“All good!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Mount Pocono
Sao Paulo, SP
“All good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Stayed there for a weekend and both my girlfriend and I really enjoyed our stay. Very friendly and helpful staff, comfortable and cozy room, very good location nearby the local Cassino and Camelback mountain.
Definetely would come back.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
gmpa310, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
We are glad to hear that you had a great time at our hotel. Thank you for your comments. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Anthony J. Regan, Sr. CLM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Park Ridge, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

Kenny @jody we stay here often an always enjoy our stay nice rooms nice staff an clean .front desk people always helpful .very close to highway casino bailys restaurant camel back good break fast included an an the rate is always fair. The other hotels in the area are old beat up places . Been traveling to poconos for many years this is one of the newer hotels an yes I have looked for any signs of bed bugs could not find any .looking forward to going back then a 120dollars an night is fine with me I do not normally rate hotels but this is a good spot to spend a couple nights with out breaking my wallet .wolf lodge not far. Jack frost camel back an horse back riding ?...."".............."lwhat do haft to is a famil hotel

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
gmpa310, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Dear Kenny & Jody,

Thank you for your great review on our hotel. It is always a pleasure to see you and the family when you come to the hotel, its like you are family. I will make sure to pass your comment over to the staff, we do our best to make sure all of guests have a good enjoyable time with us.

Thanks again, hopefully we will see you again in the near future.

Anthony J. Regan, Sr. CLM
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

I have nothing bad to say about this hotel. Reasonably priced. Conveniently located, easy to find right off the highway. Decent sized rooms, AND very clean. Very comfortable beds and pillows. A better quality breakfast than some Comfort Inns I've stayed at. Cozy, well appointed dining/lobby area. Good WiFi connection, quick.
My hat is off to a very cordial, hospitable, helpful, and accommodating hotel manager and his pleasant staff. Keep up the good work. I truly appreciate nice people.
Any questions...feel free to inbox me.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
gmpa310, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel.

Anthony J. Regan, SR.
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

First time in my life seeing a bedbug!!!! Terrible experience!!! Had to drive home 3 hours and threw a lot of my new clothes that were just bought!!!!! The lady at the front desk told me if I can bring the bug to her!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2013
Bowie, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I stayed at the comfort inn suites in mt. Pocono from October 9th to October 11th. My first night there was to the least if my expectations. Some of the cable channels were not working. The heat would go in and out. The view outside the window was nothing but high weeds. My second day at the hotel when me and my husband went down straits for breakfast we were starred down as if we were some type of aliens. There was even a guest who was pointing at us. After feeling very uncomfortable we decided to not eat breakfast at the hotel. That night as we decided to get in the heart shaped jacuzzi we notice dirt coming out of the jets. After deciding not to get in, we packed our bags and decided we would check out at 11:00 on the dot. The final morning of our stay I woke up with over 50 bites all over my body and was in the worst pain ever. My husband and I began stripping the bedding off where we noticed we were sleeping with bedbugs. After showering,as I got out if the shower I noticed there was a bedbug in the bathroom. My husband and I took pictures and even made a video of what was in the bathroom. While checking out I told the manger about the bedbugs and he didn't seem surprised. I showed the manager pictures of the bedbugs and he told me that the picture was not taken at the hotel because the bathroom tiles were different. Luckily my cellphone tells the location of where a picture was taken. After walking back to the room and going to the location where the picture was taken the manager then switched he statement saying it looked like a spider. I zoomed in on the picture and he then changed his statement again saying it was in fact a bedbug. I was told I would receive a refund for my stay. Luckily my husband was not bitten as bad as I was. We had to drive close to 5 hours in what I can say was the worst pain I ever experienced. On top of that we had to throw hundreds of dollars of clothes and luggage away. Besides losing money on clothes,shoes, and luggage I was unable to work because my job said it was a health issue. I went to the emergency room where I received cream to put on my body. After my scare I decided to read reviews (which I did before booking the room) and I saw a review which was written about 3 days before I checked in and the guest had a similar review to mine. I went back months and saw that the issue with the bedbugs is something that gas been going on for awhile and obviously has not been properly taken care of. I wouldn't reccomend my worst enemy to stay at this hotel because my experience was just that bad.

• Stayed October 2013
gmpa310, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
I’m concerned about the problems you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. I’m writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.
We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it’s disappointing to learn that you’re unhappy.
Please accept my sincere apology. I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we received from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we’re doing right, what we’re doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.
Please be assured that the issues you’ve raised have been addressed, and the appropriate action has been taken. We take this matter very seriously, and it is a shame that people can bring them into our hotel from the outside. This matter was handled by a professional and the problem was solved.
Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.
We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.
Hallstead, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Anthony, the manager of this hotel, is one of the nicest and most caring hotel managers I have ever met - bar none. The man is awesome. He takes his job very seriously and does anything within his power to accommodate guests. He is A1 in my book, as are the rest of the staff I met there. The owners are very nice, as well. It is readily apparent that both the husband and the wife are very hardworking people who are striving to make this hotel a very nice place to stay. It is clean, the service is excellent and it is overall a very nice with one major exception - there is an infestation of "unmentionable insects" in at least some of the rooms (several that I can personally attest to). I did not imagine this problem. I literally eye-witnessed the offending creatures with my own eyes........and suffered the consequences of their bites - lots and lots of them. In fact, I sustained huge (very itchy) welts developing all over my body - perhaps 40 or so bites in total.

I don't think the owners take this matter seriously and absent that, there is just so much the (very nice and accommodating) staff can do. This fact is really a shame because the owner-wife is esp hard-working and conscientious. I was very impressed with her and I greatly admire her obviously strong work ethic. She is a great lady, very friendly - overall a very nice person - but, simply put, I don't think either owner truly understands the gravity of this matter. A little more education on this count and how to properly address it would be in order. This situation is a potential disaster waiting to happen.

Room Tip: Please AVOID the third floor.
Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Millbury, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I just go back from a three night stay at this Comfort Inn and definitely go back.

I was able to book a room with a heart shaped jacuzzi, which is a trademark of the Poconos area. The beds was one of the most comfortable hotel beds I have enjoyed in a long time. The employees were all very nice. When checking in one employee came up to our floor to make sure that our keys worked properly because they had several issues. Also, our hotel rate included a free breakfast.

The hotel was in a good location convenient to many attractions. It also had a large plaza right next door with several fast food restaurants, and stores to get things if you forgot.

Only two small things I would have changed. One is the room was a Jacuzzi suite so more than two towels would have been nice. I am not sure if their was shortage because the final night of our stay when the hotel was more empty we did get 4 towels. The other thing to be aware of is what looks like the concierge in the lobby ( she was very nice and knowledgeable about the area) but she was part one of the vacation clubs in the area.

Bottom line, I would go back to this hotel next time I head to the Poconos.

Room Tip: They have several suites but once they are booked they are gone.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!