“Can't wait to go back!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 25 Restaurants in Mountain Top
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: North St.
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
“Can't wait to go back!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

Excellent food, great atmosphere. My family can't wait to go back. Love, love, love it!!!

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“tucked away great find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

I have had many mojitos and a steak or two in my life, by far the best of both I've ever had were at Damenti's. Great atmosphere, great wait staff. I was with a large group, 12 people, everyone was satisfied. Yes it is a bit pricey,but you do get what you pay for. Great time!

• Visited June 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
sugarloaf
“atittude of owner, waitstaff appearance, and wait time”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

waitresses need to update uniforms as they were faded
and ugly from years of wear. unusual for a supposingly
upscale establishment. also took forever to be seated
even though we had reservations. seems regulars have priority regardless of reservations. not likely to return.

Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

My husband and I have driven by this restaurant often and always wanted to try it. Glad we can now say we did but sad to say we probably don't feel it is worth going back. The service was very good and our waitress was wonderful and honest but I don't feel the food was worth the price. I was especially surprised that my salad was nothing more than lettuce and a little onion. There wasn't even any tomato in it (in either of our salads). The food was good but not anything out of the ordinary or overly special to justify the higher price than some other comparable or better than comparable restaurants. I had a steak which was okay and my husband had the crabmeat dish. He has tried it at several area restaurants and said this one was his least favorite and it was more expensive here.They were out of chocolate mousse so my dessert options were limited. To be fair, I am a chocoholic and do not like peanut butter. Their only other chocolate option was chocolate cake with p.b. icing.

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Mountain Top, Pennsylvania
“Great Dining Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

Damenti's is heads and shoulders above any restaurant in the area, a stark contrast to all of the chains. Lovely atmosphere and great food will keep me and my family coming back for more!

• Visited June 2011