“LOVED IT!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 7 hotels in Mount Pocono
berwick, pa
“LOVED IT!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2008

My husband and I have stayed twice at Mount Airy thru the free room deal. We have never had a problem. They give you a confirmation number when you book and checkout couldn't be easier. No fees at all. The last time we stayed there was for my husband's birthday and he had a choice of going to
Atlantic City or Mount Airy. The rooms are excellently decorated, very clean and modern. The walk-in tile shower is great. As far as the casino, they need more moderately priced food places. The lines get extremely long when the casino is busy and there are not enough choices. The slots are plentiful but they need to get more "Wizard of Oz" slots. They are very popular and there are only four. You cannot get one. Also the Grand Hotel Monopoly is fun but they need penny ones like in Las Vegas. Other than that it's great and we already have a room booked for the end of October.....

• Liked — pillow top bed
  • Disliked — liked it all
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

647 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
NYC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2008

Be advised to clarify your promotional details if you book via the telephone. In fact, I'd suggest you get everything in writing. I had an experience recently where I was given one promotional offer on the telephone only to be told I was wrong when I arrived at the hotel. The staff were not helpful, but instead rather accusatory. Instead of correcting their mistake and making good on the promotion that I was quoted, they were inflexible and reflected the mistake back to me. I am very disheartened by their lack of addressing this situation. I will never do dealings with this hotel again. A verbal quote when a reservation is made is a contract and should be honored. Mt. Airy will suffer in the long run from treating good customers with so little respect!!

Stayed September 2008
New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2008

After I checked into my room, I began receiving annoying
phone calls from an old aquaintence. This person was unaware of my travel itenerary. Was it a lucky guess on her part to call the hotel, ask for me, my room number and receive it? After the second call, I contacted the front desk and they assured me they would investigate and stop the calls. They assured me that the policy of the resort was not to forward any calls without first notifying the room. There seems to be some discrepency here, one employee says yes, while the other says no.

They didn't stop the calls.

I received three more phone calls throughout the night. I asked to speak with the hotel director, Mary Bakus. She informed me that unless I register as a non-registered guest, all calls would be put through to the room. I explained that most peole are totally unaware of this policy and the hotel should ammend their security and guests should be aware of this somehow.

I enjoy coming to this resort. It is nearby, the rooms are very comfortable, the choice of food is great, the staff are very nice and extremely accomodating. I just wished I had looked into their security policy a little closer, and I now advise you to do the same. Mt Airy has worked this problem out with me and I am very satisfied, they are sincere and I will return there.

Stayed August 2008
Staten Island, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2008

My wife & I read the offers to give us a high lever players card if we showed high level cards from other casinos. So we applied on line as directed. The next day we drove 120 miles to the casino & upon checking in we submitted Black cards from the Borgata, Diamond from Harrahs & VIP from the Tropicana, we than were informed that the program ended a day before but it has not been taken off the website yet. Up set I did not bother to check into the hotel but we played for several hours.
The next day I checked the web site & the offer was still on Mt. Airy's web page. I wrote the casino two times but both the letters are still unanswered. Due to their inability to accommodate high rollers look at what they are loosing.
Stay Away until they get there act together.

• Liked — Surroundings
  • Disliked — Poor Service
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Philly area
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2008

My wife and I stayed here on a Saturday night in July.

---Rooms are excellent. Brand new, well-kept, and quiet.
---Casino is a big, smokey, room packed with slots with a central bar; all other amenities in rooms that feed off the main.
---Premium restaurants served good food, but were way too pricey.
---Club/lounge doesn't draw a large crowd.

And that's about it. In my opinion, this is not a resort. Nothing else to do here. Nothing else to see here. There are other things to do within driving distance of this hotel, but the hotel is fairly isolated from the more popular Poconos destinations.

My wife and I gamble a bit here and there, but, as your ordinary well-rounded individuals, we need a bit more to do than what this hotel has to offer.

Other than the sheer boredom of the place, we felt nickeled-and-dimed (N-and-D'd) at every turn. The markup on the most basic services and food was far beyond what is expected in a destination that is still trying to find its niche. Upon returning home, we received a ton of comp coupons in the mail. Even with a free night's stay, etc., we won't return. I still have the bitter taste in my mouth from being N-and-D'd the first time.

Note to the owners and management: You are a hotel in the Poconos. Get it----The Poconos. You built a hotel in the middle of nowhere. If you keep charging ridiculous amounts of money for the basics, people will go elsewhere.....Duh.

• Liked — Rooms
  • Disliked — Not a resort
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Middletown, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2008

I stayed at this resort Saturday Aug. 16, 2008. I arrived at 1:00PM and was advised check in was at 4pm but the Young Woman at the desk said she would check to see if a room was ready. One was and I was immediately checked in. Very fast check in process. At that time I was advised that being a guest I could get into the nightclub free, My Room was near the elevator which I did not hear at all through out the night. The elevator did have a wierd female voice announcing the floors that some people started talking back to which was very funny. My room was beautiful but it felt a tad tight. King size bed was soft and felt like I was sinking into a cloud. 7 pillows were on the bed. It was tastefuly decorated. The bathroom was nice I was just surprised there was a shower only not a spa tub. Room had a coffee pot, iron, safe and hairdryer plus shampoo etc.
Casino, Large, noisy and at times very smokey. There were a couple of no smoking areas but the slots I wanted to play were not in them. Waitresses came thru the Casino calling out for drinks, I just had a coke but heard orders from beer to cappicino's. Being Saturday night it was crowded but you could always find something to play on. Some slots you did have to wait for your turn. Slots were tights and did not win at all.
Ate at Betty's Diner. Earlier in the evening there was a line to get into. I waited until later in the evening and asked to be seated at the counter and was immediately seated. I had a cheeseburger and chocolate milkshake. Both were delish. Cheeseburger was 1/4 or more and came with fries and pickle. Total cost for both $13.05 with tax not tip.
Lobby was very pretty with a waterfall, Newstand had of course newspapers and tee shirts and some water and soda to purchase, Did not go into the other shops.
Check out was a breeze and the valet service was included just tip the guys/gals that take and bring your car.
Would I go back, Yes I would.

• Liked — Soft comfy bed with lots of pillows
  • Disliked — Room was great, Casino ventilation could be improved. Casino sometimes too smokey
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
new jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2008

My husband and I have gone there four times, it is only 45 minutes from our house a lot better than three hours to AC.
We stayed in their rooms and they are very clean and they have everything you need.
We ate in Betty's Diner and found the food to be good .
I look at it this way I am doing the same thing I do in AC making my deposit and maybe I will get some back. It is a fun day for us.

• Liked — clean
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Mount Airy Casino Resort? Share your experiences!