“Sensory Overload!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 7 hotels in Mount Pocono
Vienna, Virginia
“Sensory Overload!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

This hotel is definitely designed to provide sensory overload to the ladies! Anyone who talks about it being outdated or whatever isn't seeing the point of the place! The smells are awesome. The noises are perfect. The sights are delightful! A woman is naturally pleased when she has her sensory overload at this place. The man has to do little to please her after that! Is it from the 70's/80's? Sure. Is it still completely awesome and romantic? Absolutely!

Room Tip: Loved my Garden of Eden...no windows, no outside noise, perfectly romantic. I will confess we are a...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
'Awesome and romantic,' that's what we love to hear alij1069! Thank you.

676 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Buffalo, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

My husband and I went to Paradise Stream resort for our first anniversary. We got a groupon and spent three nights. It was pretty expensive for what it was. Including tax and gratuity, it cost about $1,000 for three days (and that was the groupon price!). For that, I could have flown to North Carolina and stayed at Bald Head Island for three days.I was anticipating this would be like a sandals of the North except with hiking and more outdoor activities and what not. My husband on the other hand like it a lot (he's from rural NH).

Rooms: My husband and I were in the Diana's Oasis room. Not bad. Pretty small. It was nice to have the heart shaped bathtub and a private mini pool in our room. I did not like the circle-shaped bed. It was difficult to sleep on, and my husband is 6'1 so his feet were hanging off the side. There was some sort of red stain on our carpet. The stairs to the pool were in bad shape.

Food: Not gourmet by any means but very good. We arrived late Friday night, after dinner had already been served, and they gave us a voucher for food from one of the restaurants. The food was just sandwiches and that type of food. It was very good. I loved how you could order breakfast in bed and then go down to the restaurant for a full breakfast later. The breakfast panini that was sent to our room was delicious. The breakfast buffet was good. Dinner wasn't bad. The first night I had strip steak and my husband had sirloin. Not the best steaks in the world, but not bad. The sides were delicious and dessert was wonderful. Dinner the next night, I had the steak and my husband had the salmon. They were pretty good.

Activities and entertainment: There were a few activities around the resort including archery, shuttle board, basketball and paddle boating, which were all fun. The "lake" where you can paddle boat is more like a pond or drainage ditch. But we did most of the activities within the first day. The nightly entertainment was a lot of fun. The first night, we just went to bed because we got in late. But the second night, there were three comics who were great. The next night, there was a comic, a band and live karaoke with the band. The comic that night was okay. He seemed like he might have been drunk during the show. The band was pretty good, and I thought Karaoke with the band was a really cool idea.

Overall: We had a good time. It was a nice getaway close to home, but once was enough. I probably would not stay here again. I would choose to spend the money to go to a nicer resort in a more tropical location.

Room Tip: The Dianas Oasis rooms are the cheaper, more compact rooms, but they have all been recently remodele...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Happy first anniversary 333kmg333!! Thank you for spending it with us! Thank you for the review. Happy to hear you had a good time and we hope you decide to visit us again.
Phillipsburg, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

This was our first one night getaway without our toddler since he was born. We got a discount price via Groupon and we were upgraded to the Champagne Towers. WOW!. Outside looks to simple and then you walk in and Hello! Fantasy Island! lol , I am grateful for other Tripadviors who had advised to BYOB, candles (battery ops), fire logs, and bubble bath- so we were prepared and didn't have to do a "oh, next time we shall bring..." about anything. We got in the room, opened our Champagne and had a fun fun skinny dip....followed by the champagne towers hot tub with 5 inches of bubbly! Everything in our room was amazingly clean- it must take a lot of work to keep these places clean, We loved the little details like the twinkling starry lights over the champagne tub and bed. Our dinner was delicious and I had a huge piece of salmon.
I am constantly amazed how the same hotel-like this one- can get 5 star ratings and 1 star ratings for the same stuff. Cleanliness is very important to us and fortunately we had no problems in our room. We were only there for a night but we had such a great time it was a very special satisfying day/night.

Room Tip: BYOB and get a room with a pool, esp Champagne towers- in the off season when $ is good. BYO- firelo...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
So happy you loved the Champagne Tower! We loved your review! Thanks Lisa S!
Allentown, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Resort had quite a few activities to keep you entertained outside the room. Food was very good and rooms were as advertised. We did not like the amenities in the Diana's Oasis but we had a good time. Weather was rainy so walking between all the building locations was a pain. Entertainment was very good quality and enjoyable. Staff was very polite and attentive. Very interesting gift shop!

Room Tip: Look closely at the features in the various room selections and choose carefully.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thanks RLStoudt!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We were hesitant about booking a weekend trip here since we didn't know what to expect... we worried especially about the food, since my husband has a lot of dietary restrictions.

It was absolutely FANTASTIC! My husband (both a vegetarian and lactose intolerant) had plenty of options, and so did I (including steak on strip night!) Meals were amazing, ranging from international buffets to 4-course themed feasts, depending.

We also loved our room (we got a free upgrade to a room with a private pool in addition to a heart-shaped tub and fireplace - it was serious fun!), the activities (went horseback riding, row-boating, hiking, etc.,) and the entertainment. Bands were great and the comedians were funny. Also, if it's your thing, you can compete in various games and win prizes. We won a free bottle of champagne.

Also about the room, it was super-clean and well-maintained.

And they have little opportunities to be romantic throughout... my husband wrote me a romantic message to play on the big screen in the lobby and you can also send each other love notes.

We'll definitely go back!

Room Tip: We loved our room with the hot tub, fireplace, and (small) private indoor pool.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
See you next time FirstClassSMcD!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

So me and my wife wanted to do a baby moon for a few days. So we found a good Groupon we thought. Around $300 a night for the champagne Tower room with a pool in the room and a fire place. Wow!! We arrive at 4 pm check in is at 3 or 330 pm we had to wait till 430pm because the room was NOT ready, I had reservations for the two days how is it not ready, the women says we where Really busy last night. (Really so wasn't ever other hotel in the world it was Friday,Labor day weekend) so anyways we get a call that our room was ready. Now any resort I have ever been to has a guy that brings the bags to the room and I tip him! Not here here you drive to your room. So get to the room it's just Dirty, webs all over the place spider and cobb. Looks like an Old cabin that isn't well maintained. I really hate to e hard on hotels I know it takes a lot to run one, but I have to be Honest and ever Resort I have ever been to have always had at least a few good things to say. So
Much to say going to do pros and cons after this> We ordered a movie and it went off in the middle, next day we called. Took hours to get the movies to work and they charge $15.99 for them and they don't work when you want to watch them. So after maintenance came, talked to 3 people. They finally got the movie on around midnight , then it went out and in and was all jumpy. So I called and was making sure I was not being charged. Te women said no I took it off. When I checked out I asked, she was really rude and said yes ONE has been refunded, you have one on there. I just wanted to go home and didn't have the time to argue. I can only compare it to any other hotel I have stayed at and I say especially if you are going for your HONEYMOON stay away! Go out of country you will get SO MUCH more for Less money!

Pros- nice area
Fishing onsite
Mostly nice staff
Game room
Jacuzzi room/pool- Really nice
Dessert"a good

Cons- Dinner looks and taste like Microwave dinner (thought it was)

Make you pay for a log for the fire place=$7 ea.- rooms $300-400 a night I might add with a discount (other resorts give Free bottles,free room service etc.)

Dining room staff- 3 different servers one new others didn't know anything at all about the food.
Andreas seemed to TRY his best, but for a guy to give you No chicken or rice in the chicken & rice soup and to say, would you like me to try another go at it, that's all I could get. Added Ranch dressing to wife's salad that already had caesar on it big glob of ranch. He had to come back to the table ten times because he could not remember anything. Food was terrible from the start.

Pool in room keep at 90 degrees, with the room keep at 80-85 for that area. So you really have TWO jacuzzi"s one you just can't control, no pool- pools are Cool not Hot!

Starry lights in ceiling half ripped off, looks like a 12 yr olds bedroom.

Says room is four levels,it's barley two.

Place is not very well maintained and we talked to some locals they have a great cheseecake factory and most of the locals say they hear its been closing for a while now. Makes perfect sense now, they charge HIGH prices for outdated everything from Food to Rooms give you a discount to act like you are getting a deal. Don't put any money into the place and sit back and collect your hard earned money. This place is very outdated looks like the 80"s!

• Stayed September 2013
Very sorry you feel this way Muskman80. Should any readers of this review have questions about the issues raised, please do not hesitate to email me at PoconoRomance@covepoconoresorts.com.
Wheelersburg, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

This was our first time in the Pocono's. The staff was extremely courteous and helpful. With just a little asking Jemelda at the front desk offered us an upgrade. We went on a resort tour the next day and found out that some rooms had been more recently updated. When we requested to be moved to one of those the staff was more than willing to accommodate. When we experienced minor issues with the new room and I felt like we may have been being picky I was assured that they wanted us to be happy. We wound up in a Diana's oasis and were very pleased.

I cannot comment on dinner since we had a package that only included breakfast which was more than satisfactory.

As to activities, everything was very well organized and the ones we participated in were fun. I would be remiss if I didn't mention Rachel, her title is CXO but this girl was everywhere. Always making sure that people were informed and enjoyed themselves. She was there in the morning and stayed late to ensure everything she was responsible for went off without a hitch. Bottom line if you want to know what's happening find Rachel she is a perfect ambassador for the resort.

We saw the Friday night show which Rachel told us would be good and she was spot on, a comedian and a very good 80"s cover band. Sophia and the rest of the bartender's poured a more than fair cocktail and the prices were in mu opinion were good.

All in all a great experience and we will go back.

Room Tip: Lakeside villas and Diana's oasis have been renovated. Garden of Eden Apple's have no windo...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you so much oberacla! I will be sure to share you review with Jemelda, Rachel and Sophia.

Been to Paradise Stream Resort? Share your experiences!