“Just What We Needed” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mountville
Mount Joy, Pennsylvania
“Just What We Needed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Recently, we needed a place to stay for two weeks while our kitchen was being remodeled.
This turned out to be the perfect solution. Room was very cozy and comfortable. Bathroom is a nice size and the shower one of the best we've ever had in a hotel. Kitchen is full size and fully stocked with dishes, utensils, pots and pans, etc. That was a big help. Bed was very comfortable. Had no noise issues and got a great night's sleep every night. Breakfast offering was just enough, the usual fare plus waffles and donuts. They have an outdoor pool, which of course was not yet open for the season. However, there is a Sleep Inn within walking distance that has an indoor pool and Jacuzzi, which they let us use, a nice touch.
Best of all the staff were all wonderful, very friendly and knowledgeable. Linda Gallucci worked with us from the start to show us the room personally and make sure it fit our needs, and offered a great rate for the period. Would certainly recommend to anyone . Great location near US30 and area attractions. Great job Mainstay!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
lindagallucci1, Director of Sales at MainStay Suites of Lancaster County, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you so much for the great review! We love having guests like yourself that appreciate all the amenities we have to offer. I hope you are enjoying your newly remodeled kitchen!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed at the mainstay suites on April 2nd and 3rd. We were very pleased with the cleanliness and large size of the room. My husband and I were traveling with our 2 daughters and my mother. There was a king size bed, double bed and pull out sofa in the room. There was also a recliner in the room along with a nice size flat screen tv. The kitchenette area was a real treat. There was a full size refrigerator, sink with disposal, dishwasher, stove and microwave. Also, the kitchen area was complete with, dishes, pots, pans and silverware. It was really nice to have the option of cooking your own meal right in the room. The hotel was only about 20 minutes from some of the main tourist areas and we didn't mind the short drive. We also enjoyed the continental breakfast. You could make your own waffle, along with cereal, muffins, bagels, coffee and juices. Over all we had a very enjoyable stay and we would love to stay again if we are ever in the area another time.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking your time to comment on our property. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay and were able to utilize our kitchen area. I think it is very economical when traveling with a large family to be able to do some of your own cooking. I am sure you found being located so close to route 30 that it really is a short trip to the Amish attractions. I hope you are abe to come back to stay with us again sometime.
Columbia, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is my second rating of this hotel. My previous rating was not very good. I received a message from Mainstay to say they were listening.... and they did! I have recently returned to the hotel and couldn't beleive it. The staff was always pleasant and the location and amenities were exactly what I needed. However, the carpet was old and the cleaning seemed sub-standard. They have now re-carpeted. They have new furniture. The rooms are so much cleaner and smell nice. Thank you Mainstay!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
lindagallucci1, Director of Sales at MainStay Suites of Lancaster County, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review. I am gald you came back to experience our upgrades. Since you were here we have also put in new carpeting and tile in our lobby area. We appreciate you taking time to comment on our improvements. We hope to see you again soon.
Columbia, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

Staff is extremely nice, but the cleanliness is lacking. Rooms are large and comfortable but out-dated. Very dusty and nasty carpets. There are three washers and three dryers, but a washer and a dryer have been broken for a while. why would they not fix things like this. It really needs some TLC.

• Stayed October 2012
lindagallucci1, Director of Sales at MainStay Suites of Lancaster County, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for taking time to comment on the Mainstay Suites. Guest feedback is the best way for us to improve our services. We will certainly pass on your suggestions to our housekeeping department.
Manassas Park, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

When I first went into the “non-smoking” hotel room, I was overcome by the awful musty or smoke smell. Unfortunately, the windows do not open on the 1st floor, so you have to wait until you get used to the smell. It took a while before I got used to the smell, but after I made eggs the next day morning, then the room smelled like eggs the rest of the trip.

When I first flushed the toilet, I didn't think it was going to work because it went straight up. The 2nd time I flushed, it went down like normal. I guess the person before me must have stopped up the toilet.

The beds are extremely hard. I have a bad back, so I didn't get much sleep the whole trip.

The only good thing about this hotel is they do not clean your room unless you asked them to clean, so you have no maids knocking on your door early in the morning to clean.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
lindagallucci1, Director of Sales at MainStay Suites of Lancaster County, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on the Mainstay Suites. Guest feedback is the best way for us to continue to improve our services.
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed at this hotel from 7/26-28. We were attending the Scrapbooking Expo in Lancaster, and it was the only place for a good rate at the time. We had a room with a queen size bed and a pull out sofa. The bathroom was small, and the kitchen area was big enough. The fridge was a full size. In the same parking lot there was an ice cream shop, which served Hershey Ice Cream and it was good. If you exited the hotel, and got on the highway and took the first exit, there were places to eat, get gas, and a Dunkin Donuts. The breakfast is free and continental, but very small. There was no check in desk. A woman sat in an office at a desk. If you needed additional soap/towels, you could go to the linen closet for it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
lindagallucci1, Director of Sales at MainStay Suites of Lancaster County, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you for taking some time to comment on our Mainstay Suites. I am happy to hear you enjoyed having a kitchen with a full size refrigerator. We appreciate your comments and hope to see you again when you are in Lancaster.
Midland, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Not just dirty....FILTHY. Room smelled like cat urine. Black grunge around all handles, doors, refrigerator door, etc. Dirty bathroom mirror and sink, sticky (ew!) bathroom floor, and DRIED, HAIR COVERED URINE! around base of toilet! (double ew!!)

Room Tip: Was told 3rd floor was for smokers. Know ahead that pets are allowed.