“Good As Ever” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Greek, Italian
Milford, Delaware
“Good As Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Remember, this is a diner, but excellent in what they do, how they do it, and the value. We took friends there for a meal so our wives could have a break (ha), and 5 of us ordered different entres', and all came out as ordered, hot and large enough to take some home. Velma and Jimmy are gracious hosts, the place is clean and the waitstaff are pleasant. So, don't hesitate to stop there when you're hungry and don't want to break the bank.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

portsmouth
“Delicious!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Growing up I spent a lot of time in this area on family vacations. These vacations always included lunch at the Mountainhome Diner at least once if not several times during our stay. I am now grown with a family of my own and was re-exploring the area with them after not visiting for almost 20 years. It was such a wonderful surprise to find the diner was cleaner and the food was tastier than I remembered. The staff were very friendly and I will definitely be going back!

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Mount Pocono, Pennsylvania
“Home made food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

Great home made food, especially the lobster bisque,crab cakes and macaroni and cheese. Best
Baklava I have had in a long time. Fresh ground coffee for the coffee drinkers.The staff are all very friendly and courteous taking pride in the restaurant they work in.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Easton, Pennsylvania
“Plenty of choices on the menu.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

This is the second time I have eaten at Mountainhome Diner. I had the turkey dinner; turkey breast with gravy over bread, mashed potatoes, and corn. It was just ok. I did enjoy the onion soup that came with the meal. My nephew had the exact thing and loved it. Another person at the table had a steak sandwich which I tried; very good! . It came with au jus instead of a red sauce. Our waitress was very nice and attentive. I may stop back again if I am in the area. I would probably order a breakfast, which is available all day long.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Cresco, Pennsylvania
“Jimmy the newest owner is just as rude as previous owners”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

I didn't think anyone could mess up serving breakfast food until I ate in the Mountainhome Diner. The owner of the month "Jimmy" owns the diner no longer than 3 weeks. What a way to start a new business venture. The food was cold, eggs had a strange taste to them, the coffee was like mud and acted like a laxative. Now I know why restaurants have the highest failure rate of any business because of owners like this...Good luck if you dare to eat there !!!

• Visited March 2012