“Our best time ever at Paradise Stream...” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Winter Wonderland Savings
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Mount Pocono
Jewett City, Connecticut, United States
“Our best time ever at Paradise Stream...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

Okay, I have reviewed this place at least two other times, and the first time wasn't very flattering. The second time I reviewed it, it was as if they had actually read the review and did something about it...We just got back from a weekend trip (April 5-7), and we loved it so much we are going back again this weekend. My spouse and I are "Forever Lovers" meaning that we have been to one or more of the Cove Haven Resorts (Which include Cove Haven, Pocono Palace, and Paradise Stream) many times...In our case we have been to all 3 a total of I think 19 times...This weekend will be 20.
Here is my advice. DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING THAT YOU READ HERE AS GOSPEL! Like I said, we have been many times in under 3 years...some stays, and some rooms, and some resorts may be more to your liking than others, but all of them are great.

I won't go into all the details that have already been discussed. It goes without saying that the rooms with private pools are the BEST rooms. Well, duh! Of course they are! Do you have a private pool in your bedroom? If you do then you might not be amazed by these sexy suites. If you don't have in your master bedroom at home a private heartshaped (or champagne glass) Jacuzzi, a sauna, a private pool, a fireplace, a steam shower, and a bathroom the size of your den, not to mention a pretty comfy (albeit round and curiously shaped) bed complete with twinkling starlights overhead, you might want to check this place out.

This past weekend was my partner's birthday and I "gifted" her with a weekend at Paradise Stream...(Yeah, more like a gift for me!). We got to Paradise Stream about 30 minutes before check-in and I will admit, our hearts sunk when we went to the lobby and saw 3 couples ahead of us, plus a HUGE wedding party...We expected at LEAST a 30 minute check-in...Instead, the other guests were checked in swiftly, the wedding party was happy, and we got our room key within less than 15 minutes. It would have been faster if I hadn't been chatting so much with the lovely person at the front desk who confirmed our reservation. We had booked the Diana's Oasis suite which is the smallest room with a pool (least expensive)...I sheepishly asked if upgrades were available, and the lady that checked us in said..."Oh, we have you all set!" We immediately were given a two level upgrade to the best accommodation, as one was available, so it was off to room 405 in the Champagne Towers. She wished my partner a happy 53rd (and I honestly don't remember mentioning that to her!) and she told us in advance that we would LOVE the upgrades to our room...

Keys in hand, we went to the local adult beverage store and got some libations, and within 45 minutes we were in our room...The first thing we saw was a huge gift bag for my spouse with a note that said "Happy 53rd from the Stream Team!" In the bag was a bottle of their house bubbly chilling in an ice bucket, a bottle of aromatherapy bubble bath, a fire log, and a photo album...

We got there on Saturday, which is "Strip Night" a salute to all things steak...but after about an hour of unwinding we decided to stay in and enjoy the room and all it had to offer. Free WIFI kept us in touch with our house sitter and our kids. The room was freshly carpeted...A nice berber with plenty of padding so it was springy under my bare feet. Everything was clean, shiny, and immaculate. We had a smoking room (our choice) but we aren't used to smoking inside and there was no funky smell. There is a hint of bromine or chlorine, but please! People! I WANT to smell this when I am in an enclosed room (almost 1300 sq feet) with a pool!!! This means that the pool is...CLEAN!

Long story short, we didn't leave the room until close to 20 hours later. We called room service for dinner (a whopping 22 dollar charge for two huge high-quality burgers with swiss on artisan bread with all the fixings, homemade kettle chips...an extra order of kettle chips because they are THAT GOOD! and some mozzarella sticks with marinara...) The first night we took advantage of the pool, champagne glass Jacuzzi, and steam shower, as well as some in-room movies still in theaters...(okay and also a very comprehensive adult movie package!)

Keeping in mind that we could have had free dinner on Saturday and free breakfast and dinner on Sunday (all you can eat!) we managed to miss breakfast the next morning. No worries. Our favorite German restaurant is about 30 minutes away and we had a German FEAST on Sunday...The next evening we could have enjoyed a sit-down table service menu at the restaurant but were happy with our German faire and spent the last night...in the room...(Did I mention that there is a pool, a Jacuzzi and plenty of other stuff to keep you occupied?) The last night we were low on adult beverages so we ordered a bottle of Barefoot Bubbly (extra dry), okay, and yes, you can get this for about 15 bucks at the packy, and we paid 32...a small price to pay for our champagne to be delivered within 10 minutes in an ice bucket along with two sturdy (plastic) champagne flutes.

Activities...Sure, they are available. There was a comedian and some live music the first night, and on Sunday there was a house DJ for dancing. There were also various games held in the lounge, a treasure hunt, and certainly other stuff, and I am sure that in the next 10 years we might start to like that sort of thing (and many guests do!) but for now, we are 47 and 53 and the room has all the entertainment we need.

Cleanliness...I am a nurse, and I am married to a police officer...and yes, some cops do have that black light you see on SVU...Our room was pristine! Sure, the wallpaper isn't brand new, but the carpet was. Somebody posted a photo to this site of a scandalous hair on a bedspread and some mineral staining around the steam jet of the shower. Okay, at any time wherever you go, you might find a stray hair...So what??? At 47 I think I lose about 476 hairs a minute! As for the photo of the mineral staining around the steam jet in the shower in a recent photo? It is just that...I have that in my own house and I have a housekeeper 5 days a week. The room was so clean when we walked in that I kicked off my shoes and enjoyed the nice new carpet with the pretty expensive feeling padding under foot.

The staff...Okay, I have to say we only encountered the room service people and the nice lady at check-in and check-out. They were all terrific! Here's a little secret about getting great customer service though...Drop the attitude at the door. These people are doing a job and they do it very well, but what you put in to the experience will always yield what you will get out of it.

Add-On expenses...During our stay we charged a huge room service meal, a 24 hour movie package of "grown-up" movies, a bottle of champagne in an ice bucket with glasses, and 3 movies...12 Years a Slave, American Hustle, and Anchorman 2...total cost for these add-ons, less that 150 bucks.

I am annoyed at the people who comment on this site about the fact that if you like this place you clearly haven't been anywhere else. Rest assured, we are well-travelled. Our suitcases are rarely ever completely unpacked. Though we travel to the CH resorts many times during the year, we also vacation on Cape Cod, and in Orlando at least twice a year...and this place has us hooked.

In closing, we checked out on Monday, and we are checking back in on Saturday. I think that speaks for itself.

Room Tip: Get a room with a pool. Don't expect an upgrade, even if you are a Forever Lover...but do know...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thank you so much, Lisa C!! We love have you stay with us! See you Saturday. <3

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Montvale, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

My brand new husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon in mid-March, 2014. I'm sure we're not the first people to visit "the land of love" for their honeymoon and I'm sure we certainly won't be the last. So, here's the deal. My husband and I are typical North Jersey/New York working people moving a million miles a minute and exhausted all the time. Our wedding was also in PA and planning it from afar was definitely a lot of work and very stressful. This being said, Paradise Stream TRULY helped us RELAX. I feel like neither of us knew, or we'd forgotten what relaxation was until we arrived at the resort. Check in was super quick and easy, all around staff is very friendly. My husband and I stayed in the Diana's Oasis suite. I was pretty obsessed with it before we got there. Can't say I was disappointed at all...BUT if you're looking for space you might be better off in one of the other suites. I am not positive though because there was no tour of the suites while we were there; I'm just going off of what it looked like on the website. So, the room is a little "cramped" though because there is so much big and awesome stuff in it. That's the thing. Yes, the bathroom is nice and updated, I wasn't all obsessed with the dual showerhead though like some other reviewers are, lol. The bed is enormous and takes up a lot of space and the jacuzzi area...which is IN the room, across from your bed...also takes up a lot of space. So there's not a lot of floor space. I don't know why this bothers(ered) me but it does. Did not bother the hubby in the least though. The pool room is at the rear of your room and it is pretty darn cool. I love the purple tile and pro-tip: it's TOTALLY worth getting logs for the fire, it makes the room. Only major "complaint" was that the mirrors and glass/windows in the pool room were all dirty. Not filthy but like they could've used a good round of windex. I have no idea what the protocol is for cleaning this space obviously.I did note this "complaint" on my formal survey that the hotel sent me. All in all though, the room is very cozy and romantic. Nice and dark, good for sleeping!

As for the rest of the resort; we tried to make the most of everything included. Admittedly we could've been a little more involved with the on-site daytime activities. So, those that we did were fun, the "CXO's" (activity coordinators) all do an excellent job with the day and nighttime activities. We did make pretty good use of the game room in the "Carnivale" building. The "Spooner's Cafe" was....MEH. I think they're doing renovations in the building or something? I mean, it wasn't bad, it just felt lacking in some way. Then again it could just be because we were there during the week in March and there was barely anyone there! In the Carnivale building is also the large indoor shared pool and two large hot tubs. They looked AWESOME. We never used them though. I think if the weather had been a bit better while we were there we would've made an effort. We made good use of the pool in our room instead! So, there really are things to do all day, every day here if you want to. Cocktail hour was always really fun as there was always some sort of game to play at 5PM. With regards to nighttime activities, we didn't stick around all nights after dinner, we didn't see any of the live acts but we did stick around on the nights where there was socializing, a wine tasting, trivia games, etc. We made new friends and had a blast. I also recommend...talking to people! Do it! Make friends!

Lastly...you gotta check out the gift shop, it's GREAT. Yes, they have all sorts of awesome adult things but they also have all sorts of other things for fun, to help you remember your trip, and you can even stock up on logs here. Breakfast and dinner are included and at Paradise Stream, you are shown to a table by a hostess in a "restaurant" essentially. It's actually quite lovely and the "restaurant" itself is a nice space; very clean, nicely decorated, with a large fireplace along one wall for added ambiance. Breakfast was always great. LOTS of food! The choices were good too. Dinner was kind of MEH. Some nights were better than others and some nights the food was hot, some nights it was not (again, I did note this on my formal survey). They give you a menu when you are seated and there are 4 choices of entrees each night. Basically, everyone will find SOMETHING they like. Will it be fantastic? No, I wouldn't go that far. I would compare it to Applebees, which, can be totally fine sometimes. Also, dessert = yum! I seriously never eat dessert but I had a DIY ice cream sundae pretty much every night here. Hey, vacation! All in all, we can't wait to go back, we had a really fantastic trip.

Room Tip: If you book Diana's Oasis, invest in some logs! It MAKES the pool room!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Congratulations, newlyweds!!! Thank you for sharing this awesome occasion with us! And thank you for the review.
Hamden, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed in the campaign towers for 3days. I would like to first thank the lady I spoke with on the phone that give us directions she was very helpful. My gps for some reason could not locate the address so she looked up directions for us. With that being said we arrived at the resort late. I asked the front desk staff if we still needed to pay the 20 resort fee, because clearlywe wweren't using anything. She said "if u want to stay here tonight u will need to." She must of seen the look on my face, bc she quickly offered us a late check out of 1 and a free lunch to be used the next day. The next day there was really nothing to do. I asked a different lady at the desk"what we can do" and she gave us a hot spot... ummm the games not interesting at all. Need less to say it was 4 o clock and we missed all most everything. She then gave me the list of activities at the other resorts. I specifically asked her if rollerblading was open and available. She told me yes! I then asked for a shuttle and she handed me directions. I think that driving 40 mins to another location is outrageous. Then I get there.....rollerblading is CLOSED!! THIS made me extremely mad. I wasted my gas and drove 40 mins in the woods through the pot holes and for what!! It to be closed and I wasn't sent here form the lady at the front desk!!! Next the lady that woelse were they serve lunch could be more friendly.. my boyfriend said hi how are you doing and he got a "huhhh what would u like" overall I'm not gonna say I wouldn't recommended this place BUT!!! for 1000 dollars I'm not happy. I feel that the resort should only be open in the winter / summer. It seems like there are alot more activities to so in those seasons. OR the rate should be alot lower during the "in between season" (is what wanna of the front desk staff called it) lastly the room was lovely and clean oh wait...the a.c on the top level did not work. We were sweating every night. But other then that the room was great and house cleaning was great with the towels and offering to clean.

• Stayed April 2014
I apologize for the miscommunication and understand your frustration, travelgurl33. We would like the opportunity to make this up to you and talk to you about the rest of your stay. Please consider emailing me at PoconoRomance@covepoconoresorts.com.
York, Maine
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Before I start, please be aware that my boyfriend travels for jobs and has stayed in many hotels, motels, you name it. I also try to be understanding as a family member is in the hotel business. After showing her pictures, I decided to write this review.

We arrived at the "resort" at 3 pm. The room was ready. Absolutely disgusting. I will upload pictures of the dust accumulations, hair in the bed, dirty cup holder ring, and a hot tub filled with dirt. The only part of the room that was okay was the pool and sauna area. The entire time we were in the room we felt a though we were breathing stagnant air.

When we got to dinner I was fairly surprised with the service and the look. The food was not awful, but please don't order a medium well or well steak. You'll be chewing through rubber.

The entertainment at the lounge was the most enjoyable part of this whole fiasco. The comedian was funny and the band was amazing. Unfortunately this is not a place for younger people. My boyfriend and I are mid 20's and we got carded even when we had drinks in our hand and did not get treated with any respect at the lounge. It seemed as though there is no communication. It was to the point of embarrassment.

My boyfriend and I ended up leaving this resort and driving three hours at 3:30 AM because neither of us could sleep or breathe in the room. If we stayed more than a night, we would have asked for a new room, but there was no point.

I have no idea how this resort is rated number two, and I'm hoping if you already booked, you get a different room. The money spent was ridiculous

• Stayed April 2014
We are very sorry you feel this way, Tbarn16. I will be sharing your review with our Housekeeping and Kitchen Teams. This is not standard practice and I'm disappointed that this was your experience. We would like to check out the suite you mentioned. Please consider emailing us at PoconoRomance@covepoconoresorts.com.

Travelers are raving about these Mount Pocono hotels

Audubon, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

We recently stayed here in the Dianna suite on March 18 & 19thn. We really had a fun time. The in room pool was the best. Private, romantic, and a fireplace to boot. Room was clean and updated. Enjoyed the inclusive breakfast, dinner and snacks. We didn't attend the night life but enjoyed cocktail hour. Staff friendly especially Theresa our waitress. Would stay again. Grounds needed some repairs but since it is winter and all looks a little gloomy. We booked this trip with Groupon and had a great deal.

Room Tip: Ask for the Diana suite.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Thanks, Arlene V. We hope to welcome you back to the Land of Love.
West Orange, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

We have being going to this resort for long years. We loved the way we were treated by all the employees, the food was excellent. We usually, goes twice a year for a stay of 4 days for the beautiful Package the have for the Nascar Races at Poconos. I just renewed the package back in January for the same package and come to find out when I called two days ago the package is no longer available. What a SHAME. They should it tell me from when I made the reservation back in January. The reservation girl that cancelle our reservation tried the impossible with avoiding our cancellation, but no way, if you can have the package for the race we won't stay and pay high dollars and then have to drive to the Raceway. HOPE THE NEW MANAGEMENT KNOW ABOUT THE HISTORY OF POCONO PARADISE STREAM AND DON'T KILL THIS RESORT. PLACE HAVE GONE DOWN A LOT. NO BREAKFAST IN BED DURING THE WEEK, FACILITIES AND ETC.

Room Tip: I loved the place in previous years we have being going there for over 10 years, but now. NO way....
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
We are very sorry you feel this way, Nascargrandma48. We made this decision based on feedback from guests like you that were coming to see the races - most people didn't want to have to commit to our schedule. They like staying at Paradise Stream, but wanted to experience the races at their own pace. We would love the opportunity to host you again this year and help with the arrangements to see the races. Please consider reaching out to us.
Bear, Delaware
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

I stayed at Paradise Stream Resort on March 29th - March 31st. I though with a place that is not cheap at least the food should be good, I was so wrong the food was horrible. I can't understand why Paradise Stream can not invest in a good chef. Just in one night, in the span of 20 mins four people returned there food with the same pasta dish that was not cooked properly ( March 30th). Also the room wasn't bad, but as soon as we entered all we could smell was smoke. I called the front desk and asked did they have airfresher, she stated yes I could send house keeping to your room or I can move you. I didn't want to move because, after driving for a long time all we wanted to do is relax. House keeping came to the room and brought a big humidifier. I said miss, all I asked for was airfresher, because clearly this room could never be a non smoking room because all you smell is smoke. Also, the heart shaped whirlpool bath had mildew all around it; we even notice cobweb on the walls in the room. Housekeeping needs to improve. I also experienced the big pot hole at the front entrance which was not cute.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback, Brownezesz. I will be speaking to our Chefs about your meal and our Maintenance Team about the pothole you mentioned. I will also be talking to our Housekeeping Team about your suite. I would like to know which suite you had so we can check it out - please consider emailing the details of your stay to PoconoRomance@covepoconoresorts.com.

Been to Paradise Stream Resort? Share your experiences!