“We had the time of our lives!” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Room Only - Limited Time
Ranked #2 of 7 hotels in Mount Pocono
Enfield, Connecticut
“We had the time of our lives!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

My husband and I recently celebrated our 4th anniversary at Paradise Stream and we had a blast!
We stayed in a champagne tower room, and were delighted by how clean the room was when we checked in. There were some mixed reviews on that subject here on Trip Advisor, so that was my main concern. We were very happy with our room. We found all the staff to be helpful and friendly. Thanks to Audrey and Donna at the front desk for being so helpful during our stay! We stayed during the week at an off season time so the crowd was thin for the three days we were there, but they still provided entertainment before and after dinner each night. We loved having the schedule of events for the day, though we didn't ever leave the room before the cocktail hour. The evening entertainment was fun, whether it was actually good (on Wednesday night) or pretty bad (on Thursday night) we enjoyed both ends of the spectrum, just being there together and experiencing it was what it was about. The activities were also fun, so I recommend trying them! We enjoyed a wine tasting in the lounge and we had a lot of laughs playing the Newlywed Game with Aaron. The food was average, not 5 star dining, so don't expect that, but I enjoyed everything I ordered. Hiring a new chef to really make the food shine is one of the only ways I can suggest that Paradise Stream could be better. Paradise Stream provides the perfect environment for you to be together as a couple, you can be alone together, socialize with others, have food, drinks and laughs. That's what it's all about and Paradise Stream does what it's supposed to do!

PS- Get your pictures taken by the photographers! So fun.

Room Tip: Champagne Towers are the best!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
The headline says it all! Thank you for spending your anniversary with us!

693 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Spotswood, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

This made our 4th visit here, first two times were great, even dinner was great, however the last time we stayed the steak at the dinner was not too good, I figured i'd have chicken this time as I enjoyed it the first two stays. First issue, ordered the French onion soup, it had no onions in it, I advised the waiter he gave me an odd look and said he would grab another bowl, brought me a new bowl, they chopped up some raw onion and put it in the soup. Chicken was dry, and bread was stale. The resort itself is good, however I don't know who's idea it was to start playing Christmas music after the comedian this night, the bar started emptying out so fast. Would have been more enjoyable for people to continue dancing.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Officially Forever Lovers! Welcome to the family. Thank you for your feedback on dinner and the entertainment. I will be sharing your review with our Chef and our entertainment consultant.
Wind Gap, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

We arrived on Friday morning way before our time to check in. We were greeted by the front desk from ladies with smiles and welcomes. We were even more happy and surprised that we were able to get into our room 4 hours early!! We were in the Champagne Tower Room. The room was clean and to our liking. My two suggestion would be is updating a bit.. but then again we were there for other reasons.. If you know what I am saying!! And lastly the steam shower is great but not really big enough for two people to go into at once and if not careful the steam can burn your legs !!
The service was exceptional in the dining (everywhere actually). The server I had was Melanie, I actually had her Friday night and Saturday morning. Not once did I ever have to ask for a refill, and she was very pleasant making sure our food was to our liking. And even sparked up a conversation with us. When I come back I hope she is there because I will be recommending her every time!! The food was So-So. It could be a little better, it was like 50/50. I say this because my wife ordered Ribeye Steak and it was good, but I ordered chicken and it was really dry. The buffet Friday night gave me more options to choose from which I liked. The Breakfast was actually good, the eggs were good. Did I mention how you can order breakfast to your room and if you want more you can also go to the buffet, Nice feature I think !! But again I feel for the money we pay to go there the food should be as immaculate as the service!
During the day they have many activities for you to do with your partner or with other couples. It was a great way to mingle and meet other couples. The CXO (Chief Executive Officer) Aaron was very pleasant and tried so hard to get other couples involved in the activities, and might I add a very funny character :) If I may add a suggestion I would like to maybe have a pottery class its very sexy !! That is why we are there right :)
Now we are a same-sex couple and not once did we feel out of place, by any of the staff members nor by the other couples that were there. I was very pleased with that and I thank all the staff for that.
Bar Staff in the Lounge was just as pleasant as Melanie. It upsets me that I can not remember the Servers name from in there, because she deserves as much acknowledgement as Melanie. We were in the front stage tables for the Band and Comedy that night, and not once did I ever have to request a drink. She was right on top of everything and even though she knew she asked us 100 times she still always made sure we were comfortable. The Bartender Erika was again pleasant with explaining different drink options and what was in each. Thank you ladies !!
For entertainment we saw The Bridesmaids.. great band and the best Saxophone player I have ever heard. The comedy was just as funny and had me laughing throughout the night!!
The gift shop was well equipped with "pleasurable" items. And Nancy assisted us with all the activities that we did including, archery, paddle boat, bicycling and much more!!
I can not forget the photographer Elizabeth. Thanks again for the many options of photos that we were allowed to choose from !
Well I hate to ramble but my wife and I were very pleased with our stay and will be returning in the summer to enjoy the outdoor pool (also if your going in the winter they have an indoor pool and hot tub so don't forget your swimsuits)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Happy 3 year anniversary Leeann B! I'll be sure to share your review with Melanie, Nancy, Elizabeth and Aaron. See you this summer.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

I just came back from a 4-day stay with my husband to celebrate our anniversary, we had a
Great time. The best thing this resort has is the staff. They are amazing, friendly, helpful. The nightly entertainment was awesome, great. Each night I looked forward to seeing the shows
Great music and great comedians that kept us entertained at all times.
The food was great, it was seasoned well and never bland. The restaurant staff was always friendly and polite.
Now the only negative thing I have to say is that like someone else mentioned, the rooms are quite outdated and are in need of renovation, at least the Garden of Eden Apple rooms that's where we stayed. Besides that, everything else is great. Awesome Job Paradise Stream. Will definitely come back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Happy anniversary shorty03_24! Thank you for sharing it with us and than your for your feedback. Very happy to hear you'll be visiting us again. See you next time.
nj
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Paradise Stream is a nice quiet large place to enjoy one another .Stayed at the towers suites , the rooms are nice and quiet, same as the other cove haven resorts.(STAYED AT POCONO PALACE LAST YEAR). The activities are fun to do during the day , the staff was very friendly and helpful. the indoor pool in the game house is warm and inviting. the CXO's are fun to be with (Aaron and Rachel) AND SKY IN THE Parrot Lounge too !!! Only complaints is they need to upkeep property better, there was things that would need to be repainted from years of sun on them , Like really ? I could of painted half that stuff while I was there in the 4 days we spent. they do a great job at the landscape work but nothing more. Come on guys pick up with the time otherwise I WILL be returning to Paradise Stream , since it is A GREAT PLACE to unwind and forget about the weeks of work and its only a small trip from home.

Room Tip: stay in the tower suite its on the side of the mountain / hill, saw deer every morning.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Happy to hear you had a fun time and will be coming back to Paradise Stream, HapiCouple. I have shared your review with our Maintenance Team.
Maple Shade, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

This was a surprise anniversary from my husband for our 10th wedding anniversary! We did not know what to expect, except what we have read on TripAdvisor. We thought we would give it a shot and when we got there, we were greeted by Julie and Eunice. They were so warm and welcoming when we registered in! They explained where everything was and explained how many different activities there were to do! We even received a map of the resort and where everything was located!We could not believe how many things their were to do! Julie and Eunice stated to us, that if there was anything else they could do to make our stay pleasant, not to hesitate and ask and they would do whatever they could, in reason or answer any questions. Everyday when you went to breakfast, there would be a pamphlet called "Hot Spot Daily Dose of Fun" on your table for breakfast or you could pick it up on the Front Desk. This would tell you what was going on during the day: activities with your CXO (Chief Excitement Officer), what is that nights drink that were featured, upcoming events and entertainment that night, plus late night snack and where it would be. Also it would list times that you could have photos taking with the resort photographers, Liz or Flash. Our photographer was Flash! We had a good time with him and he took amazing pictures of us together! We had our pictures taken before dinner one night. Flash made you feel good about yourself when he took the pictures. Some of us, like me, do not like taking pictures of my self even with other people. Flash was great, he made our photos look fabulous! Even i like them and that is something say for a person who does not like being in pictures! Our room that we got was the Champagne Towers. The heated pool was rejuvenating and one of my husband's favorite things about our suite! The suite was very big and spacious! There were multiple floors and we enjoyed our suite! Jacuzzi Champagne tub was awesome! How many people can say that they were in a Jacuzzi Champagne Glass tub? Not many, but i can!!! The suite was nice, but of course it needed updating, but we were not there for the decor! We were there to have a fantastic anniversary! Which we did!

Everybody we met were so nice and accommodating! We participated in different activities, went to shows and listened to good music! Even went horse back riding! the stables were right on the property! We had such a good time there and we even were giving by Julie at the front desk, a listing of outside activities! They gave a listing, phone numbers and directions on how to get there! It seems everywhere we would go around the resort, we would run into Aaron! He happened to be our CXO in the different activities! He was fun, very entertaining and gave you a good time! We could not ask for a better CXO! We did see Rachel, but we would see her around dinner time, when she would announce the activities in the evening. She was great too!

At breakfast and dinner, we would have a different server. We had Tina, Terysa(sorry if spelled wrong), and 2 more, but I forgot, sorry. We even had Matt, who was being trained by Tina, and he did a good job because he was trained under Tina. We wish him the best! Overall the breakfast and 4 course dinner was very good, better than buffet food. My husband stated that his favorite dinner was on the first day we got there. He had the salmon and he stated that it was cooked to perfection with that dill sauce! OMG! The service was impeccable! We rarely had to ask for anything, the servers would come over and ask if you needed anything and they even ask if were ready for your next course for dinner. Sometimes I would be done before my husband and sometimes he would be done before me. How considerate! Keep up the good work!

This was a trip for 5 days and 4 nights. We enjoyed ourselves so much, that my husband surprised me and we stayed for one more day! Unbelievable what a great husband I have!

I really do not have anything bad to say! You need to make up your own mind if you like it or not. Try it, we did and enjoyed it! For my husband and I, we all ready made reservation for next year to come back! For this wife, I would say that this was the best trip we have taking together and how relaxed and how rejuvenating this trip was for us! In my opinion, this is a resort that can bring couples together or make their relationship stronger!

Thank you to everybody there for making our anniversary special and memorable!!!! See you next year! Can not wait to see Julie, Eunice, Tina, Terysa, Matt, Aaron, Rachel, Bill, Liz, Flash and all the others that we have met!!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Happy 10th anniversary Aimee N! I love this line, 'this is a resort that can bring couples together or make their relationship stronger!' Thank you so much for this wonderful review. I will be sure to share it with the Team. See you next year.
Schaumburg, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Me and my husband decided to give each other one surprise vacation this year where one has to plan everything..events, food and entertainment. So my smart husband went ahead and booked this all inclusive couples only resort for 3 nights where the breakfast buffets were delicious, four course dinners were fantastic and live band was too much fun. We didn't had to go anywhere else..everything was planned by the resort. After dinner live band and stand up comedy stage shows were just fantastic... tooo much fun!!!. Aaron and Rachel made every event planned in the resort more enjoyable be it playing game of bingo or 8 ball pool with the other couples. It was a dream come true vacation in beautiful champagne tower suites with heart shaped pool and champagne glass shaped tall jacuzzi in the living room... I could have never imagined something like this existed in the world !!! This place was just beautiful and made every moment of my vacation unforgettable. Keep up the good work guys .. You were all very amazing!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you so much Neelima G!

Been to Paradise Stream Resort? Share your experiences!