“stay in western pennsylvania” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Clear Spring, Maryland
“stay in western pennsylvania”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

The hotel is very nice and clean and the breakfast buffet is excellent. The only reason I am not giving this an excellent rating is there was a bug that i killed crawling up our wall in the bedroom. I searched the room over thoroughly under the bath sink, furniture, microwave, refrigerator, etc. and did not see anything more and took the bug to the front desk (which they kept the bug for the manager to see ) and showed them and they said they would notify the manager (I told them if we seen anymore we would be leaving) and we did not see anything more. I would not hesitate to stay again at the hotel and if I felt there was a issue I would have left immediately so I want to be fair. The manager/staff did not say anything to us so not sure what they will do, but the place is very clean and the staff is very nice,

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

45 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I arrived at the Holiday Inn Express Delmont (where I was staying for the week) at about 2am on the morning. Through a booking error on my part, I hadn’t booked properly to have a room for that night, and there were no rooms available. I had taken a car service from the airport, and did not have my own transport.

Marty was at the front desk, and he contacted several hotels in the area in order to find me a room for that night. He eventually contacted the Holiday Inn Express Mt Pleasant, which did have a spare room. Marty told me that he would offer to take me to the other hotel, but he was the only person on duty, and so he couldn’t. Fortunately, Phyllis from Holiday Inn Express Mt Pleasant was able to come to Delmont and pick me up and take me to Mt Pleasant.

When I checked out of the Mt Pleasant hotel the following morning, one of the desk staff (I don’t know her name) offered to take me back to Delmont, which I gratefully accepted.

When I checked in at Delmont, the lady on the front desk arranged to have my room prepared for me straight away, and I was able to go to my room within about 15 minutes.

I am very impressed with the level of customer service displayed by the staff. If I am ever in the area again, I would most definitely have the Holiday Inn Express Delmont and Mt Pleasant on my list of places in which to stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

This was unfortunately only a one night stay. Had a huge room with a hot-tub. Unfortunately no time to use it but it was impressive. The hotel breakfast wasn't anything too amazing however they had a cute instant pancake machine which I quite enjoyed.

Mt Pleasant is a really nice area and we spent the evening at the nearby Evergreen Drive-in which was a fantastic experience and one of the highlights of the trip.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Perris, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

The cleaning staff does a bang-up job keeping the building/rooms clean, and the desk staff as well as the breakfast crew are friendly and helpful. Breakfast is good. Adequate stairwell exits also, but on the north end you need to open the door slowly in the morning to avoid bumping the cleaning crew assembling there before starting work. During this stay, severe weather was coming through and for about a week I was resetting the clock almost daily as this place looses its' electricity quite frequently with lightning storms. The staff even posts signs at the elevator cautioning the use of the lift with these storms. Exit lighting okay for short outages, but have been here in prior years where the staff ends up bringing out flashlights to light the hallways as the emergency lights have dead batteries.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Hilton Head, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

We like the Holiday Inn Express chain of hotels for their overall value and consistent quality. We recently stayed at this one in Mount Pleasant and found it to be better than most HIExpress hotels. My wife noticed that they had a slightly better array of toiletries (shampoo, lotion, etc) and the rooms were clean and in good order. The front desk staff were friendly and gave us restaurant suggestions. We were visiting Frank Lloyd Wright's Fallingwater the next morning and this hotel was located about 30 minutes away...and so made a convenient overnight.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Mobile, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

The place was clean . The room was clean. The breakfast was average. Close to the highway. Only place to stay if you have buisness in Scottdale or Mt pleasant.The front desk was nice. Housekeepers on the third floor were nice and did a nice job. The lady at the breakfast area was not very friendly.
Lost of signs around about no alcoholic drinks in the lobby or halls. There is a price list in the room for The towels and other items should they be missing when you leave. A sign on the elevator said due to current weather conditions please use the stairs.( it was raining not storming) I understand the purpose but I have never seen signs like these in any other place I have stayed. They must have some rowdy people staying here.
The things that I did not like was that the room was very damp and humid. when climbing into bed the sheets almost felt wet.I have never experienced this in a hotel. Some of The equipment in the gym is broken.I like to stay where i can work out.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mt. Pleasant-E Huntingdon, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
Dear sam S,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased you liked the cleanliness at our hotel the and that you found our staff nice. I am sorry that you encountered some issues with our elevator service. I apologize that your room was very damp and humid and the gym equipment was broken. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. It is our regret that we fell below your expectations.

I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Lera M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Allentown (PA)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

• I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express @ 250 Bessemer Road Mt Pleasant (PA) for one night on business
• It is a “typical” Holiday Inn Express - overall clean, good shape, and comfortable
• Included free breakfast was above average for this class of hotel with several hot items (eggs, pre-made omelet, bacon, ham), make-your-own French toast & pancakes, and the usual continental breakfast items
• Included free WIFI worked fine on both my laptop and I-phone
• Very convenient access off local highway 119 and about ten minutes off PA Turnpike (I70 & I76) exit
• It is a five minute walk to a strip shopping mall that has an Applebee’s restaurant for dinner (and also a McDonalds)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Mt. Pleasant-E Huntingdon? Share your experiences!