“Great place to stay and unwind” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Resort   |   312 Woodland Rd., Mount Pocono, PA 18344   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Mount Pocono
Falls Church, VA
“Great place to stay and unwind”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2009

I wanted a place that would be memorable for my husband's 50th birthday. We wanted to be able to go snow tubing and just plain have a relaxing time, Camelback is nearby, and so was the Crossings Outlets. This was a great place to stay! The hotel was quiet, which helped with de-stressing. We were awed by the hotel when we first drove as it stood out by itself. We were even more awed by the lobby when we parked our car to check in. The staff was courteous and helpful. We liked the fitness room and were able to work out some during our stay. The only thing that we didn't like was having to walk through the casino to take the elevators to our rooms. The smell of smoke permeated in the air. Other than this, it was a great place to stay and we intend to return.

• Liked — oversized bathroom
  • Disliked — Walking through the smoke-filled casino to get to the elevators to the hotel rooms
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Mount Airy Casino for a weekend getaway and it was great! The rooms were very nice and clean, plasma tv, big shower, and comfy bed. The casino was filled with all kinds of different slot machines and electronic poker (no tables though). We ate at the Italian retaraunt, located in the casino area, and it was amazingly good (a liitle pricey too but thats expected). I really enjoyed my stay at this beautiful hotel and would definately consider returning!

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Disliked — older crowd
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
muss01
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2009

Went there for a night stay to get away. The rooms were very clean and spacious. The bed was very comfortable not like some that are like laying on a board. The staff was friendly and helpful. Overall a very nice casino to get away and relax and enjoy the company of your friends and or significant other.

• 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2009

My husband booked this trip for my 50th birthday and we had a great time. The rooms are fabulous. We stayed in the King Suite and it was gorgeous. The bed is so luxurious you don't want to get up. The bathroom is so tasteful and high end you feel like a queen.

We loved having breakfast in the diner. The potato cakes are a nice change of pace from hashbrowns and the service is very friendly. The buffet was nice as well.

The slots are very tight. I hardly won anything all week but we still had fun and it was not crowded at all. We stayed during the week and not on a weekend. I'm sure the weekends are busy but we were glad to have our pick of slot machines.

I would go again in a minute. We are already saving for our next trip.

• Liked — The room
  • Disliked — Tight Slot Machines
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Pottstown PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2008

We stayed here for our honeymoon. We only had a few days to get away, and this was a perfect place. The hotel is Very clean and the staff was very friendly. The vallet service was quick and the vallet workers were also very friendly. The casino is nice, but no card tables, only slot machines. The eating facilities in the hotel are nice, the dinner was pretty cheap and the food was really good. The rooms are very well decorated. The bed is very comfortable. The bathroom was probably my favorite part of the room! We also ordered room service one morning, the food came quickly and it was hot and very good (and it wasn't overpriced crazy like some places). The hotel is very quiet and I never heard the cleaning staff or anyone else while in my room.

• Liked — It was VERY Clean and quiet
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
Wilkes-Barre
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2008

My husband and I stayed at Mt. Airy Casino for our 10 year anniversary. I didn't know they had a day spa on property. They were able to accomidate me at the last minute. I received a facial, massage, pedicure and a hair cut. The entire facility was amazing. The receptionists looked excited to see me! I felt like a princess. The facial was to die for....I fell asleep during the massage. The pedicure was the most luxurious nail service I have ever received and my hair came out fabulous. Everyone was so nice to me. Totally recommend it.

Long Island, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2008

I had to opportunity to first visit these property years ago as Mount Airy Lodge and was excited to see what the new owners had in store for this new venture in this historic site.
The hotel and rooms are quite nice. Very clean flat screen TV. No heart shaped tubs anymore but very nice updated rooms with showers. They say the chandelier in the lobby was from the old place.
We tried the buffet which was reasonable and quite good matching any I have had in Atlantic City or Vegas. The diner was quite good also. I did not see a breakfast buffet which they should have on the weekends.
The staff at the entire hotel was first rate and extremely friendly which added to the charm of the place, as for the casino it is smaller than most and had little variety in machines. Many one cent slots that want you to play the max. I did see a woman win $10,000 on the dollar slots but most were loosing as we all know the house wins. There are no tables and a few electronic poker machines you also have to pay for your alcoholic drinks. Non alcoholic drinks are free.
The spa was great. Small exercise rooms sauna but no whirlpools or pool yet. They say an indoor pool is coming soon.
We ventured into town since there is not much to do at the property this is where they lack since they call it at resort. The old place had activities such as ski and ice skating. Just gambling here. We visited the outlets a mile or two down the road. Nightlife is lackluster. Hillbilly bands a line dancing with locals and salsa were horrible for me. The crowd is not young either. Most retired people.
One suggestion for younger people in their 30's and 40's. a block an away was Shiros Japanese steakhouse and a nightclub is attached was a lot of fun but we did have to venture off the property. Overall this is not the old place. If you are looking for a romantic night away in the Poconos this is the place for you. If you are looking to gamble got to AC.

• Liked — Clean updated rooms. Restaurants
  • Disliked — Not enough non gambling activities on the property
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Mount Airy Casino Resort? Share your experiences!