“sucks” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Mount Pocono Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mount Pocono
Mount Pocono Motel
25 Knob Rd, Mount Pocono, PA 18344   |
Ranked #7 of 7 hotels in Mount Pocono
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
“sucks”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

i needed a place to stay and i herd people were renting out the place weekly. so i went over there to find out the prices. and they are robbing people they are charging people 1300 a month to live in a room with nothing in it. these people are out of their minds. forget this place...

Room Tip: no room is good dont go...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

16 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Morristown, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I agree with all of the reviews below, and I honestly don't unerstand how this place is even allowed to be in business. It looked like something straight out of a horror movie. The other guests gave me and my wife dirty looks, the pool was empty, rooms were boarded up, we saw dirty black mattresses being carried out, and this is all before we stepped foot inside the room.
Once inside the room there were holes in the furniture and curtains, the bathroom was dirty, the carpets were worn and had spots all over.. I could go on and on. We wound up getting dinner next door, which by the way was excellent, and leaving. I wasn't able to get a full refund because of the fact that we didn't complain right away, and went to eat first. The owner actually asked me if the bed was still made!!! I'm sure you can figure out what she was implying. Just stay away.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Old Forge, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

My boyfriend and i decided to go on a last minute trip to the poconos and just get a hotel when we got there. everything was booked except this place so for only $99 a night we were able to get a room with a king bed and jacuzzi tub for the night. The room was flithy there were no towels and it smelled really bad. it was so dark in the parkiing lot i kept thinking this is the kind of place you get murdered at!.. i would def not stay here again

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Scranton, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Worst experience at a motel/hotel ever. Found a bedbug at 3am, called the front desk-no on answered..then went to front desk, door locked. I left a note taped to office door, saying a bedbug was crawling across the comforter in a crevice at 3am, and we left the room key in the room and were forced to leave and I wanted a refund, and I left my name and number. It's been 3 days and they haven't called me back, and each time I have called they have not answered or told me that I have to speak with a "manager" that is conveniently not there at the time.

Absolutely deplorable. The room itself was dusty, dirty, etc but paled in comparison to finding bedbugs. The place is probably infested with them. It's disgusting and I would never ever recommend this place to anyone..sleep in your car instead. I have already contacted the PA Department of Health on them as well.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Westfield, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

Stay away! The minimum level of cleanliness and service you can expect from a motel is not met by the Mount Pocono Motel. Cheaper rooms doesn't justifly their standards. The air conditioner's intake was located right next to the exhaust from the latin restaurant's kitchen. Used soap, garbage and a beer was left in our room from the previous guests.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
manchester
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2011

Mount Pocono Motel at 25 knob road was the most distgusting and most horrible place i and my wife went to...dirtiest place for a motel ,there was no service,doors did not lock,no lighting at night,no security,looks and feels like youre in a horrie movie...the people are unprofessional,the ac and heat dosent work,no fridge,no remote for the tv,no microwave,the internet dosent work and the steal our money,we need a class action lawsuit on this place,the health department needs to investigate this place,NOTE:::;it looks like a hide out for criminals..seriously....Swiming pool with no water..
bed sheets were not clean,dirt and dust everywhere inside ,bathroom filthy

THEY REFUSE TO REFUND OUR MONEY BECAUSE WE DID NOT STAY THERE..

all their features were FAKE????

Near shopping, restaurants and clubs. Minutes to golfing, hunting, fishing, and skiing. Hotel has seasonal outdoor pool. Restaurant on-site open for lunch and dinner. Good value in a Basic Motel. A limited number of Refrigerators, Microwaves and cots are available upon request for an additional charge. No Pets.

FAKE????//

Featured Amenities
General Information:
- Cable TV- no remote
- Seasonal Outdoor Pool-----no water in pool
- Restaurant on-site----nasty food
25 Knob Road. Mt. Pocono, PA
Near shopping, restaurants and clubs. Minutes to golfing, hunting, fishing, and skiing. Seasonal outdoor pool. Restaurant on-site open for lunch & dinner. Good value in a Basic Motel. A limited number of Refrigerators, Microwaves and cots are available upon request for an additional charge. No Pets. **Property is undergoing some re-facing at this time.** 3 Min. to New Casino

Room Tip: DO NOT GO THERE until the health department/fbi
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2009

I'm not one to complain, so I'll try not to. This was the least expensive place to stay the night that I could find. I knew coming into this that I was not staying at a resort and I read the reviews here so I knew what to expect. The reviews that are listed here seem like they could be individual ocurrences. But as I sit here in my room, I wonder if they all stayed in the same room!

Immediately after arriving, I saw the smoke detector sittting on the windowsill in pieces. I can see the hole in the ceiling that it came out of. The room looks nice enough but there is indeed goo on the carpets, and a close inspection on the bed reveals that the liner sheet (the one that is supposed to have elastic around it) isn't on the bed--in it's place is a regular sheet. Ok, perhaps this isn't anything to get hung up on. I had a laugh when I saw it.

I am here to go to pocono raceway for a track day. I usually stay in the cheapest places I can find. This was it. If you are looking for a cheap place to watch tv for 5 minutes, fall asleep, and the leave after a few hours of rest, this place will do.

Oh yeah, the air conditioner didn't work when I showed up and it was a humid, hot, rainy night. I unplugged it and moved the plug to another outlet. It is humming faithfully now on the other side of the room. And I am nice and cool.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo

Been to Mount Pocono Motel? Share your experiences!