for dessert. Creme Brulee is my favorite dessert, but this one was incredible. There is a choice of chocolate or mocha. We decided on the mocha and it was fabulous. My wife was commenting to Ruth Anne that everything was incredible-- even the glass of water. Ruth Anne explained that the restaurant uses a triple filtration system. Amazing! Next we were greeted by the chef-- Chef Joe. He graciously explained how he prepared our dishes. We thanked him for a wonderful dining experience and told him we would definitely be back! We next decided to check out the pub downstairs. We were treated to a wonderful education on beer. The bartender (sorry, her name escapes me), took the time to explain stoudts, pale ales and lagers, and even gave us a few to sample. After a few great beers, we thanked her and left-- both feeling very satisfied and excited that we had found a new place to add to our short list of wonderful establishments. On the way home, we both agreed this was one of the best places we have found in Central Penn. If you are looking for a great dining experience, this is the place. Try it, I guarantee you won't be disappointed!

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

lancaster, pa
“Perfect little restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

This little out-of-the way restaurant in the middle of nowhere is ABSOLUTELY worth the lovely scenic drive. My husband and I tried it with friends once last winter at the suggestion of another couple that goes routinely for celebrations and love it. This time we took a different couple from New York with us, and everyone was pleased. The chef has amazing training, but when he started his restaurant, he didn't want big city overhead. There is a little country pub downstairs, sometimes with local music, and the real restaurant upstairs is very casual and unpreposessing. But the staff is terrific, the bar is wonderful, especially if you like bourbon, the prices are reasonnable, and the food is really, really good.

• Visited October 2011