“WOW! A night on Fantasy Island” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Room Only - Limited Time
Ranked #2 of 7 hotels in Mount Pocono
Phillipsburg, New Jersey
“WOW! A night on Fantasy Island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

This was our first one night getaway without our toddler since he was born. We got a discount price via Groupon and we were upgraded to the Champagne Towers. WOW!. Outside looks to simple and then you walk in and Hello! Fantasy Island! lol , I am grateful for other Tripadviors who had advised to BYOB, candles (battery ops), fire logs, and bubble bath- so we were prepared and didn't have to do a "oh, next time we shall bring..." about anything. We got in the room, opened our Champagne and had a fun fun skinny dip....followed by the champagne towers hot tub with 5 inches of bubbly! Everything in our room was amazingly clean- it must take a lot of work to keep these places clean, We loved the little details like the twinkling starry lights over the champagne tub and bed. Our dinner was delicious and I had a huge piece of salmon.
I am constantly amazed how the same hotel-like this one- can get 5 star ratings and 1 star ratings for the same stuff. Cleanliness is very important to us and fortunately we had no problems in our room. We were only there for a night but we had such a great time it was a very special satisfying day/night.

Room Tip: BYOB and get a room with a pool, esp Champagne towers- in the off season when $ is good. BYO- firelo...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
So happy you loved the Champagne Tower! We loved your review! Thanks Lisa S!

689 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
Allentown, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Resort had quite a few activities to keep you entertained outside the room. Food was very good and rooms were as advertised. We did not like the amenities in the Diana's Oasis but we had a good time. Weather was rainy so walking between all the building locations was a pain. Entertainment was very good quality and enjoyable. Staff was very polite and attentive. Very interesting gift shop!

Room Tip: Look closely at the features in the various room selections and choose carefully.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thanks RLStoudt!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We were hesitant about booking a weekend trip here since we didn't know what to expect... we worried especially about the food, since my husband has a lot of dietary restrictions.

It was absolutely FANTASTIC! My husband (both a vegetarian and lactose intolerant) had plenty of options, and so did I (including steak on strip night!) Meals were amazing, ranging from international buffets to 4-course themed feasts, depending.

We also loved our room (we got a free upgrade to a room with a private pool in addition to a heart-shaped tub and fireplace - it was serious fun!), the activities (went horseback riding, row-boating, hiking, etc.,) and the entertainment. Bands were great and the comedians were funny. Also, if it's your thing, you can compete in various games and win prizes. We won a free bottle of champagne.

Also about the room, it was super-clean and well-maintained.

And they have little opportunities to be romantic throughout... my husband wrote me a romantic message to play on the big screen in the lobby and you can also send each other love notes.

We'll definitely go back!

Room Tip: We loved our room with the hot tub, fireplace, and (small) private indoor pool.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
See you next time FirstClassSMcD!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

So me and my wife wanted to do a baby moon for a few days. So we found a good Groupon we thought. Around $300 a night for the champagne Tower room with a pool in the room and a fire place. Wow!! We arrive at 4 pm check in is at 3 or 330 pm we had to wait till 430pm because the room was NOT ready, I had reservations for the two days how is it not ready, the women says we where Really busy last night. (Really so wasn't ever other hotel in the world it was Friday,Labor day weekend) so anyways we get a call that our room was ready. Now any resort I have ever been to has a guy that brings the bags to the room and I tip him! Not here here you drive to your room. So get to the room it's just Dirty, webs all over the place spider and cobb. Looks like an Old cabin that isn't well maintained. I really hate to e hard on hotels I know it takes a lot to run one, but I have to be Honest and ever Resort I have ever been to have always had at least a few good things to say. So
Much to say going to do pros and cons after this> We ordered a movie and it went off in the middle, next day we called. Took hours to get the movies to work and they charge $15.99 for them and they don't work when you want to watch them. So after maintenance came, talked to 3 people. They finally got the movie on around midnight , then it went out and in and was all jumpy. So I called and was making sure I was not being charged. Te women said no I took it off. When I checked out I asked, she was really rude and said yes ONE has been refunded, you have one on there. I just wanted to go home and didn't have the time to argue. I can only compare it to any other hotel I have stayed at and I say especially if you are going for your HONEYMOON stay away! Go out of country you will get SO MUCH more for Less money!

Pros- nice area
Fishing onsite
Mostly nice staff
Game room
Jacuzzi room/pool- Really nice
Dessert"a good

Cons- Dinner looks and taste like Microwave dinner (thought it was)

Make you pay for a log for the fire place=$7 ea.- rooms $300-400 a night I might add with a discount (other resorts give Free bottles,free room service etc.)

Dining room staff- 3 different servers one new others didn't know anything at all about the food.
Andreas seemed to TRY his best, but for a guy to give you No chicken or rice in the chicken & rice soup and to say, would you like me to try another go at it, that's all I could get. Added Ranch dressing to wife's salad that already had caesar on it big glob of ranch. He had to come back to the table ten times because he could not remember anything. Food was terrible from the start.

Pool in room keep at 90 degrees, with the room keep at 80-85 for that area. So you really have TWO jacuzzi"s one you just can't control, no pool- pools are Cool not Hot!

Starry lights in ceiling half ripped off, looks like a 12 yr olds bedroom.

Says room is four levels,it's barley two.

Place is not very well maintained and we talked to some locals they have a great cheseecake factory and most of the locals say they hear its been closing for a while now. Makes perfect sense now, they charge HIGH prices for outdated everything from Food to Rooms give you a discount to act like you are getting a deal. Don't put any money into the place and sit back and collect your hard earned money. This place is very outdated looks like the 80"s!

• Stayed September 2013
Very sorry you feel this way Muskman80. Should any readers of this review have questions about the issues raised, please do not hesitate to email me at PoconoRomance@covepoconoresorts.com.
Wheelersburg, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

This was our first time in the Pocono's. The staff was extremely courteous and helpful. With just a little asking Jemelda at the front desk offered us an upgrade. We went on a resort tour the next day and found out that some rooms had been more recently updated. When we requested to be moved to one of those the staff was more than willing to accommodate. When we experienced minor issues with the new room and I felt like we may have been being picky I was assured that they wanted us to be happy. We wound up in a Diana's oasis and were very pleased.

I cannot comment on dinner since we had a package that only included breakfast which was more than satisfactory.

As to activities, everything was very well organized and the ones we participated in were fun. I would be remiss if I didn't mention Rachel, her title is CXO but this girl was everywhere. Always making sure that people were informed and enjoyed themselves. She was there in the morning and stayed late to ensure everything she was responsible for went off without a hitch. Bottom line if you want to know what's happening find Rachel she is a perfect ambassador for the resort.

We saw the Friday night show which Rachel told us would be good and she was spot on, a comedian and a very good 80"s cover band. Sophia and the rest of the bartender's poured a more than fair cocktail and the prices were in mu opinion were good.

All in all a great experience and we will go back.

Room Tip: Lakeside villas and Diana's oasis have been renovated. Garden of Eden Apple's have no windo...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you so much oberacla! I will be sure to share you review with Jemelda, Rachel and Sophia.
Burlington, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

My wife and I went to Paradise Stream just to get away, not to celebrate anything other than spending time together. I am very busy at work so we don't get away on vacation much, that said I travel a lot for work and have spent far to many days and nights in all kinds of hotels around the country, from low end to very, very high end. So I will start with the room, more like an apartment than a room. If it had a kitchen it would have been bigger than most of the apartments my company has put me up in while travelling for business. Some complain that it is a little outdated, not sure why. Our room/apartment had a built in pool, sauna, steam room/shower large enough for two, double sink in the bathroom and a Champagne Glass shaped Jacuzzi. It had a living room with a fireplace and the bedroom had a very comfortable king size bed and a couple of chairs and a small table in it. It was very clean, quite and private. It had no weird odors. The most amazing thing was there was a fireplace in the living room and there was no smokey smell in the room/apartment. My house has two full wall fireplaces in it and my wife doesn't let me use them because the smell of smoke bothers her, yet we had a fire going in the room with no complaint of smoke. The room/apartment also had a built in pool in it, again I was amazed that there was no typical pool smell. If you had your eyes closed you would have not known there was a pool there, yet it was very clean and great fun. Typically when I travel I try to spend as little time as possible in my hotel room, I could have spent the full three days in this room with no complaints.

Now for the food, breakfast had a very nice buffet, and I mean a real breakfast buffet with real food on it, not like most hotels that give you soggy fruit, cereal a few containers of yogurt and a dirty, sticky do it yourself waffle maker. This buffet had fresh scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, french toast, fresh fruit, cereal, yogurt and fresh pastries. If that wasn't good enough you can also order any type of egg you want from the kitchen, pancakes, waffles or pretty much anything else you want for breakfast. Also includes all the fresh juice and coffee you can drink. Everything we got for breakfast was cooked to perfection, no complaints here.

For dinner you order from a menu, typically can choose from 4 or 5 entrees. It also includes soup, salad (garden or Caesar), your entree and desert. I will start with the salad, I am tired of restaurants that serve you a few greens and call it a Caesar salad. I can't tell you how many times I have asked for cheese on my salad only to have the waiter or waitress look at me like I have two heads. Sorry, I'm Italian I put cheese on everything, get over it. Well the first night at the resort I ordered a Caesar salad, when the waitress brought it, it couldn't have been better if I made it myself and it was covered in lots and lots of grated cheese. It was so good I had to call the waitress over to thank her personally. She said well when she makes a salad for a customer she makes it as if she was going to eat it herself. What a concept, imagine that she made it so it was good enough for her. Wow, if only every restaurant had employees like this I might not mind travelling so much. The entrees were done perfectly every night and always delicious. One night I wasn't that hungry when it came to dessert so I ordered the strawberry shortcake, well that was a mistake it came in a large and I mean large bowl. It was fresh strawberries over the shortcake, then it had soft serve ice cream on top of that and real fresh whip cream on top of that. I wouldn't have finished it, but it was so good I couldn't stand wasting it, so I forced myself.

Bottom line is no matter where you stay or what you eat, if you like to complain you will find something to complain about, but if you stay here you are going to have to look real hard to find something, so instead of looking, sit back, relax and enjoy one of the nicest resorts I have stayed at in a long time.

I was planning a trip to Vegas, but my wife and I decided we are going back to Paradise Stream instead. Most fun we have had together in a very long time... If you want a rating I will give it a 10 out of 10...

Room Tip: Go with the Champagne Towers, the rooms are a little more expensive, but worth every penny. The priv...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
We love a 10 out of 10 rating and we love your review! This warms our hearts. Fantastic guests! Thanks Rick L.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Champagne Tower room at Paradise Stream Resort for one night in September 2013. We highly recommend checking out Groupon as we found a very good deal there which saved us 100$. We were really impressed by the room design. The Champagne tower Jacuzzi, the heart-shaped pool, the starry ceilings and the round bed were amazing and created the romantic atmosphere! The food was simple yet delicious and the night entertainment was somewhat boring in our opinion. But we didn't mind as we spent most of the time in the room, which was just fantastic! The next day after we had checked out we were allowed to explore their multiple activities, such as paddle boats, bicycling, archery, tennis, etc. We were very happy with the resort and will definitely be back!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
So happy to hear you loved the Champagne Tower and will be back! Would love to hear more feedback about the entertainment - please consider emailing us at PoconoRomance@covepoconoresorts.com.

Been to Paradise Stream Resort? Share your experiences!