“nice rooms” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Mount Pocono
muss01
“nice rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2009

Went there for a night stay to get away. The rooms were very clean and spacious. The bed was very comfortable not like some that are like laying on a board. The staff was friendly and helpful. Overall a very nice casino to get away and relax and enjoy the company of your friends and or significant other.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2009

My husband booked this trip for my 50th birthday and we had a great time. The rooms are fabulous. We stayed in the King Suite and it was gorgeous. The bed is so luxurious you don't want to get up. The bathroom is so tasteful and high end you feel like a queen.

We loved having breakfast in the diner. The potato cakes are a nice change of pace from hashbrowns and the service is very friendly. The buffet was nice as well.

The slots are very tight. I hardly won anything all week but we still had fun and it was not crowded at all. We stayed during the week and not on a weekend. I'm sure the weekends are busy but we were glad to have our pick of slot machines.

I would go again in a minute. We are already saving for our next trip.

• Liked — The room
  • Disliked — Tight Slot Machines
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
Pottstown PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2008

We stayed here for our honeymoon. We only had a few days to get away, and this was a perfect place. The hotel is Very clean and the staff was very friendly. The vallet service was quick and the vallet workers were also very friendly. The casino is nice, but no card tables, only slot machines. The eating facilities in the hotel are nice, the dinner was pretty cheap and the food was really good. The rooms are very well decorated. The bed is very comfortable. The bathroom was probably my favorite part of the room! We also ordered room service one morning, the food came quickly and it was hot and very good (and it wasn't overpriced crazy like some places). The hotel is very quiet and I never heard the cleaning staff or anyone else while in my room.

• Liked — It was VERY Clean and quiet
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Wilkes-Barre
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2008

My husband and I stayed at Mt. Airy Casino for our 10 year anniversary. I didn't know they had a day spa on property. They were able to accomidate me at the last minute. I received a facial, massage, pedicure and a hair cut. The entire facility was amazing. The receptionists looked excited to see me! I felt like a princess. The facial was to die for....I fell asleep during the massage. The pedicure was the most luxurious nail service I have ever received and my hair came out fabulous. Everyone was so nice to me. Totally recommend it.

Long Island, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2008

I had to opportunity to first visit these property years ago as Mount Airy Lodge and was excited to see what the new owners had in store for this new venture in this historic site.
The hotel and rooms are quite nice. Very clean flat screen TV. No heart shaped tubs anymore but very nice updated rooms with showers. They say the chandelier in the lobby was from the old place.
We tried the buffet which was reasonable and quite good matching any I have had in Atlantic City or Vegas. The diner was quite good also. I did not see a breakfast buffet which they should have on the weekends.
The staff at the entire hotel was first rate and extremely friendly which added to the charm of the place, as for the casino it is smaller than most and had little variety in machines. Many one cent slots that want you to play the max. I did see a woman win $10,000 on the dollar slots but most were loosing as we all know the house wins. There are no tables and a few electronic poker machines you also have to pay for your alcoholic drinks. Non alcoholic drinks are free.
The spa was great. Small exercise rooms sauna but no whirlpools or pool yet. They say an indoor pool is coming soon.
We ventured into town since there is not much to do at the property this is where they lack since they call it at resort. The old place had activities such as ski and ice skating. Just gambling here. We visited the outlets a mile or two down the road. Nightlife is lackluster. Hillbilly bands a line dancing with locals and salsa were horrible for me. The crowd is not young either. Most retired people.
One suggestion for younger people in their 30's and 40's. a block an away was Shiros Japanese steakhouse and a nightclub is attached was a lot of fun but we did have to venture off the property. Overall this is not the old place. If you are looking for a romantic night away in the Poconos this is the place for you. If you are looking to gamble got to AC.

• Liked — Clean updated rooms. Restaurants
  • Disliked — Not enough non gambling activities on the property
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Nyc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2008

I had just returned from a cruise and went up to the Pocono's with DH/ he was there for business. WE checked in around 1am and all was very quiet, we had go to a different area for check in purposes. Off we went to the room, great beds, clean, flat screen t.v, and all very quiet. In the am we ordered room service, wich was very nice and hot. Off he went for business and back to bed I went. I had no issues at all, we had booked a 2 night stay and it was so nice and quiet, no housekeeping noise. That night we went for dinner in the buffet. I have travelled often, and this buffet was just okay, no Vegas for sure.
We played some slots, and had fun, but kinda boring. We went up to the room early, the next day DH was off for more business, but back early for check out. We wanted to grab a bite to eat at the Diner on property, but the line was so very long, lots of seniors. So we went a Chili's down a few miles west to eat. All in all we had a nice time, and would go back again. I hope they have more things to do in the future. A pool would be GREAT.

• Liked — Beds and T.V
  • Disliked — Very crowded lunch options at Diner
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
berwick, pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2008

My husband and I have stayed twice at Mount Airy thru the free room deal. We have never had a problem. They give you a confirmation number when you book and checkout couldn't be easier. No fees at all. The last time we stayed there was for my husband's birthday and he had a choice of going to
Atlantic City or Mount Airy. The rooms are excellently decorated, very clean and modern. The walk-in tile shower is great. As far as the casino, they need more moderately priced food places. The lines get extremely long when the casino is busy and there are not enough choices. The slots are plentiful but they need to get more "Wizard of Oz" slots. They are very popular and there are only four. You cannot get one. Also the Grand Hotel Monopoly is fun but they need penny ones like in Las Vegas. Other than that it's great and we already have a room booked for the end of October.....

• Liked — pillow top bed
  • Disliked — liked it all
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Mount Airy Casino Resort? Share your experiences!