“Rude, dumb & cheapskates.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Mount Pocono Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mount Pocono
Mount Pocono Motel
You added Mount Pocono Motel to your Saves list
25 Knob Rd, Mount Pocono, PA 18344   |
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Mount Pocono
“Rude, dumb & cheapskates.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

Tried to stay here to ride out hurricane Sandy & lights went. When I went to front desk after about 10 minutes to seek assistance they had shut the office down & left without saying a word to their guests & no note was posted on the office door.Upon noticing that no power had come on ( because they had no backup generator) I had to pack up & leave. I have been phoning since & have not been able to contact anyone. This to me is the lowest of low. I say to you all "DO NOT STAY HERE...." These people lie to you straight to your face are rude & are oblivious to anyone & anything but to themselves.

• Stayed October 2012

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

i needed a place to stay and i herd people were renting out the place weekly. so i went over there to find out the prices. and they are robbing people they are charging people 1300 a month to live in a room with nothing in it. these people are out of their minds. forget this place...

Room Tip: no room is good dont go...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Mount Pocono hotels

Morristown, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I agree with all of the reviews below, and I honestly don't unerstand how this place is even allowed to be in business. It looked like something straight out of a horror movie. The other guests gave me and my wife dirty looks, the pool was empty, rooms were boarded up, we saw dirty black mattresses being carried out, and this is all before we stepped foot inside the room.
Once inside the room there were holes in the furniture and curtains, the bathroom was dirty, the carpets were worn and had spots all over.. I could go on and on. We wound up getting dinner next door, which by the way was excellent, and leaving. I wasn't able to get a full refund because of the fact that we didn't complain right away, and went to eat first. The owner actually asked me if the bed was still made!!! I'm sure you can figure out what she was implying. Just stay away.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Old Forge, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

My boyfriend and i decided to go on a last minute trip to the poconos and just get a hotel when we got there. everything was booked except this place so for only $99 a night we were able to get a room with a king bed and jacuzzi tub for the night. The room was flithy there were no towels and it smelled really bad. it was so dark in the parkiing lot i kept thinking this is the kind of place you get murdered at!.. i would def not stay here again

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Scranton, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Worst experience at a motel/hotel ever. Found a bedbug at 3am, called the front desk-no on answered..then went to front desk, door locked. I left a note taped to office door, saying a bedbug was crawling across the comforter in a crevice at 3am, and we left the room key in the room and were forced to leave and I wanted a refund, and I left my name and number. It's been 3 days and they haven't called me back, and each time I have called they have not answered or told me that I have to speak with a "manager" that is conveniently not there at the time.

Absolutely deplorable. The room itself was dusty, dirty, etc but paled in comparison to finding bedbugs. The place is probably infested with them. It's disgusting and I would never ever recommend this place to anyone..sleep in your car instead. I have already contacted the PA Department of Health on them as well.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Westfield, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

Stay away! The minimum level of cleanliness and service you can expect from a motel is not met by the Mount Pocono Motel. Cheaper rooms doesn't justifly their standards. The air conditioner's intake was located right next to the exhaust from the latin restaurant's kitchen. Used soap, garbage and a beer was left in our room from the previous guests.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
manchester
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2011

Mount Pocono Motel at 25 knob road was the most distgusting and most horrible place i and my wife went to...dirtiest place for a motel ,there was no service,doors did not lock,no lighting at night,no security,looks and feels like youre in a horrie movie...the people are unprofessional,the ac and heat dosent work,no fridge,no remote for the tv,no microwave,the internet dosent work and the steal our money,we need a class action lawsuit on this place,the health department needs to investigate this place,NOTE:::;it looks like a hide out for criminals..seriously....Swiming pool with no water..
bed sheets were not clean,dirt and dust everywhere inside ,bathroom filthy

THEY REFUSE TO REFUND OUR MONEY BECAUSE WE DID NOT STAY THERE..

all their features were FAKE????

Near shopping, restaurants and clubs. Minutes to golfing, hunting, fishing, and skiing. Hotel has seasonal outdoor pool. Restaurant on-site open for lunch and dinner. Good value in a Basic Motel. A limited number of Refrigerators, Microwaves and cots are available upon request for an additional charge. No Pets.

FAKE????//

Featured Amenities
General Information:
- Cable TV- no remote
- Seasonal Outdoor Pool-----no water in pool
- Restaurant on-site----nasty food
25 Knob Road. Mt. Pocono, PA
Near shopping, restaurants and clubs. Minutes to golfing, hunting, fishing, and skiing. Seasonal outdoor pool. Restaurant on-site open for lunch & dinner. Good value in a Basic Motel. A limited number of Refrigerators, Microwaves and cots are available upon request for an additional charge. No Pets. **Property is undergoing some re-facing at this time.** 3 Min. to New Casino

Room Tip: DO NOT GO THERE until the health department/fbi
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Mount Pocono Motel? Share your experiences!