We had stayed at this hotel 7 years ago so after reading some reviews here, we decided to try it again for a week. We were overall very pleased with our stay. We had a 2 bedroom suite which was laid out nicely with the living room area and kitchen in the middle and the bedrooms on opposite sides. Plenty of room for privacy or togetherness. The rooms and hallways are updated with new carpeting and the room was very clean. The rooms have a full-size refrigerator and small kitchen. Because the hotel is located off of Route 30, there is some highway noise, but this did not bother us. The pool is outdoor and very nice. I think it closed at 9:00 and we would have preferred 10:00 or 11:00. Also, it would have been nice to have a few lounge chairs around the pool and some toys/balls. They have a grill and patio area for cooking/eating, which is great.
As others have mentioned, the breakfast items are limited (waffles, cereal, oatmeal, bagels, juice and coffee). They have a computer in the lobby and the rooms have Wi-fi, although it was spotty at times. If you like to walk, the grounds are spacious as they extend to a Mini Golf place, icecream shop and The Sleep Inn. There is also a great neighborhood for walking behind the hotel. The best part for us was the proximity to area attractions (25 minutes from Amish area, 45 minutes from Hershey, 75 minutes from Gettysburg, 10 minutes from Park City Mall, etc.)
You can request light housekeeping every other day. Since our hotel phone wasn't working, we went to the desk to do this. Unfortunately it wasn't done, and we had to request again. The front desk staff was not very friendly or helpful, but with easy internet access, you can find information on your own. It appeared that the staff spends more time with their longer stay customers (those renting for months or even a year). The hotel is also pet-friendly, so you will see people walking their dogs and cats sitting in windows.
The pluses: value for your money, room size, location, grounds, pool
The minuses: friendliness of front desk staff, breakfast variety
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Choice Hotels, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your MainStay Suites of Lancaster County reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mainstay Suites Of Lancaster County Hotel Mountville
- Mainstay Suites Mountville
- Mainstay Mountville
- Mountville Mainstay Suites
- MainStay Suites Of Lancaster County PA - Mountville