Even though this hotel is 25 mins away from Bushkill, it had the most decent rating so we chose to stay here. Turned out it wasn't a very good choice.
An hour before scheduled checkin, we received a call that the hotel inventory was wrong and we would not be staying in the King Non Smoking that we booked. They could only give us a King Smoking or Double Non Smoking. After much debate on canceling due to THEIR error, the manager supposedly wasn't available to authorize waving the penalty for cancellation. It seems pretty intentional that calling us an hour before allowed checkin instead of notifying us the day before & possibly giving us the chance to cancel was very wrong on their part. Even after checkin, I received 2 more phone calls saying there was a problem with our room. Lack of communication between hotel front desk personnel and their call service should not have penalized us.
We were forced to choose the double beds and THEY WERE AWFUL! First they were both extremely low to the ground and weren't even comfortable to SIT on, let alone sleep in. Second, they were both very shaky. As soon as one of us moved, the whole bed shook, A LOT, it was like the bedframe itself was not stable. Neither one of us slept at all.
While the room, fridge, and microwave appeared pretty clean, the bathroom was a different story. The showerhead was covered in mold or some other black substance. We didn't shower before checking out. The mirror frame was peeling apart above the sink... appeared to be this way for years without any attempt to repaint it.
The hallway from the front desk REEKED of smoke. I noticed the rooms between the front desk and our rooms were smoking, while our room and those after our room were non-smoking. Our room did not smell like smoke, but did smell of old musty cologne. Not sure if this was normal for an older hotel or just a cover up for residual smoke from close proximity to the smoking rooms. Smoking rooms should be in the back of the hotel, not immediately next to the front desk.
Lastly, if you don't want to hear your neighbors 3am "business", then you may not want to stay here. The walls don't block much noise (at least much less than any other hotel we've ever stayed in), which added to our already high level of discomfort attempting to sleep before our long drive home.
One positive thing to say was the front desk ladies were nice and apologetic. None of the issues we had were directly their fault.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the Pocono Mountains region, the hotel is close to many area attractions and points of interest. This Mount Pocono, PA hotel is minutes from Mount Airy Casino, Alpine Mountain Ski & Ride Center, Camelback Ski Area, Camelbeach Waterpark and Pocono Raceway.Enjoy hiking and Pennsylvania's beautiful scenery at Bushkill Falls, featuring a series of eight waterfalls, the tallest of which cascades more than 100 feet. We have a convenient location and offer easy access to many nearby industrial parks, riding stables, ski resorts, and canoeing, fishing and white-water rafting areas. Find bargains at the nearby Crossings Premium Outlets shopping mall. A variety of restaurants and cocktail lounges can be found in the surrounding area. Guests of this Mount Pocono, PA hotel will enjoy amenities and features like:Free continental breakfastFree wired and wireless high-speed Internet accessFree local callsFree coffeeAfter a busy day, relax in the indoor heated pool. Be sure to take advantage of our on-site exercise room. Access to copy and fax services is offered for our guests. All guest rooms come equipped with, coffee makers, curved shower rods, hair dryers, irons, ironing boards and cable television. Non-smoking rooms can be requested.Weekly and monthly rates are available; contact the hotel for more details. For added convenience, laundry facilities are located on the premises.Whether traveling to Pennsylvania for business or pleasure, make the hotel your home away from home when visiting the Mount Pocono area. We look forward to serving you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hotel M, Mount Pocono reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn & Suites Mount Pocono Hotel Mount Pocono
- Quality Inn And Suites Mount Pocono
- Quality Inn Mount Pocono
- Mount Pocono Quality Inn