“Eaten Alive "BED BUGS"” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Mount Pocono
South Orange, New Jersey
“Eaten Alive "BED BUGS"”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

My husband and reported to housekeeping that there may be bed bugs in our room. After contacting the manager who eventually came to our room and told us that the bugs were fire bugs. Well, my husband killed one and kept it, to only find out the manager was did not know what see was talking about, they were indeed BED BUGS!!! My poor husband had an allergic reaction and had to seek medical attention last night and according to the doctor, the reaction to being bitten is not immediate and as a result my husband has welts all over his body and as for me I was bitten on my arms, legs, neck and back. The manangement changed our room and refunded us for the second night. However, I hope she wasn't brushing us off because we didn;t make a big deal about it because we took her word. As the old saying goes, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR" I will never stay there again nor will I ever recommend this location. My husband and I look like we have the chicken pox and I pray that we didn't bring those critters home with us. The consequences of trying to save a full dollars was'nt worth it!!!

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

We stayed at the Comfort Inn Mount Pocono when we were both in a wedding at the Skytop Lodge about 30 minutes away (and we couldn't afford the rates there).Originally we had only planned staying Saturday night, but the pre-wedding festivities went later than anticipated on Friday evening and ended up calling the hotel at 10 p.m. to see if there would be any way to get a room that night as well. Thankfully, they were more than happy to accommodate us! We arrived around 11 p.m. and got checked in right away; the night manager did some maneuvering so we could be in the same room both nights and not have to switch. Hugely convenient!

The room was extremely clean and comfortable (possibly even more so than some of the rooms I saw at Skytop where our friends were staying) with plenty of space and a larger bathroom. There might have been some very minor wear-and-tear noticeable in some areas of the room (the vent, toilet lid, etc.) but everything important (bed, linens, TV) were in perfect condition. I believe there was even a mini-fridge. The room was very quiet considering a number of wedding guests were staying there that weekend. We had a great, much-needed sleep both night.

There were plenty of (complimentary) offerings for breakfast as well. Both mornings we were able to grab something before we drove back up to the wedding venue. He loved the waffles.

All in all, to be able to stay close enough to the wedding venue and save hundreds of dollars in room charges, and yet enjoy a very comfortable stay, we were extremely satisfied!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

The hotel was not bad at all. The rooms were clean and the staff was very friendly. When we arrived we asked if we could have an upgrade and the manager was more than willing to accommodate us. We stayed at the comfort inn and suites because the price of Mounte airy casino was very expensive for the holiday weekend. The hotel was only a short ride away and the casino was very good to us. Overall I would stay here again if I could not stay on the casino property.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

We were in town for a soccer tournament and had booked with the team at another "resort". When we arrived late Friday night to this other hotel, the room was so disgusting, we left immediately. Thank goodness I found this Comfort Inn online and was able to book a room for Friday night. The night staff was wonderful and courteous, especially after my ordeal at the other place. My only concern was I had no where to stay Saturday night due to the Memorial Day holiday. When the kids and I got up Saturday morning, the breakfast was great, and I spoke with the manager, Anthony Regan about the possibility of staying one more night. He was able to accommodate me for another night, and I was so greatly relieved to not have to move somewhere else. The staff and the accommodations were top notch, and I would definitely stay here again. Thanks again for salvaging our trip for us!!!

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
gmpa310, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
Thanks for taking time out of your busy day for your review. I am happy that you found our hotel and our staff top notch. I am also pleased that you did not have to move to another hotel for another night. I am always greatful when I can help out one of our guests. I'm glad you had a great weekend, and we look forward to your next visit with us.

WANAQUE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

This is our third stay at this Comfort Inn and as allways it was a pleaseure. The mannager Anthony is outstanding. He went out of his way to let us check in early and enjoyed our stay. We used the pool and found it enjoyable as well. If you are looking for a plesent enviroment to stay and relax I will reccomend this hotel and mannager. We plan on going again and using this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
gmpa310, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 28, 2012
Thank you for your great review. We are glad you once again enjoyed your stay here with us. I always like to treat our guests like family and I always like our guest to feel at home, and I am glad that we did both. We look forward to your next stay with us.

WNY, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

The manager of the hotel was awesome. This was a stop back from my daughters graduation at Penn State University Park. We have friends in the Mount Pocono area and wanted to stay over one night. The hotel is well located off Route 380, plenty of parking. The manager allow us to check in early to our room that was a big plus. The room was very clean and decent, but a little dated. The bathroom could use a little renovation. I was just shocked that it had 2 full size beds. I mean, I thought in this day and age the minimum requirement was queen size. The bed was comfortable. I was advised by tripadvisor member about bed bugs so I was horrified, but had no other choice. To prevent any problems, we pretty much placed or pj's and change of clothes in a plastic bag and that's what we brought to the hotel. Our luggage stayed in the car. The first thing I did was take apart the bedding and check everything, but the thought never left my mind. We kept all of our stuff in the bathroom shoes and all. I did not see any bed bugs in our bed or any crawling creatures anywhere in the room. Thank god. The hotel has an indoor pool and gym, which we didn't use. the hotel was at full capacity as I believe there was a wedding party going on. The 3rd Floor was very quiet even though I saw children getting ice. There was a complimentary breakfast, but seriously who gets up by 10:00 am on Sunday after the long day and drive??? There are plenty of places to eat by Route 611. There's a Kmart, Walmart, and supermarket within walking distance. Overall, good experience.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
gmpa310, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Thank you for your review, we are glad that you were able to check in early and found our hotel clean and BUG FREE. We hope to see you again when you are in the area, and BEST OF LUCK TO YOUR DAUGHTER.

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here overnight and found that the room was pretty clean. The service from the front desk staff was excellent, some of the best service I've come across. This could be a better hotel with some updates or a remodel.

Stayed May 2012

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!