“Mt. Airy Spa...and more” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Resort   |   312 Woodland Rd., Mount Pocono, PA 18344   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Mount Pocono
Wilkes-Barre
“Mt. Airy Spa...and more”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2008

My husband and I stayed at Mt. Airy Casino for our 10 year anniversary. I didn't know they had a day spa on property. They were able to accomidate me at the last minute. I received a facial, massage, pedicure and a hair cut. The entire facility was amazing. The receptionists looked excited to see me! I felt like a princess. The facial was to die for....I fell asleep during the massage. The pedicure was the most luxurious nail service I have ever received and my hair came out fabulous. Everyone was so nice to me. Totally recommend it.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
Long Island, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2008

I had to opportunity to first visit these property years ago as Mount Airy Lodge and was excited to see what the new owners had in store for this new venture in this historic site.
The hotel and rooms are quite nice. Very clean flat screen TV. No heart shaped tubs anymore but very nice updated rooms with showers. They say the chandelier in the lobby was from the old place.
We tried the buffet which was reasonable and quite good matching any I have had in Atlantic City or Vegas. The diner was quite good also. I did not see a breakfast buffet which they should have on the weekends.
The staff at the entire hotel was first rate and extremely friendly which added to the charm of the place, as for the casino it is smaller than most and had little variety in machines. Many one cent slots that want you to play the max. I did see a woman win $10,000 on the dollar slots but most were loosing as we all know the house wins. There are no tables and a few electronic poker machines you also have to pay for your alcoholic drinks. Non alcoholic drinks are free.
The spa was great. Small exercise rooms sauna but no whirlpools or pool yet. They say an indoor pool is coming soon.
We ventured into town since there is not much to do at the property this is where they lack since they call it at resort. The old place had activities such as ski and ice skating. Just gambling here. We visited the outlets a mile or two down the road. Nightlife is lackluster. Hillbilly bands a line dancing with locals and salsa were horrible for me. The crowd is not young either. Most retired people.
One suggestion for younger people in their 30's and 40's. a block an away was Shiros Japanese steakhouse and a nightclub is attached was a lot of fun but we did have to venture off the property. Overall this is not the old place. If you are looking for a romantic night away in the Poconos this is the place for you. If you are looking to gamble got to AC.

• Liked — Clean updated rooms. Restaurants
  • Disliked — Not enough non gambling activities on the property
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Nyc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2008

I had just returned from a cruise and went up to the Pocono's with DH/ he was there for business. WE checked in around 1am and all was very quiet, we had go to a different area for check in purposes. Off we went to the room, great beds, clean, flat screen t.v, and all very quiet. In the am we ordered room service, wich was very nice and hot. Off he went for business and back to bed I went. I had no issues at all, we had booked a 2 night stay and it was so nice and quiet, no housekeeping noise. That night we went for dinner in the buffet. I have travelled often, and this buffet was just okay, no Vegas for sure.
We played some slots, and had fun, but kinda boring. We went up to the room early, the next day DH was off for more business, but back early for check out. We wanted to grab a bite to eat at the Diner on property, but the line was so very long, lots of seniors. So we went a Chili's down a few miles west to eat. All in all we had a nice time, and would go back again. I hope they have more things to do in the future. A pool would be GREAT.

• Liked — Beds and T.V
  • Disliked — Very crowded lunch options at Diner
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
berwick, pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2008

My husband and I have stayed twice at Mount Airy thru the free room deal. We have never had a problem. They give you a confirmation number when you book and checkout couldn't be easier. No fees at all. The last time we stayed there was for my husband's birthday and he had a choice of going to
Atlantic City or Mount Airy. The rooms are excellently decorated, very clean and modern. The walk-in tile shower is great. As far as the casino, they need more moderately priced food places. The lines get extremely long when the casino is busy and there are not enough choices. The slots are plentiful but they need to get more "Wizard of Oz" slots. They are very popular and there are only four. You cannot get one. Also the Grand Hotel Monopoly is fun but they need penny ones like in Las Vegas. Other than that it's great and we already have a room booked for the end of October.....

• Liked — pillow top bed
  • Disliked — liked it all
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
NYC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2008

Be advised to clarify your promotional details if you book via the telephone. In fact, I'd suggest you get everything in writing. I had an experience recently where I was given one promotional offer on the telephone only to be told I was wrong when I arrived at the hotel. The staff were not helpful, but instead rather accusatory. Instead of correcting their mistake and making good on the promotion that I was quoted, they were inflexible and reflected the mistake back to me. I am very disheartened by their lack of addressing this situation. I will never do dealings with this hotel again. A verbal quote when a reservation is made is a contract and should be honored. Mt. Airy will suffer in the long run from treating good customers with so little respect!!

Stayed September 2008
New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2008

After I checked into my room, I began receiving annoying
phone calls from an old aquaintence. This person was unaware of my travel itenerary. Was it a lucky guess on her part to call the hotel, ask for me, my room number and receive it? After the second call, I contacted the front desk and they assured me they would investigate and stop the calls. They assured me that the policy of the resort was not to forward any calls without first notifying the room. There seems to be some discrepency here, one employee says yes, while the other says no.

They didn't stop the calls.

I received three more phone calls throughout the night. I asked to speak with the hotel director, Mary Bakus. She informed me that unless I register as a non-registered guest, all calls would be put through to the room. I explained that most peole are totally unaware of this policy and the hotel should ammend their security and guests should be aware of this somehow.

I enjoy coming to this resort. It is nearby, the rooms are very comfortable, the choice of food is great, the staff are very nice and extremely accomodating. I just wished I had looked into their security policy a little closer, and I now advise you to do the same. Mt Airy has worked this problem out with me and I am very satisfied, they are sincere and I will return there.

Stayed August 2008
Staten Island, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2008

My wife & I read the offers to give us a high lever players card if we showed high level cards from other casinos. So we applied on line as directed. The next day we drove 120 miles to the casino & upon checking in we submitted Black cards from the Borgata, Diamond from Harrahs & VIP from the Tropicana, we than were informed that the program ended a day before but it has not been taken off the website yet. Up set I did not bother to check into the hotel but we played for several hours.
The next day I checked the web site & the offer was still on Mt. Airy's web page. I wrote the casino two times but both the letters are still unanswered. Due to their inability to accommodate high rollers look at what they are loosing.
Stay Away until they get there act together.

• Liked — Surroundings
  • Disliked — Poor Service
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Mount Airy Casino Resort? Share your experiences!