We stayed here for 5 nights over the Christmas Holiday while visiting relatives and thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the HI Express. Our room was reasonably sized, with 2 beds, a chair with ottoman, desk with office chair, flat screen tv, fridge, microwave and coffee maker. We had enough room to store the luggage and presents for an entire extended family along with everything we brought to make the hotel room more like home. I even had space on the large bathroom counter to put my Keurig coffee maker. I'm sure the in-house coffee maker was fine, but for that long of a stay over a holiday I just wanted my Keurig and my selection of coffees, teas and so forth.
The bed linens were very nice, with the modern duvet with sheets on either side of it and foot "throw" that the higher end hotels have switched to instead of bedspreads. We had enough pillows that we could have had the niece and nephews over for a pillow fight and had pillows for everyone (Don't worry HIE, we didn't!). The wifi was fast enough and we didn't have any issues with connectivity although we could have used a few more outlets to plug stuff into. Luckily we brought a power strip and could swap out things because lets face it, for that long of a trip you tend to end up with multiple laptops, tablets/e-readers and phones that all want juice. There was plenty of hot water, tons of towels and the quality of the bath supplies like shampoo and conditioner was very good.
The free breakfast was really good, and I wish we'd managed to take advantage of it more then twice during out stay. But sometimes a bit more sleep is more important, particularly after a long day of traveling. The breakfast was always fully staffed and the ladies were rushing around adding things right up to the end of breakfast, or more importantly when the people were done eating. I hate it when you arrive an hour before breakfast is over and there's nothing left and nothing more being put out. Both on the weekend and the weekday we ate there we had a ton of options to choose from. Several kinds of juices, cereals with milk, yogurt, fresh whole apples, oranges and bananas, sausage, bacon, omelettes, scrambled eggs, sausage gravy, hot biscuits, pancakes made to order by a machine, hot cinnamon buns, the usual toast-able items plus spreads AND French Toast you could toast. I'm sure I'm forgetting some things too besides the coffee/tea etc.
Later in the day there was coffee available and at least once during our stay when I wandered into the breakfast area there were warm chocolate chip cookies available too. As another reviewer mentioned they had mints and coffee drops at the front desk, and mints were left in our rooms when they were cleaned. The housekeeping staff did a wonderful job keeping our room neat and restocking supplies.
This is an excellent place to stay if you're visiting anywhere in the area including Falling Water and Kentuck Knob. We definitely plan to return here in the future when we visit the relatives again.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Mt. Pleasant-e Huntingdon Hotel Mount Pleasant
- Holiday Inn Express Mt. Pleasant-e Huntingdon Hotel
- Holiday Inn Mount Pleasant
- Mount Pleasant Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Mount Pleasant-Scottdale hotel, the newest hotel in the Laurel Highlands. This 2006 Newcomers Award Winner, 2007 Torchbearer Award Winner and 2008 Quality Excellence Award Winner is located not far from attractions like Hot Shots, West Overton Museums, Seven Springs, Fallingwater, Kentuck Knob, and OhioPyle.Great area for outdoor adventures at local wineries, golf courses, Idlewild Amusement Park, and Caddyshak Family Fun Park. If business brings you here, we are located near Sony, ABB, Paridigm Aerospace, National Envelope, Wal-Mart , Sheetz and Westinghouse near New Stanton. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Mt. Pleasant-E Huntingdon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.