“Endless activities, great owners = happy stay and happy kids!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rocky Acre Farm B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mount Joy
Rocky Acre Farm B&B
1020 Pinkerton Rd., Mount Joy, PA 17552   |
Ranked #2 of 11 Mount Joy B&B and Inns
Timbuktu, Mali
“Endless activities, great owners = happy stay and happy kids!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

We stayed at the Rocky Acre in September during our kids' holiday break from school. We actually surpised the munchkins. Had all of their little suitcases packed and squeezed into our back trunk. After a long tiring morning, we asked them to relax and take a nap in the car as we decided to go for a ride. They finally woke up and found themselves in Lancaster at this great b and b! The Benners were hospitable from start to finish. We stayed at their Guesthouse which was an apartment which was just a couple of minutes car ride from the main farm and breakfast area. The apartment had a separate entrance and a swingset and trampoline which totally made our kids' stay memorable and enjoyable. The Benner family was so warm and energetic. Mr. Benner took the kids around on a cute "caterpillar" ride and hayrides. He allowed eager kids to join in and help out which was so much fun. They had a beautiful porch swing, electric golf cart (which are free to use to roam their beautiful property) and a farm that they clearly loved. They really tended to the animals, and made sure they were well fed and healthy. The kids all had a chance to collect eggs, and the breakfast was abundant and impressive. Great stay - one of our family's favorites! The kind hearts of the owners was the icing. ;)

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

83 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

We wanted to start a family tradition with our grand kids, a place we could go to every year to relax and spend time together, but still get to do the " park" things. We have found it at Rocky Acres. Our kids, 6yr old twins and a 10 yr old, loved being on a farm. They couldn't get enough of the kittens, loved feeding the newborn calves, gathering eggs, wading in the creek, etc. We had hayrides, a pony ride, and rides in a cute little home made tractor. There are plenty of bikes, balls and scooters for the kids, even a golf cart for the grown ups. The atmosphere is most welcoming and the breakfast....the breakfast is out of this world delicious. All homemade food, and plenty of it will start your day off right. You'll love this place as much as we do. ( yes, we are coming back )

Room Tip: We stayed in the Guest house. It's a 10 minute walk from the main house, but it's nice if yo...
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I really hesitate writing a review - I don't want anyone else to find this place, and keep me from getting a reservation the next time. A delightful family B&B - kids rule here. The rooms have multiple beds to fit parents and kids. There are pony rides, rides in an adorable "tractor", a nice long hay ride through the neighborhood farms, a swing set, playhouse, bikes, wagons and other riding toys, a petting farm with goats, sheep and a pony. There is a golf cart families can take out to tool around the farm. A hen house and lots of baskets for the kids to take to collect the eggs. If you get up early enough you can help feed the new born calves, stay up until 9pm and assist with the evening milking. Prime ages for kids to visit Rocky Acre fall between 2-10, any younger and they won't get anything out of it. Any older and they may be too cool. Older kids are given extra privileges and are made to feel important. The breakfast was INCREDIBLE. Mrs. Benner and her daughters (and granddaughter) put out a spread at 8:15am to feed an army. I think I counted at least 10 dishes every morning. Go - if you can get a reservation.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

I'm not exaggerating. If you want to create fond family memories that will last a lifetime bring your family here. We came from New Mexico to go to Hershey Park and then go on to Washington D.C. the farm was beautiful and the people who run the B&B are very nice. The breakfasts were huge and great! There is a little river/stream a short walk down. You can float down it or use a kayake. My kids loved the little petting zoo and the baby goat. There are kittens/cats outside but they do not come in so there is no problem if you have allergies. The rooms are nice and clean. We even chased lightening bugs a couple of nights. We don't have any lightening bugs in NM. Best place we have ever stayed.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

We had very reasonable expectations for our stay on the farm and they were definitely met. Our room was beautifully appointed with a gas fireplace and a bathtub with jets. The breakfast was magnificent both mornings: eggs, corn fritters one day and corn soup the next, 3 varieties of pancakes, an amazing french toast casserole, turkey sausage, hash browns, fresh baked cookies, sugar cake, etc. We hardly needed lunch! There were plenty of farm activities each morning for our family to enjoy: gathering eggs, milking the cows, petting the sheep and goats, trying to feed the baby bulls, a barrel train ride, cool ATV ride and a long and scenic hayride to throughout the countryside. With all that, my kids' favorite activity was playing in the playhouse with the many kittens on the property. The planned activities end around 11 giving you plenty of time to explore Amish country. You don't get a huge welcome when you come in, but the staff is pleasant and will explain anything you need. Plus in room is a large binder that answers any questions. I liked the balance between activities and just being able to lounge around while my kids played with the animals and made fast friends with the other kids. This is not super glamorous, but was perfect for what we were looking for: a true farm experience for our kids. Super family friendly and Galen Benner will go the extra mile to make sure the kids are entertained every morning. Eileen has a great big personality and we enjoyed getting to know her and her great cooking!

Room Tip: Our room was the fireplace room and it was really lovely!
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

It has been a few years since I've stayed here and I remember that vacation with my two children as one of the best visits. We actually got to witness a newborn calf the next morning right after it was born. I defintely recommend going !

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Folsom, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I spent over a year researching and reading all of the Trip Advisor reviews on all of the working farm B&Bs in Lancaster County. Rocky Acre's reviews and website really caught my eye and I knew we had to visit. We were not disappointed at all. My expectations were exceeded with our stay. We stayed in the Efficiency Room for 2 nights in early June 2012. My children immediately found things to entertain themselves, with the basketball hoop for my two boys and the many cats and kittens on the property for my daughter. The playhouse was so cute and my daughter also loved playing in there with a new friend she made. The room was very clean and comfortable. The atmosphere of the entire farm was very charming and cozy. Mrs. Benner and her staff made such a delicious breakfast every morning and we always had more than enough to eat. They served everything from fresh fruit, muffins, pancakes, hashbrowns, scrambled eggs, and anything else you could think of. When I made the reservation, I made a dietary request, since we do not eat pork. The staff accommodated our family and only served turkey sausage while we were there. After breakfast, Mr. Benner entertained all of us with pony rides, a barrel train ride, a hayride and an ATV ride. He kept bringing out one thing after another and made sure everyone got a ride. I don't know how he could keep up with all of us. I know I would be tired doing that every day for the guests but he really seemed to enjoy making the guests happy. We also had an opportunity to bottle feed baby calves and collect eggs from the chicken coop. It was a great experience for our family. My children also saw fireflies for the first time and loved running around at night, trying to catch them. Holly was a gracious hostess and got the conversation going at the breakfast table and had us all introduce ourselves. We met a lot of nice people with children about the same age as ours. We would love to go back again when we get a chance!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Rocky Acre Farm B&B? Share your experiences!