“Should be called George's Diner” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Harrisburg, PA
“Should be called George's Diner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

As you will note in my previous reviews for George's Restaurant, my wife and I drive in from Harrisburg once a year to go to the haunted attraction called "Field Of Screams" Each trip provides us with the opportunity to dine at George's.

In my title I stated it should be called "George's Diner" and I say that in a positive way. I LOVE diners, ample servings, very reasonable prices and good service and that's what you get at George's, the place is very down to earth, that includes the employees and the fellow customers. If your looking for someplace fancy this is not your place, please move on to some other restaurant vs. eating here and giving the place a bad review because you had higher aspirations for your dining experience. Two other things, they now have Wi-Fi {ask for the password} and they have a liquor license. Enjoy!

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Northern New Jersey
“Better than expected!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Okay, I really wanted to have Italian food. I asked the front desk personnel for a recommendation as to who would best satisfy. We were given this vendor (loads of their menus were readily available at the front desk). I hail from northern NJ and I wanted Italian like I would find in my home area. After searching the menu closely, I was not really impressed and I was not feeling too adventurous. I finally decided with a medium cheese pizza and 12 wings (coupon insert) for $13.50 and a regular tossed salad (lettuce, tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers). My daughter enjoyed the salad (cool because she is picky) and the chicken was very tasty!

Visited September 2012
New York
“Cheap, big portions and great variety”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We ate there late on a Saturday night thanks to a recommendation from some locals. The meal was really inexpensive for a tourist area and the portions were huge. The kids menu included cheese quesadillas. The stromboli is incredible. The soups and chili were homemade and the greek salad was excellent. The atmosphere is a clean, casual diner and the staff is friendly.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great Pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Petros was extremely nice (I believe his family owns the diner). Pizza was very good (plain & sausage). My daughter described it as "fluffy." We are from NY and are Italian -- so while it wasn't NY quality, so to speak, it was still very good. We'd go back.

Visited August 2012
Amherst, Canada
“Tired travellers find a good meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

We had just arrived in the area and were directed to George's since we were late getting in. The meals were great, portions were huge (our daughters couldn't eat much of their pasta after filling up on salad and lovely warm rolls - there was enough left over for the 5 of us to feast on next day for lunch!).

Visited August 2012