“Trip to Western Pa.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Clear Spring, Maryland
“Trip to Western Pa.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We had to make a trip due to a death in the family and stayed at this Hotel and it was a great 2 day stay for us considering the circumstances. The place is clean, staff friendly, breakfast is very good. I had told the front desk when I called about the circumstance and they gave us a funeral discount rate and that was very helpful to us. I would stay there again-no doubt.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Stacey B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mt. Pleasant-E Huntingdon, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Express Mt. Pleasant. We are sorry to hear about the circumstances surrounding your visit, but we are pleased that you were satisfied with your stay. We appreciate you taking the time to leave feedback with TripAdvisor, and hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I selected this Holiday Inn because it was located only one mile from where my granddaughter came to compete at Hot Spots Arena.
The hotel staff was very friendly. Our arrival was at 9:30 p.m. The Lobby was very attractive. The breakfast area was inviting. The room was very, very clean and nicely decorated. Everything was in excellent working order. The microwave and refridgerator in the room was a great touch for me as I like my morning tea first thing when waking up. there was also a coffee maker.
Used the "wake up call service" that was right on time.
we were given a little bag of goodies since I'm a Priority Club member.
Check out was effortless and once again, the staff thanked us for staying with them.

Room Tip: we had an end room which was nice. On the third floor
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights over the Christmas Holiday while visiting relatives and thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the HI Express. Our room was reasonably sized, with 2 beds, a chair with ottoman, desk with office chair, flat screen tv, fridge, microwave and coffee maker. We had enough room to store the luggage and presents for an entire extended family along with everything we brought to make the hotel room more like home. I even had space on the large bathroom counter to put my Keurig coffee maker. I'm sure the in-house coffee maker was fine, but for that long of a stay over a holiday I just wanted my Keurig and my selection of coffees, teas and so forth.

The bed linens were very nice, with the modern duvet with sheets on either side of it and foot "throw" that the higher end hotels have switched to instead of bedspreads. We had enough pillows that we could have had the niece and nephews over for a pillow fight and had pillows for everyone (Don't worry HIE, we didn't!). The wifi was fast enough and we didn't have any issues with connectivity although we could have used a few more outlets to plug stuff into. Luckily we brought a power strip and could swap out things because lets face it, for that long of a trip you tend to end up with multiple laptops, tablets/e-readers and phones that all want juice. There was plenty of hot water, tons of towels and the quality of the bath supplies like shampoo and conditioner was very good.

The free breakfast was really good, and I wish we'd managed to take advantage of it more then twice during out stay. But sometimes a bit more sleep is more important, particularly after a long day of traveling. The breakfast was always fully staffed and the ladies were rushing around adding things right up to the end of breakfast, or more importantly when the people were done eating. I hate it when you arrive an hour before breakfast is over and there's nothing left and nothing more being put out. Both on the weekend and the weekday we ate there we had a ton of options to choose from. Several kinds of juices, cereals with milk, yogurt, fresh whole apples, oranges and bananas, sausage, bacon, omelettes, scrambled eggs, sausage gravy, hot biscuits, pancakes made to order by a machine, hot cinnamon buns, the usual toast-able items plus spreads AND French Toast you could toast. I'm sure I'm forgetting some things too besides the coffee/tea etc.

Later in the day there was coffee available and at least once during our stay when I wandered into the breakfast area there were warm chocolate chip cookies available too. As another reviewer mentioned they had mints and coffee drops at the front desk, and mints were left in our rooms when they were cleaned. The housekeeping staff did a wonderful job keeping our room neat and restocking supplies.

This is an excellent place to stay if you're visiting anywhere in the area including Falling Water and Kentuck Knob. We definitely plan to return here in the future when we visit the relatives again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hershey, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

We opted to stay here instead of the Holiday Inn Express in Donegal, and glad we did. Costs 40% less and we were satisfied with the stay. Beds we just OK, room was clean, breakfast was very well run and reasonably tasty for HIE free breakfast. If we were in the area, we would stay there again

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I stayed here with my husband and small daughter. It was a great experience. The staff were very friendly. The room was clean and huge. Bathroom was large and clean. They even left mints in the room and had cough drops and coffee when you check in.. which was great since hubby had a slight cold that day. The breakfast was good and there was a large variety. Will stay again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We needed a place to stay for a night near Connellsville, and decided to stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Mt. Pleasant. We were very pleased! The staff was overly friendly upon check-in, check-out, and even just when walking by. They have complimentary coffee and tea, but also mints and cough drops (a nice perk you don't see often, which was especially helpful as my wife had been coughing). The wireless internet was fast and reliable, and the room was clean. The lobby was also in good condition and clean. There's no pool, but you know that going in. I'm a platinum Priority Club member, and they had a gift bag (just water & some snacks) waiting for me in the room (I did not get the feeling that they were nice to us only because I have status with them).

The free breakfast was the main selling pint that had made us choose the hotel, and we were not disappointed; the quality wasn't incredible (nothing fancy), but the food was plentiful and good. There are pancakes (push a button and a machine makes 2 pancakes right then), biscuits & sausage gravy, pre-made omelets (a bit bland), as well as cereal, muffins, etc. Again, it wasn't incredible, but much nicer than the typical continental breakfast offered at most places.

I would choose to stay at this hotel again if I needed a place in that area.

Room Tip: The hotel was not overly crowded; we didn't hear too much noise despite being by the elevator.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Normal, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Great Clean new hotel. Location was outstanding and the housekeepers cleaned our room early and did a great job. We were not able to check in early which would have been appreciated, but it was Sunday of a holiday weekend so completely understandable. They even offered us to pay $3 for additional guest for breakfast, which I thought was outstanding. However they were packed so we went down to the Eat&Park.

Room Tip: Front side room faces highway, but I did not hear a thing and I am a very light sleeper.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Mt. Pleasant-E Huntingdon? Share your experiences!