“Good value, beautiful location” 4 of 5 stars

Econostay Motel
2500 Route 940 East, Mount Pocono, PA 18344   |
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Mount Pocono
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Good value, beautiful location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I was impressed by the beautiful view of the mountains, trees and quiet country road it's on. The staff spoke English. The Econostay Inn is built of brick, and my room had a microwave, fridge, and good chairs on the outdoor walkway. It's negatives are that it's on the run down side, not the cleanest, and there were no drinking glasses in my room. The closet was a white wire rack on the wall. But, hey, the price was right. Next time I'll bring my own cup.
It is family-friendly, spaciously landscaped, with places to BBQ, a swimming pool, basketball court, & coin laundry. People even had their pets with them! If price is important, you like an outdoorsy, family-friendly environment, & you are tolerant of 'immigrant workers,' then try Econostay. Look on Rte. 940 for the big, bright sign with the yellow VW Bug in front of it.

Room Tip: The smoking rooms are further off the road than the non-smoking rooms. The second floor rooms have i...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Palm Coast, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We were staying in the Poconos for our family reunion. We found this place after our original choice in motels we found had closed. This motel was one of the most quiet and peaceful places we have stayed in a long time. The motel is surrounded by woods, and at night it was so peaceful. The staff was friendly and the Manager Chris even made us up maps to the hall where our reunion was being held. We will be staying here when we come back to visit family again.

Room Tip: Ask for a non smoking room or the room we had room 102
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Mount Pocono, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I have been living at the ecostay for the past 8 months. because they allow me to have my dogs here i am quite pleased. It isn't the Ritz, but i have made it home. The staff is always helpful. Chris, the manager, is very knowledgeable and a great help. the location to all attractions is awesome! once i find a home for myself it will be sad to leave my new found friends. every day they are working to improve the motel. If you are looking for a nice place to stay that isn't going to cost u a fortune i recommend the ecostay!
thanks for making my stay in the poconos welcoming and enjoying :)

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

I needed a place that would accept pets. so, I ended up here. at check in, I was greeted by friendly staff. my room was just ok. what I expected for the price. my overall experience was good. mount airy casino is 5 minutes away and my dog was very comfortable. remember, this is a motel not a hotel and I would recommend this to people traveling with pets. one last thing, if youre using a GPS.....you won't find it. the location is wrong. once I got into town I had to call for further directions. once again, staff was helpful.

• Stayed July 2012
Larchmont, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

I was lost in the shuffle and ended up without a hotel or even a decent motel to stay in over Tough Mudder PA #1 April 28th & 29th. I called Econostay and was met with a pleasant voice telling me that they had room and were even helpful with directions from my location at Pocono Manor. I had just worked a 12hr shift and was dead to the world tired. It's literally under 4 miles from the Manor. I didn't have much clothing packed and the clothes I'd worn that day were filthy from the mud and water. They had a washer and dryer and even had detergent for me to use. I've stayed in the more expensive hotels that surround the Manor and I can promise you, not only do you get quality, you get great service from the most accommodating people I've ever met. I am actually staying in the same room for the same great rate for Tough Mudder PA #2!!

Room Tip: Their single rooms (ie 101 - 107) are bar none the best. Hands down. A quiet area, with spacious roo...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Wellington, New Zealand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011 via mobile

We rung ahead while driving with 2 toddlers and were told that someone would wait up or leave a number to call, which was very generous given we didn't plan to arrive until after 130am. They were very friendly on arrival but the first 'non smoking' room smelt disgusting- full of smoke, fresh ash on the toilet seat and bathroom floor. I refused to take that room, host blamed new cleaner for smoking in there...
Next room just as bad, as were all the others in that block. As we prepared to give up and go somewhere else the host finally offered us a 'suite' in the renovated section. Horrible very loud old heating units, but at least the room was cleaner and didn't smell like smoke. I wasn't expecting the ritz for this price but I found the whole experience fairly traumatic and definitely wouldn't recommend it to anyone except those on a very tight budget...

• Stayed November 2011

Travelers are raving about these Mount Pocono hotels

Willow Grove, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

Last month I came here to get away from my every day life. Much better than it looks online. Fantastic! I was able to do so much. For example i went to the antique store to get something for my wife. She loved it! Also the manager chris was busy but very helpful. He told me everything i needed to know. overall amazing!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Been to Econostay Motel? Share your experiences!