“Great food, great beer!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 43 Restaurants in Mount Joy
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations
“Great food, great beer!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

Bube's Brewery is one of the most hospitable restaurants I have been to! I did not feel silly for getting up and looking at things in the musuem or around the building! The catacombs was the perfect place to celebrate Halloween! Our server was professional and helped us move when we got sat next to another guest who chewed his food very loudly! I had the duck which was moist and tender, absolutely delicious! And the pumpkin beer was amazing! Thanks Bube's!

• 5 of 5 stars Food

willow street, pa
“Fabulous food and staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We had a large group in the catacombs.The service was stellar and the food was really good. The waitress who took care of us was right on the ball the whole evening. Eating in the catacombs was a whole new experience that I would recomend to everyone. Go to this place. It is like no other I have ever been to.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Colorado
“Excellent Setting, Excellent Beer, Excellent Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I never guessed looking at the outside of this place and from the quality of the hotel I was staying at that this gem of a restaurant was going to be my dinner spot.

The inside of this place is unique, fun, a little eerie even..but just a hoot. Walk through the whole the place...you will not regret it. Our waiter was informative, funny, and fast. I can't remember having a better waiter. He knew the history, he knew the beer, and I'll be damned if he didn't legitimately know the menu.

We had the appetizer sampler, three kinds of wings, and some fried pickles prior...

My dinner was half of the Rachel a turkey version of the Reuben with 1,000 Island dressing on rye. Very good. I was stuffed and couldn't eat it all.

The beer I chose was the Paranormal Porter, but tasted the Gozer and enjoyed it. Live music from three bands was also playing that night and the whole place is just fun.

I can recommend this restaurant to anyone with not hesitation.

Visited October 2012
“Beer yea - food nay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We were not in the Catacombs or Alois' -- we were in the bar. We arrived for a very late lunch (3:30ish) and decided just to have a couple of appetizers. Their wing flavor of the week was Gen. Tso's so we got an order of those and a sampler platter of fried zucchini sticks, fried pickles, onion rings, mozzarella puffs, and cheddar jalapeno poppers. I will say the atmosphere is excellent! Where we were would have been the perfect place for Halloween. Even the bathrooms were cool. My husband was very happy with his choices of beer (all brewed there). The food on the other hand was mediocre. The wings were not Gen Tso's at all, they were more Indian with a lot of curry. When I order Tso's, I expect sticky, sweet, and spicy. None of the three came through. The appetizers seemed like your run of the mill frozen and fried variety. The mozzarella puffs may have been homemade, but it was hard to tell. They also only brought ranch dressing for the appetizer platter. It would have been better with marinara, and a horseradish cream as well. There was also no blue cheese with the wings. If it were up to me I would not go back, but because the beer was so good my husband just might want to try it again....

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Pompton Plains, New Jersey
“Neat atmosphere but disappointing food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Our party of 5 had reservations, and our table wasn't ready, so we went into the bar for a drink. It was a really cool looking place, very crowded, people enjoying themselves. Some guys were eating at the bar and their French Onion soup looked so good, I decided I'd have that with my meal. Very cheesey, with a crostini or biscuity thing on top. We got a quick tour of the place on the way to our table in the Catacombs. We ordered drinks (which tasted like no alcohol and I think there wasn't any, even after a couple of them). The pretzels and dip they give you were really good. The french onion soup was just ok, nothing special like I saw upstairs, and no crostini on tiop. I got the stuffed steak that they said had tomatoes, basil and mozzarella. They didn't mention it was pureed sun dried tomatoes, which I hate, and the little balls o'mozzarella were so dried out I couldn't eat them. Couldn't taste the basil at all because the tomatoes were so strong. The steak was a bit underdone and on the tough side. Not worth $32. My friend had veal that she said was a bit dry, and another friend had the Trencherman's plate, and she did not like the crab cake at all. I also didn't like the fact that they had ghost tours with about 20 people traipsing through while you're trying to eat. Wish we had decided to eat at the upstairs in the bar, since the food looked better than it did downstairs, and was probably a lot less expensive.

Aside from food, the service was good, except for the fact that the "cocktail server" (in addition to the food server) forgot my drink and I had to ask again for it. We felt like we got gypped on our pre-dinner tour though, since the same young man who took us on our tour told more details about the place to subsequent diners. Lastly, don't believe it when they tell you that the dress code is business casual to dressy. If you are more comfy in jeans and sneakers, wear that, since that's what everyone else had on.

• Visited October 2012