“Excellent atmosphere … pass on the food.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Blairsville, Pennsylvania
“Excellent atmosphere … pass on the food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

First off this is probably one of the most unique restaurants we have been to. We had reservations and were greeted and taken on the tour immediately. It was an interesting tour and the service was absolutely amazing. The menu is very limited; the Coq auVin en Croute was horrible I couldn’t get past the first bite. The chicken coopersmith was decent my husband steak entrée had a random fish tooth on the plate by that time there was no point in complaining we just got the check and left. Its worth the first visit to check it out but to overpriced with the subpar food to go back again.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
“Excellent Wings, Good Beer, but Not For Everyone”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

If this was a wing-ratings site, I would give Bube’s five stars. Their tasty, non-traditional wings are very juicy, and the sauce offerings are excellent. I’ve tried most of the sauces and each one packs a unique flavor. My one complaint in regards to the wings is the $.50 charge for a tiny cup of ranch or blue cheese for dipping – most places don’t charge extra for a couple tablespoons of salad dressing.

As far as non-wing fare: The Bottling Works Fries are delicious dipped in the garlic aioli; the Reuben is good, average; the fried pickles (slices) are also good, but I’ve ordered them multiple times and the quality has ranged from perfectly hot and crispy to somewhat cold and soggy. Additionally, the service at Bube’s is generally poor and the Bottling Works area smells like old socks soaked in a weak chlorine solution.

To briefly summarize my dining experience in the Catacombs: The atmosphere is charming, intimate but the food is mediocre, so you pay for the ambience, not for the high-quality meal the prices may suggest.

Finally, the beer, brewed onsite, is above-average and they generally have four or five varieties on tap. While I patronize Bube’s quite frequently, I mostly go for wings, beer, and socializing; the smell doesn’t bother me too much and I accept the lacking level of service. It’s not for everyone.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lancaster County, Pennsylvania
“Do not recommend”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

The worst restaurant I have ever been too. We came right in the beginning of a feast, so the entrance was packed. We had to wait about 20-30 minutes for a table, which was outside. When we got seated ... there were plenty of open tables - just lack of servers. We waited another 20 minutes for our waiter to come over. He finally took our order ... the food didn't come out for another 45 minutes and after all that waiting, one of platters was totally wrong! SO here goes another 20 or so minutes, the people I was with were already done eating. The food finally came out, missing the curly fries, because we ate the ones with the messed up sandwich ... how cheap!!!! My friend couldn't resist, so before we left she asked to talk to the mgr/owner ... she was the absolute worse, she asked if we wanted dessert, which we did not. She basically said we lied on how long it took for the food to come out ... but what she didn't realize is how long the server took to come get our order. Bottom-line, I do not recommend this place at all. It's a shame it looks like a really cool place, but very poorly run. And for the mgr/owner to talk the way she did was unacceptable ....

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Stamford, CT
“Interesting place, acceptable food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

The place is really interesting, but the food is just ok. Heavy and lots of it, but not worth the cost.

Visited July 2014
Manheim, Pennsylvania, Usa
“"Not good at All"”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Ate in the catacombs at Bube's Brewery over the weekend and the food was ten times worse then the worst wedding food I have had. No flavor, overpriced for the quality and nothing special at all. The drinks were good, the tour was unique, but the food was so bad that it pretty much ruined the entire experience. The service was fine at Bube's, but they need a new menu and a new cook to ever get me back there!!!

• Visited June 2014