“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Pennsylvania
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I stayed here with my husband and small daughter. It was a great experience. The staff were very friendly. The room was clean and huge. Bathroom was large and clean. They even left mints in the room and had cough drops and coffee when you check in.. which was great since hubby had a slight cold that day. The breakfast was good and there was a large variety. Will stay again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We needed a place to stay for a night near Connellsville, and decided to stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Mt. Pleasant. We were very pleased! The staff was overly friendly upon check-in, check-out, and even just when walking by. They have complimentary coffee and tea, but also mints and cough drops (a nice perk you don't see often, which was especially helpful as my wife had been coughing). The wireless internet was fast and reliable, and the room was clean. The lobby was also in good condition and clean. There's no pool, but you know that going in. I'm a platinum Priority Club member, and they had a gift bag (just water & some snacks) waiting for me in the room (I did not get the feeling that they were nice to us only because I have status with them).

The free breakfast was the main selling pint that had made us choose the hotel, and we were not disappointed; the quality wasn't incredible (nothing fancy), but the food was plentiful and good. There are pancakes (push a button and a machine makes 2 pancakes right then), biscuits & sausage gravy, pre-made omelets (a bit bland), as well as cereal, muffins, etc. Again, it wasn't incredible, but much nicer than the typical continental breakfast offered at most places.

I would choose to stay at this hotel again if I needed a place in that area.

Room Tip: The hotel was not overly crowded; we didn't hear too much noise despite being by the elevator.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Normal, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Great Clean new hotel. Location was outstanding and the housekeepers cleaned our room early and did a great job. We were not able to check in early which would have been appreciated, but it was Sunday of a holiday weekend so completely understandable. They even offered us to pay $3 for additional guest for breakfast, which I thought was outstanding. However they were packed so we went down to the Eat&Park.

Room Tip: Front side room faces highway, but I did not hear a thing and I am a very light sleeper.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Granite City, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Had a wonderful experience here. Very clean, very nicly decorated. We selpt very well, the bedroom was so comfy and quiet. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful. We always enjoy the HIE breakfast. Coffee is hot, and choices are plentiful.

Room Tip: We like King rooms
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Clear Spring, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

The hotel is very nice and clean and the breakfast buffet is excellent. The only reason I am not giving this an excellent rating is there was a bug that i killed crawling up our wall in the bedroom. I searched the room over thoroughly under the bath sink, furniture, microwave, refrigerator, etc. and did not see anything more and took the bug to the front desk (which they kept the bug for the manager to see ) and showed them and they said they would notify the manager (I told them if we seen anymore we would be leaving) and we did not see anything more. I would not hesitate to stay again at the hotel and if I felt there was a issue I would have left immediately so I want to be fair. The manager/staff did not say anything to us so not sure what they will do, but the place is very clean and the staff is very nice,

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I arrived at the Holiday Inn Express Delmont (where I was staying for the week) at about 2am on the morning. Through a booking error on my part, I hadn’t booked properly to have a room for that night, and there were no rooms available. I had taken a car service from the airport, and did not have my own transport.

Marty was at the front desk, and he contacted several hotels in the area in order to find me a room for that night. He eventually contacted the Holiday Inn Express Mt Pleasant, which did have a spare room. Marty told me that he would offer to take me to the other hotel, but he was the only person on duty, and so he couldn’t. Fortunately, Phyllis from Holiday Inn Express Mt Pleasant was able to come to Delmont and pick me up and take me to Mt Pleasant.

When I checked out of the Mt Pleasant hotel the following morning, one of the desk staff (I don’t know her name) offered to take me back to Delmont, which I gratefully accepted.

When I checked in at Delmont, the lady on the front desk arranged to have my room prepared for me straight away, and I was able to go to my room within about 15 minutes.

I am very impressed with the level of customer service displayed by the staff. If I am ever in the area again, I would most definitely have the Holiday Inn Express Delmont and Mt Pleasant on my list of places in which to stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

This was unfortunately only a one night stay. Had a huge room with a hot-tub. Unfortunately no time to use it but it was impressive. The hotel breakfast wasn't anything too amazing however they had a cute instant pancake machine which I quite enjoyed.

Mt Pleasant is a really nice area and we spent the evening at the nearby Evergreen Drive-in which was a fantastic experience and one of the highlights of the trip.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express Mt. Pleasant-E Huntingdon? Share your experiences!