“Do not believe the bad reviews” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Hot Dates Hot Rates
Ranked #1 of 7 hotels in Mount Pocono
Trenton, NJ
“Do not believe the bad reviews”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

I have stayed here numerous times and I have always been treated well and had a great stay. I cannot believe the bad reviews. I think the people must be expecting to be treated like royalty or something. I have checked in as early as 1 PM and as late as 6 PM. The front desk has always greeted me pleasantly. I have yet to meet any rude staff members. They must be off when I am there. This is still one of my favorite getaways.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
MtAiryCasino, Guest Relations Manager at Mount Airy Casino Resort, responded to this review, June 17, 2011
Thank you for contacting Mount Airy Casino Resort.

We are happy to hear that your experience was positive. It is rare when our experience is positive that we take the time to share. We thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We will certainly share your comments regarding our staff.

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to have you as our guest. It is our pleasure to serve you.

648 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011 via mobile

I've been to many casinos and on to of that many hotels. This is by far the worst I have ever experienced. When I checked in everything was okay..the staff was okay. When I got to my room it was far less than ordinary. It was small, the bathroom was just about the same size. The view was terrible, just windows from the other side, I could hardly see any grass even. When I went to the casino I played quite a bit, with nothing to show for it because I didn't win a dime. This casino sucks I would NEVER come back and NEVER recommend to anyone. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME.

• Stayed May 2011
Rochester
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

My hubby and I have just checked in. The front desk staff twice acted like they didn't see us, and it took them 30 full seconds before acknowledging us. Check in is not until 4, and they are making us wait every last minute until 4. The valet guy, Rob, has been outstandingly chipper and seems to be the stand out staff member here. The place reeks of smoke. Very beautiful decor, but if you've been to other casinos, you won't be over impressed. This not a 'resort', it's a casino w a small golf course, and a 'spa'. Nothing else. Basically, a casino w rooms to sleep in if you're tired or drunk. The room is very nice, but even the air freshened cannot get rid of the smoke the place has. While waiting for our room, we had only two options for our 'lite' lunch - the $25 each buffet, or the 'diner' with a line waiting outside of it. The diner was ok, a diner. We are not happy we chose to stay here- we hardly gamble and $299 a night usually means more amenities for us, like an outdoor pool w service, or earlier check in, more food options, a bar that is in the front and not amongst beeping slot machines. Not worth the $300+ unless you're, uh, stranded here.

hardyston, nj
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

I made reservations on line back in February 2011 for our trip in May. I booked the 2 room King Suite (Non-smoking) because it was only $100 more than the regular room. When we got to our room much to our surprise it was a regual King room. I immediately went down stairs to the front desk to speak with the manger.She was very rude! I told her that I reserved online the King Suite not the King room and her reply to me was that the room I received is a suite and that there was nothing she could do accept offer my her last King Suite (2) room but it won't be ready for about another hour or so and it is a smoking room and there is an upcharge of $100. I believe that my original reservation was changed due to the fact that the hotel was sold out and they could sell me the same room I reserved at a higher price! Isn't this illegal!! We ended our weekend coming home with a nice chunk of their money in our pockets, never to be put back into their casino! I know this review sounds petty because we ultimately won some cash, but it still does not make it right what they did and how they treat their customers! They should be grateful that in todays economy that their are still some people out their that are willing to give them some hard earned money!

Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
MtAiryCasino, Guest Relations Manager at Mount Airy Casino Resort, responded to this review, June 4, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write to us and share your experience from your recent stay at our hotel. There is no one better to judge our performance than you, our guest.

I apologize for any confusion regarding your reservation and bill. Your reservation was made by you through our website self reservation system. Once the selection was made and you confirmed the reservation and your confirmation was emailed to the address provided confirming the rate for a standard deluxe room. After signing the registration card confirming your booking request you were checked into the deluxe room. Upon your contact to our Front Desk, the manager did offer a suite upgrade at standard upgrade rate. I apologize for any confusion you incurred regarding our self booking system. If preferred our agents are available via phone at 1-877-862-4791 to assist rather then our self book online option. Additionally we do suggest and request at check in that you review all information on the registration card prior to signing. If you are uncertain or have questions regarding the booking process or reservations you make we would be happy to answer any questions or assist.

We apologize for the difficulties and look forward to welcoming you back should you choose to visit us in the future.

Mount Airy Casino Resort.
Newtown, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

Checked in at 6:00 and checked out at 7:30 same night. The hotel is set up for drunk people who can't drive home. View out of our small room was overlooking the air conditioning units of the casino. Room smelled. Staff is rude, and completely unaccomodating. DO NOT STAY HERE WITH CHiLDREN. All restaurants are on casino floor, and you have to be escorted by security to access the restaurants, which is about a 100-150 yard walk. Not only that, they switch security guards every 35 yards with a two minute wait standing waiting for the next security guard so you feel like a convict heading to jail. We attempted the jailhouse walk with our daughter around 6:30, only to find out that we could not be seated until 10:00pm. Unfortunately they told us there is a curfew for children to be in the room by 10pm. So our only option was to eat in our room. We paid $293 to stay in small room with no mini-bar with a view of the casino roof. We decided to check out, without refund thanks to the discourteous staff AND manager. I traveled 80% of the time for my job all over the US for 5 years, and this was the worst, most unaccomodating hotel experience I've ever had.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

We have put a lot of thought and effort to create an environment of comfort and sophistication for our guests therefore we are seriously concerned when we fall short of your expectations. On behalf of the Mount Airy Casino Resorts Management Team please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced.

The state minimum for gambling is 21 years of age. Therefore as a casino resort we cater to 21 years of age and older. Children are welcome to visit the property, however due to Pennsylvania Gaming Control regulations and restrictions, it is required that the individual under 21 years of age be with a parent or guardian and security escort. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Mt. Airy Casino & Resort. We apologize that our fine dining did not have availability to accommodate you prior to 10 pm. On a weekend our fine dining facilities fill up quickly, thus why the staff advised of our other dining options; The Buffet, The Noodle Bar, Betty's Diner, Reggie’s Express and room service. Any other the other facilities were available.

I apologize for any confusion regarding your reservation and bill. The third party service you made the reservation through is aware of our age restrictions and all facilities on property. Due to their contract and terms, refunds and all contact is handled strictly through the third party booking system. The service also requires that you contact and speak with them for all aspects of your reservation. I would strongly suggest booking directly with a property or speaking to the property for general information when using third party booking agents or website. We have spoken with this booking service to ensure detailed property information is provided to future guests.

Mount Airy Casino Resort.
ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2011

We had a standard room, really first rate. The bed was like sleeping on a cloud .The bathroom had a big walk in shower and seperate toilet room. Quality soaps.

The buffet had a Senior Special that evening, everything was very good. The pizzza is exceptional. I usually skip it but I saw it come right out of the brick oven and it tasted as good as it looked. It is as good as I had in Italy. Do not miss the carrot cake, exceptional.
USA paper was available in the hall and we had huge omelette's at Betty's Cafe the next morning.
Everyone from the moment we arrived to leaving was very friendly and made us feel very welcome.
I cannot wait till we return.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
MtAiryCasino, Guest Relations Manager at Mount Airy Casino Resort, responded to this review, June 3, 2011
We are happy to hear that your experience was positive and we thank you for taking the time to share it with us. We will certainly share your positive comments with our staff.

Moun Airy Casino Resort
Allentown, Pennsylvania, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

Although Mount Airy has been open for at least 3 or more years, if I didn't know better, and the front desk told me the hotel just opened and I was the first to stay in the room, I would believe it! The rooms are white glove clean and beautiful. The bathrooms could be showcased in a designer magazine. You couldn't ask for any more in a hotel room, and the Sunday through Thursday rates are quite reasonable.

Of course Mount Airy's focus is on the casino. However, if they would only add a nice spa style indoor pool, this would be a perfect year round resort. I heard rumors about a pool addition, but so far no indication that it is proceeding.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
We are happy to hear that your experience was positive and we thank you for taking the time to share it with us. As a the only four diamond casino resort in Pennsylvania, we strive to ensure our ammenities and property meets your expectations. Pool construction is slated for 2012 and will be located by our fitness center. We will certainly share your positive comments with our staff.

Moun Airy Casino Resort

Been to Mount Airy Casino Resort? Share your experiences!