“Romantic getaway!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 7 hotels in Mount Pocono
New York City, New York
“Romantic getaway!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

If you are looking for a romantic getaway this is the place. Just returned from a weekend getaway and I must say it feels like a dream I wish I never woke up from. I had no issues with any of the services and everything was far and beyond my expectation. I arrived super early and was able to check in and enter my room. The room was phenomenal. Very clean, the staff is very professional the night entertainment was great. I was not able to get reception on my phone but I guess thats their way of making you focus on your partner and only on you partner. The bed was so comfortable, it felt like I was sleeping on clouds. I especially loved the personal swimming pool and jacuzzi. The leprechaun had me dance sexy for my hunny in front of everyone. It was scary but we all laughed. Very mature crowd. The breakfast was great but I didn't like the dinner. Not much of a variety and food had no flavor and was very dry.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
I love this... ' it feels like a dream I wish I never woke up from.' Thank you!

678 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
Kunkletown, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband I have been going for many years. We were married May 2012 at the resort. HORRIBLE time. We spent almost $5000 and had to pay more money to have our marriage license fixed!!! We decided to get married at the Palace because we loved the resort and it was easy for us. Bad decision. Even though the resort messed up our wedding and license, they gave me "sorry" very disappointing. We received no recognition on the resort TV for being married there, being a honeymooner, or even being a forever lover. It is minor but it means a lot to us.
We stayed at the resort March 2013 for a big game. Got screwed out of the game and were more or less forced to stay the entire weekend. The only reason that we went to the Stream was for this game. We were supposed to receive a special discount, never received it. We were never told about where we had to be to even be in the game. So we never even got the chance to be in the game (the whole reason for going) The food was disgusting Friday night. We were sick all night Friday from the food. So was my sister and her boyfriend who were first time guests. Entertainment was disgusting and horrible. The games they used to play, no longer do anything. We paid all this money to do nothing! Our tub was dirty and had brown stuff coming out of it. The pool in our room was ice cold and the radio didn't work. The TV barely worked. It was a hit or miss thing with the TV. We never had hot water in the shower. Requested pillows three times and never got them. I had to call the desk FOUR times in a row before anyone answered. The photographer had NO personality. Click you are done. Never told us to even smile. Then I am expected to buy this photo as a keepsake. The main hot tub was green and I wouldn't go in it. The bar by the pool wasn't open so we couldn't even relax by the indoor pool. The café food was horrible and we could hardly eat it. The breakfast in bed arrived cold and uncooked. I refuse to eat uncooked bacon. We brought new guests with us. I had to tell her the check out time and how everything worked. No one ever told them about booking `before leaving for special deals. They wont be back. Even though we talk about the resort all the time. For $1,000 for two days, I could have taken my kids and husband on a weeks vacation and had a better time. This resort is slowly going down hill. Spend your money somewhere else, some place the staff actually cares about their guests. As a guest of about 14 years, I would expect what I am paying for. The bands used to be good. No one was on the dance floor with this Woodstock band, and some Byrd band... well he was gross. I couldn't stand to even listen to the man speak. He made me sick. If They weren't giving away a prize I wouldn't have stayed to listen to him!!!
I truly hope that the resort realizes they are loosing valuable returning customers. Not that they care anymore, But I think a lot of Forever Lover Guests will no longer be coming to the resorts and spending their money. I knew as soon as we were checking in, it was a mistake. Spent way to much money to sit in a room and do nothing. Should have booked a week at the beach with my children and husband.
Until the resort makes some serious changes, book elsewhere. I know I will be. What a shame for an awesome resort and the few good staff members at the Palace. I am hating that it is going downhill. WHAT A SHAME!!! Totally regretting my wedding AND honeymoon there. Wish I would have went on a cruise, would have spent less money that way. Thanks CHER for some awesome memories and a lot of recent heart breaking experiences. Along with stomach issues :(

Room Tip: pick the cheap room if you do decide to go. You are going to pay out of the rear end for horrible fo...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Paradise Stream has been in touch with to address and clarify the issues mentioned here.
Should any reader of this review have further queries or concerns about matters raised, they may be addressed to me at PoconoRomance@covepoconoresorts.com.
brooklyn,ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Great place for lovers young and old. Perfect getaway breakfast in bed everything in the privacy of your room. Booked another stay in 2014 and will continue after there is snowmobiles on the property and horseback riding next door you can even book a horse and carriage ride.

• Stayed March 2013
Nice pictures! See you next year.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Great place, wonderful staff including Julie at the FD. We stayed in Diana Oasis room which we got upgraded to that room which was wonderful. We as usall will be going back. The resort is very friendly and very clean and up to date.

Room Tip: All rooms great!!! Rooms very clean In a great location feel like in the middle of nowhere
Thanks sweethot828!
Cherry Hill, New Jersey, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I booked a getaway weekend as a surprise for my husband this past weekend. We have stayed at the Cove Haven Entertainment Resorts many times over the past 13 years. I must say this past trip was the most I ever paid for a weekend and the worst trip I have ever had by far.

For what we spent, there is no way to say it was "worth" the ridiculous amounts they are charging you per room, they don't seem to care if the guests are happy or even have a clean room. I wouldn't recommend to anyone who used to stay here and is looking for the same great service and entertainment they remember or to those looking to try something new. Over all our room was dirty and had bugs in it, the service was deplorable, entertainment severely lacking, and overall just a huge disappointment. Not worth the money at all. What used to be a standard for great service, outstanding amenities and excellent entertainment is now just old tired, and washed up entertainment and horrible service.

I originally booked online through their website- where you are no longer able to put in your "Forever Lover" information- and booked a room at Cove Haven. When we went to check in, none of our information was linked to the reservation and I was told to get out of line, call reservations myself to have the problem fixed. This was after I picked my husband up from a 4 hour flight only to drive another 4 hours. Once I did this and got back in line to check in, I was then told that (even though the resort looked like a ghost town and was empty) there were no upgrades available for my stay. If I wanted an upgrade I was informed that Paradise Stream- which is a 45 minute drive backtracking- had 2 rooms available that we "might be able to get an upgrade if we hurried."

Once we did get into our suite, we found that the bathroom was dirty and there were bugs in our room. The feather blanket must have also had a tear because we had feathers all over our room, I even chocked on one during the night. There were no clocks- not even an alarm clock- in the room, and we could not get the radio to stay on or the lamps to even turn on. There is a private heater/ac unit for the room, but in order for one part to be comfortable, the other was freezing.

The service for dinner both Friday and Saturday nights was horrible, we had to wait almost a half hour to even get soda. Not to mention that I got food poisoning from Friday nights dinner, Saturday nights used to be lobster tail or strip steak- no more, just steak or an obscure fish dish- and if you don't like your steak burnt, you will be disappointed. We ordered ours cooked to medium and it was burnt to a crisp. The sides were also lacking in appeal- the toppings for my potato were brought around by a different waiter and I had no option but to get the amounts of what he put on. We had room service for breakfast both Saturday and Sunday- the food was cold and the water for my tea wasn't even warm enough to steep the tea bag.

We tried the "entertainment" Friday night was supposed to be a "new" band, it was just an old band that was doing horrible covers to a Woodstock theme under a new name and Saturdays entertainment was another old tired out band that lacked any appeal. Sunday night was a magician who did the same act that we saw for the past 13 years. They have also greatly cut out the scheduled activities that were free to participate in and replaced most of them with ones that either just cost extra or are also off property.

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the "Garden of Eden Apple" pool suites. Just beware there are no clock...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for your feedback Cheryl F. Our Resort Manager has called to discuss your stay, but hasn't been successful in reaching you.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

My boyfriend surprised me with an overnight stay for my birthday. We stayed in a Lakeside Villa. The ladies at check in were great, we got our keys and off to our room, our keys didn't work, but that was our only snafu all weekend. The room was beautiful....large and very clean. The shower was great. The jacuzzi tub in our room was clean and very relaxing, however it did take a long time to fill up but was good when it finally filled up. We went up to the lounge for the afternoon activities.....sadly the CXO only played 2 games which took about 10 mind total that was a little disappointing cause then you had to wait over an hour for the next activity. Dinner was an Italian buffet.....bad night for me to be there as I'm deathly allergic to dairy ( cheese) but my boyfriend said the Italian food was delicious. I did get to eat a few items which were also delicious. Our waiter was Holden....he was FANTASTIC....everyone should ask for him!!!!! The nights activity on the lounge was good, the band was a Woodstock tribute band they were ok....the comedians. Were next they were good.....the headliner was JP justice.....he was HYSTERICAL......km fairly certain my sides still hurt from laughing 3 days later. A ittlle expensive but not bad at all for a overnight get a away. All in all a great experience and I'm definatly looking forward to visiting the other resorts in the chain.

• Stayed March 2013
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Happy birthday robin3969! We look forward to seeing you at Cove Haven or Pocono Palace.
Ulster Park, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

My husband I went here this weekend an I was a little skeptical about spending so much money for a short weekend getaway. However, though a little pricy I did love it. The room was immaculate and comfy and I loved having our own pool in the room. Very cool! Liked the heart shaped jacuzzi and the round bed....all of it was fun and kitschy. The chicken at the dinner buffet was not hot enough and neither was the bacon at the breakfast buffet. The food was tasty though especially the rib eye. Portions were generous. The female bartender was not all that friendly however in the night club. Both nights I ordered from her she seemed out of sorts and resentful. The rest of the staff however were attentive and seemed to enjoy their jobs. I would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Paradise Stream Resort, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Than you for recommending us Martha F. Hope to see you again!

Been to Paradise Stream Resort? Share your experiences!