“Pleasantly Surprised!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Mount Pocono
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Pleasantly Surprised!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Okay, so hubby and I just got back from a 2 night stay at Paradise Stream and I must say I was pleasantly surprised! I have traveled internationally and have stayed at the Beaches Resort in Turks and Caicos as well as the Four Season's in Philadelphia. I am a normal mom with 3 kids who range in ages 7- 12 and my husband and I needed a place that wasn't too far from home. We really agonized about whether or not to book a room here. I read all the reviews and was having a tough time deciding whether I would be completely grossed out or if it could be the perfect get away. Ultimately, we went in with the YOLO idea and figured if it was horrible, we would cancel the second night. Well, I wish we had been able to stay longer because 2 nights wasn't enough. We booked the Diana suite and it was clean and comfortable. It seemed to have been updated fairly recently. The in room pool and fireplace was our favorite part. We got in as soon as we could and instantly felt relaxed. I felt like World War 3 could be happening outside our room and we wouldn't know it! The staff was super friendly as were the other couples (all seemed within the normal range). I also wasn't sure if it would just be older couples, but it wasn't! There was a range between mid 20's to late 60's I would say. The dinner was also a pleasant surprise. I expected banquet type quality but it was very tasty and was better than a lot of wedding food I have had. The comedian and band were great! If I had to give poor marks it would be on the lack of towel bars in the room. I think a few extra towel bars and perhaps some nice robes would be a good addition. I also thought the Spooners Cafe/ lounge could use some updating. So the bottom line, the place is pretty cheesy but if you go in with an open mind, you'll have a blast. We couldn't believe how quickly we were able to relax because it really is secluded and private. We can't wait to go back:)

Room Tip: We loved the Diana suite but the lake view rooms looked nice too
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
We can't wait to have you back Dietitianmom! Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your suggestions. Great photos too.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Hinsdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We went for our 16th anniv. and since it was a spur of the moment trip I had forgotten to call and tell them I was allergic to garlic. When we got to dinner I found out that almost all the dishes on the buffet were made with garlic. Juan who was slicing the meat went out of his way to have the kitchen make me a special meal and then met with me the next afternoon to go over the choices for dinner. All the staff was very friendly and helpful but he went over and above. the only down side was no coffee pots in the room and since I get up at 5:30am I had to wait till 7AM and so it was a long hour and a half. The other people who were down there in line for the ultra slow single cup coffee maker felt the same.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Happy 16th anniversary Terry D! I'll be sure to share your review with Juan and our Resort Manager. Thank you.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

My Husband and I were married at Parardise Stream on Oct 12, 2013 and it was more than amazing. Camber was very attentive in every details of helping us plan the wedidng and making sure all of my request were meet to have a beautiful day. We arrived 2 days prior to the wedding as we booked an 8 days/7night stay. All we both can say is that not only did we love every moment but so did our guest. The dining room looked amazing, the tables were beautiful decorated, the only thing I provided was the linens of my choice and flowers. The food was great. It was a 3 hour luncheon that included a menu of two salads, cream of broccoli soup, mini crab crabs, bacon wrapped scallops, and coconut shrimp, along with 3 different types of sandwiches, along with a dessert table. The resort had an amazing package which included a dj, and we opted for an hour open bar. On the day of the wedding the resort even provided a horse drawn carriage. We wanted a small intimate wedding and did not have a ton of money to spend. The package also include a photo album and 8 pictures taken but the resort photographer Lizzie, who, I don't normally take great pictures but knocked it out of the ball park. Our weddding was everything we wanted and more. I hightly recommmend couples who are looking for an economical alternative while still having a beautiful wedding consider Paradise Stream and talk to Camber or you can even contact me as well. We stayed in the Champagne towers and it was immaculate, not sure what some of the complaints are about. Our room was alwasy clean, the pool was beautiful, yes there was a little wear and tear but nothing you wouldn't find after years in a private residence. Our air conditioner had even broken a few nigths in, we called the front desk and in less than 5 minutes someone was there and replaced it with a new unit before we came back from dinner. Meals were great, breakfast as always was a nice choice, Dinners were great, strip night is always a favorite, and they had this Tai chicken that I even order a second serving of. No one should leave hungry and if you do it is your own fault. We had some lunches in the cafe which the chicken cheesesteak was out of this world. While we were eating in the cafe and watching the Eagles came we saw a black bear come strolling across. The bands and entertainment were excellent. Valerie Borman is great, if you ever get t a chance to go see her do it. While we were there they had a hayride through the woods, and a wonderful lunch basket picnic, we were even given blankets. All in all I could go on and on about how great everything was. Liz at the front desk was amazing. The last day of our stay we asked what time check out was and we were given the opprotunity to stay in the room until 5pm and have a wonderful dinner again and enjoy that nights entertainment as well, which we did and will never forget. We are so happy to be in the forever lovers club and we will be returning in March before our little bundle of joy arrives. Everyone from the housekeeping staff, front desk, photgraphers, bartenders, servers were just amazing, friendly, and accomidating. A big thank you again to all the wonderful staff for making our wedding an honeymoon have wonderful memories that we will cherish for the rest of our lives. Don't listen to these negative nelllies, they must all be dining and staying at 5 star resorts all the time. We love it, we recommend it and here are some pics.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Congratulations Lisa W! Thank you for sharing your special day with us. We loved having you here!
New York, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

This resort is so outdated, I thought I was in a Scarface movie while I spent the weekend there with my Fiance for his birthday. The resort looks 30 years old. The in-room pool was moldy and dirty, the rugs look like they haven't been cleaned in 3 decades, the food is so cheap!! I felt like I was eating in a cafeteria. My Fiance and I were looking forward to a relaxing and romantic weekend, and we were just totally disappointed by the appearance of this resort and our room. Take your money and business Somewhere else! Not Worth the Money At All!!!!!

Room Tip: If you do stay there, the most up to date rooms are Diana's Oasis or Lakeside Villa. We stood i...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
We are disappointed to have received this review. Vivian G, please consider emailing us a PoconoRomance@covepoconoresorts.com with the details of you stay so we can have our Housekeeping Team check out your suite.

Travelers are raving about these Mount Pocono hotels

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Having already visited the Poconos before(Pocono Palace), I decided to give Paradise Stream a try. Despite average reviews I booked a four day stay for my anniversary. I always try to get the Champagne Towers room if available. Its like your own personal resort( Jacuzzi, pool, sauna etc.) Once again I was not disappointed .The Poconos Resorts are the perfect getaway.The casino is a short drive away. The game room and the bike rides along with daily activities give you plenty to do outside the room. Service was great. Food was good. Sitting alone with my wife for breakfast and dinner and not having to share the table with strangers was great. Room was perfect. Like a said the perfect getaway. I will return again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Happy anniversary! Thank you for spending it in the Land of Love! See you next time.
Lebanon, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We loved this resort! It is couples only so it is wonderful if you are trying to get away from all the pressures of home. The rooms have so many amenities that can make your stay even more special. We were very impressed with the friendliness of the staff. They were so willing to accommodate any request you may have. There are many things to do at the resort too, paddle boats, swimming, hot tubs, a small mini golf course, archery, and lots of nightly entertainment...
The best part is just getting away with your special someone and having a romantic setting to help you focus on each other! We can't wait to go back sometime!!!!

Room Tip: All the suites are wonderful. We stayed in the Diana's Oasis for the first half of the week and...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
We love your review, Kim W! Thank you! See you next time. <3.
Drums, PA USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Pros: Self-contained as you never need to leave the property if you don't want to. Very friendly staff throughout. Bands and comedians are top-notch. Shuttle to Mt. Airy casino for the gamblers.

Cons: TVs need updating (big boxes with VHS players, no DVD!), No Wi-Fi and poor signal reception throughout the facility. Fireplaces need to be cleaned - huge buildup of soot. And most importantly - NO TEA in the morning coffee set up!

We stayed one night on a last minute reservation and booked a Diana Oasis room. As we were members of their Forever Lovers club from a few years back, we were immediately offered an upgrade to a Garden of Eden Apple room. We haven't visited any of the Caesar's locations in years and were impressed with the overall cleanliness of the resort. The décor is a combination of modern art deco and ancient roman. Perhaps it's evidence of a shift from the old (roman) to the new (art deco).Carpets and furnishings were all in great shape. Privacy is of the utmost importance so few of the rooms have windows...probably a good thing...

Food is good and they have eliminated the family style seating so you can sit with your significant other and not have to chow down with 6 total strangers. Drinks at both bars are reasonably priced and the bartenders are attentive. They added a breakfast delivery of just a few items but they were really good and delivered hot. Very convenient.

Overall, it's an interesting experience, kind of like a cruise ship on land. Some of the games and activities may be viewed as a bit "corny" by the younger set but the older crowd enjoys.(BTW, the guests are a mix of all ages, races, locations, etc. It's great!) We will visit again and probably return to each facility over the years. It's true that the place is romantic and a great way to rekindle a flame.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Your last sentence is great, OLDFLD. Thank you for this review. I will be sharing your review with all of our managers.

Been to Paradise Stream Resort? Share your experiences!