“Go for the room, NOT the food or entertainment” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Paradise Stream Resort

You added Paradise Stream Resort to your Saves list
Paradise Stream Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   6213 Carlton Road, off Route 940, Mount Pocono, PA 18344 (Formerly Caesars)   |
Offers & Announcements
HUGE SPRING SAVINGS!
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Mount Pocono
PA
“Go for the room, NOT the food or entertainment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

My husband booked two nights in the Garden of Eden suite (one step down from the highest with the champagne glass) for my 30th birthday getaway. I had always wanted to do the "cheesy Poconos romantic getaway" but was scared of the mixed reviews (esp. some mentions of it being dirty). After the insane amount of taxes and gratuity, AND then the resort fee they tack on, the room ended up being $350 a night. The ONLY thing that makes that worth the money was the fun time spent in the too enjoying the heart shaped jacuzzi tub, the personal swimming pool, and the sauna. Do NOT expect good food.
Check in: smooth. Were asked at check in if we'd prefer smoking or non (which he already selected upon reserving), so my husband knew they wouldn't have my balloon bouquet and champagne that he paid for there in the room waiting. :(
Pull up to building: looks like a strange, circular UFO or something. Left our bags in car and went to check out room, just in case. Despite the torn up doormat, once we opened the door, I was happy! Very clean. LOTS of space. (I brought slippers to walk around - carpet and other reviews skeeved me out and I didn't want to see black on my socks.). Within 10 minutes they were there with my birthday items.
Grounds: there was no one in the game room, and a bartender with no customers in the paradise lounge (?), but we quickly left there and went to the cocktail hour in the lounge in the main dining building. I guess it could be more fun in the summer (archery, basketball, etc.) but muddy grounds due to a random winter warm front turned out snowy weekend (hopes of tubing nearby) into a rain filled blah three days. Gift shop - tons to buy with resort name, if interested!
Food: THIS is my huge gripe (but again, I think you're paying for the room and not the food). Dinner on Sunday - for the first time in his life, my husband didn't finish his steak. It must have literally been bathed in salt. Carrots were cold. Mini potatoes were hard. Breakfast - eh. My decaf coffee was cold. Eggs on buffet looked gross. Stuck with French toast and bacon (buffet bacon - not much to be expected). Dinner on Monday was better, but still WAY too salty. My supposed veal cubes in marsala sauce must have been pot roast with flank steak or something. Cheesy scalloped potatoes and carrots were okay. Husband's pork chop was about 2 oz of meat with 8 oz stuffing. Way salty. It is cool that they bring you soft serve ice cream and you can go to the sundae bar for toppings.
Entertainment: Husband and I participated in "How dumb is your man" trivia during cocktail hour. Cute. My vodka and diet was $6.50. Think all other alcohol we had was in our room. They were charging like $6 or maybe $8 for a glass of Barefoot wine. Yeah, I'll have water with dinner (soft drinks are included, too). Band was eh (some danced) and comedian was horrible. We went to the casino the next night and skipped out on the mentalist magician figuring it would be just as bad as the comedian.
Other notes:
Staff was nice.
Bed was okay (hard to live up to our Tempurpedic at home).
Shower was good (but horrible lighting over sinks - could barely see.
Pool was nice and warm, and room heater worked just fine (some have mentioned not being able to adjust, but we could without a problem).
Easy walk to main building from our room 322, but sometimes we drove due to rain. Buildings aren't connected.
Bring good bubble bath. The stuff they gave with the package my husband got (with the fire log) was not bubbly. I think it wasn't even called bubble bath. It said "foam" or something.
TVs are old, but there are two (one you can watch from jacuzzi and one for bed) and you're not there to watch TV anyway. ;)
Mount Airy Casino is like 3 or 4 minutes away. Stinks like smoke, but fun for a little bit to gamble there and leave resort. We heard their "shuttle" was an personal escort, but they stop running at like 11. Convenient, but we just wanted to drive ourselves. I saw the vans running back and forth, so it makes me wonder if they'd pick you up outside your room and take you to main building if you wanted.
Heard snowmobiling was $60 for a half hour for two people. Not sure if that's right, but they have it (concierge said they make snow, too).
We will most likely NOT be returning due to the price, but I'm glad we finally did it! I think this crazy gratuity that is taxed on is unfair. When you go to a hotel, you pay tax and gratuity to those who serve you (tips to waitstaff, bell boys, whatever). How are you going to charge us gratuity (18% I think) on the room rate!?! And THEN a resort fee, too!?!
IDEA: Keep the resort fee and let that go to paying for the "entertainment," CXOs who run social activities, and equipment for activities. Lower the room prices and make your restaurants extra $ that guests pay for (there's not much around anyway) and get in good food and good cooks. I would feel MUCH happier paying a lower room rate and spending $100 on a fancy dinner that I actually enjoyed and then tip that waitstaff, as if I were in any other restaurant. I bet your staff would be happier, too.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Happy 30th jldish22! Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We appreciate your feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
Havre de Grace, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

We have been coming to Paradise Stream for close to 30 years. And the reason was the great service, the food and the great entertainment. But this latest trip for the Christmas extravaganza was the worst experience we have ever had. You could not control the heat in the rooms, either you roasted or you froze. The food tasted the you were eating at a hospital. I don't know what has happened to this place, it used to be so nice to come to and now it just is not worth the money.

Our recent visit to Paradise Stream for the forever lover’s holiday extravaganza. I must say that this visit was awful. It was impressive to see the photos of Cove Haven resorts. I was not impressed with the raw salmon, tomatoes and mozzarella on a stick, and petit fours that was on the holiday table for the party among other tasteless food. Oh this is not to even mention the music that was played during the 1 hour party. Your replacement “head” CXO for Merle named Rachel asked if we wanted to listen to Christmas music or other music. Seeing that her small group of friends did not want to listen to the Christmas music and I will quote your “head CXO”, “Christmas isn’t even here yet and I am already sick of it” I was forced to listen to rap with a lot of cussing in the songs. It was called a holiday extravaganza was it not? Which I might add cost a small fortune to attend. Rachel your “head CXO” as she introduces herself might need a little humility to add to her ego which we experienced numerous times during our stay. Once she approached my wife and asked how are we doing? My wife said ok, and her reply to that was “just ok?” and put out her bottom lip as a baby does when pouting, turned around and walked away before my wife could even utter a word.

My Wife and I are very disappointed with our stay at Paradise Stream. If you look at our past reservations you will see that we have been to the resorts many times. It was always a wonderful place to visit as the staff catered to the guest it seemed. Is this no longer true? We were not the only ones complaining many of the other forever lovers and friends of ours were complaining as well. You can’t expect to be a all inclusive resort and serve food like that. And have employees with egos like Rachel.

Angry and disappointed,

Melanie & Chris Cianelli

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Melanie and Chris, we are very, very sorry to hear this was your experience. We've loved having you hear for almost 30 years. We also received your email. If you haven't already, you will be hearing from our Manager. We look forward to speaking with you about you stay and welcoming you back to Paradise Stream for 30 more years.

Travelers are raving about these Mount Pocono hotels

Manassas, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

I have been going to Paradise Stream for the past 30 years. Originally for our honeymoon and about every 5 years until now, NEVER again! This place has gone so down hill... upon arrival the duvet on the bed, which was supposed to be white was kinda beige in spots, the toilet seat was not secure, there were ants crawling around all over the dressers, and the last straw was after we got out of the tub, there was slime all over that came out of the jets. We checked out and left!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
We are very disappointed to read this review Candy S. We would appreciate the opportunity to speak to you about your stay. We'd love to have you back in the Land of Love and show you that place that you have enjoyed for the past 30 years. Please consider emailing us at PoconoRomance@covepoconoresorts.com.
Hagerstown, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

We previously stayed at cove haven several years ago and decided to try the paradise stream this time. We did stay in the Champagne tower. The best part was the heated pool. We did use the hot tub as well. But the pool was just perfect temperature. The bed was comfortable and clean. Overall Friendly staff, & the food was decent. The Friday night buffet was OK, but breakfast & the Saturday night steak night were great , as they were the last time we went.
Our friday night entertainment was well, not great, the band that played was good, however the comedian that followed was terrible, I think I would have been funnier then him, and im quite sure im not the only one that felt that way, the audience seemed quite silent during the show. If he wouldnt have pointed us out at the beginning of the show I would have got up and left 10 min into the show.
Saturday Night was different however, The band was awesome and the comedian much better.
Overall it was a nice stay. They rooms have good ammenities but they do need updated. Our couch seemed to be broken and was old and dingy, but not to many complaints about the rest of the room.But for the price that charge i would feel alot better about it if they did some updating. I did prefer cove haven over paradise steam... at least for a winter stay, only because cove haven has move indoor activities. There wasnt alot to do when it was 20degrees and snowing outside. Then again alot of people go there to just stay in their rooms anyways.

Room Tip: The champagne tower is great to do once,but for the price I would probably get a cheaper one, maybe...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Happy anniversary Amy A! Thank you for the review. If you ever have questions about your suite or feel that something needs to be repaired, don't hesitate to call the Front Desk.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

Spent honeymoon here in November 2013. Gorgeous rooms, great food and excellent staff but dirty worn carpet and sofa. I alternated between loving the room with the private pool, champagne tower, fireplace sauna etc and being disgusted by the carpet. I am not really a neat freak but this really took away from my total enjoyment. Would love to go back after they have done some cosmetic renovation and get rid of that disgusting carpet.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your very special occasion with us, Gloria A! We appreciate your feedback. I have shared it with our Manager and Maintenance Team.
Montgomery, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

I always heard about this romantic getaway in the pocanos that had giant champagne jacuzzi glasses and knew that I must try it one day. I finally did book a last minute romantic getaway for our 11th anniversary and we very much enjoyed it. The rooms were very accommodating and we were very impressed with the heated pool and sauna. The champagne glasses are a must with with the passion package which include a fire log, chilled champagne and bubbles for your 7 ft. steamy polycarbonate glass for two, complete with mirrors, star light ceiling and red mood lamps. The only thing missing were the disco lights.
We booked our stay midweek but were surprised to have such great entertainment as would be expected on a weekend. The live band and beer tasting was top notch and I say this as a well rounded traveler that has lived in several countries over the years and have stayed at 5 star to no star hotels. This was the 2nd beer tasting we have ever been to and I liked it very much as our host was very knowledgeable and I have since reconsidered my favorite beer.
We do plan a return visit again in the future,
Darren and Hang

Room Tip: We found this on cyber Monday and got a 50% discount on the cleopatras' champagne tower room.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Happy 11th anniversary Darren and Hang! Thank you for sharing it with us and thank you for your wonderful review.
Eagleville, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

We have been to all 3 resorts over the last 10 years, It used to be a great place to come. They should put some of the money they charge back in the rooms. The happy hour was so bad the server kept appologizing to us, it was buttered pretzel balls and some dried out crunchy peperoni pieces, just spit it out, it was disgraceful. It is true, the decor is old stained dirty, afraid I was going to come home with some type of disease or bed bugs. The pool area in our room used to be heated now it is the same temp as the room, most of our cd's did not work in the cd player. At the show at night there were 12 of us in the entire place. Being a forever club member is a joke, I was told they do not offer any special for that, if fact one rep told me I actually pay more. If you call 3 times you will get 3 different prices from different people. They need to shut down and gut the place and reopen when it is decent.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
We are very sorry to hear you feel this sway Greg N. We love our Forever Lovers and do everything we can to ensure a fun, romantic and relaxing stay. I have shared your concerns with our resort manager and chef. We do have some exciting new amenities planned for 2014. We hope you return to see them.

Been to Paradise Stream Resort? Share your experiences!