“Great experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Morrisville
Santiago, Chile
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2015

Quick and personalized check-in.
They let you know if you are eligible for discounts (such as AAA and similar).
Comfortable room and very near parking lot.
Mrs. Pushpa had the best breakfast ready to seat-and-eat and for to-go.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
Comfort528, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn NJ State Capital Area, responded to this review, February 18, 2015
Thank you so much for the review of your recent stay at our hotel! We are happy to hear that our staff gave you personalized attention, which we always encourage them to do. I will make sure that Pushpa sees your review as well, which will make her very happy. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Oneonta, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2014 via mobile

All staff greeted me every time. Room was clean and bed comfortable. Motel was almost empty so it was nice that staff still cared. Fan in bathroom inefficient. Didn't eat free breakfast but it was very minimal.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed yourself while you were here and found our staff to be accommodating. We hope to see you again the next time you are in our area!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2014

We were visiting family in this area with our standard poodle. The hotel was able to accommodate
us with this. We liked the walking area for the dog, although with all the geese around, there was a lot of goose poop. The room was clean. I like having a microwave and refrigerator in the room. The staff was good, friendly and helpful. Breakfast was adequate, scrambled eggs, yogurt, cereals, muffins, fresh made waffles. We were happy with our stay, would stay again.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Comfort528, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn NJ State Capital Area, responded to this review, January 6, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us! We are happy to hear that you (and our furry guest) enjoyed our hotel. We hope to see you again the next time you are traveling to our area!
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2014

I stayed here for one night because the official hotel for the Trenton Half was booked by the time I knew I would need a room. I've had good experiences at other Comfort Inns so I figured this was a safe choice.

When I walked in the lobby looked like it was under renovation. Not a big deal.

What was a big deal? My room was filthy. Luckily, I only needed to crash so I didn't need to look too closely at the bathroom, but I saw enough to be glad I didn't need to shower. There were two beds but I couldn't tell which one was less stained so I opted to sleep on the chair. The rest of the furniture was half covered in dust (like someone had at least tried to clean it). The carpet was crunchy in spots. The whole place smelled weird. When I went to lock the door it moved up and down on its hinges.

I wasn't expecting the Ritz, if the beds had been clean I might not have even bothered to write a review at all. But this place was bad enough that I considered sleeping in my car. I should have complained to the front desk but it was already late, I had to be up very early, and I honestly doubt the other rooms were in any better shape.

I'm especially disappointed now that I've read all the thoughtful replies here by management. Words are nice. Clean rooms are better (and no one should have to complain to get one).

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Comfort528, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn NJ State Capital Area, responded to this review, November 14, 2014
Please allow my deepest apologies for the condition of your room during your recent stay with us. This is not up to our housekeeping teams usual excellent standards, and I have passed this review along to our Housekeeping Supervisor so that we can re-train our team. We do hope that you will give us another chance to make it up to you in the future.
Dix Hills, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2014

We were using this hotel for a family of 5 in conjunction with Sesame Place. The key factors for us were the included mini-fridge (not a simply cube, it had to be large enough to accommodate a 6 year old, 3 year old, and 1 year old), and a microwave, as well as being large enough to include a Pack N Play for the 1 year old to sleep in, and free Wi-Fi to entertain the older kids. Not only was the Comfort Inn able to hit all these factors, they did so in a clean and sizeable environment. Additionally, the Front Desk Staff person, NATALIA, was amazing, providing us with extra soap and toiletries in the middle of the night. While the area is not entirely pleasant, when one is in the hotel, it feels safe and secure. It is a 2 minute walk from a 7-11 for that late night Milk run (or whatever else you might need), and the Italian Restaurant delivers pizza (gluten free!) to your room. Add to all that, they provided a free breakfast that wasn't just donuts and danishes, but eggs, sausage, yogurt, fresh fruit. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Comfort528, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn NJ State Capital Area, responded to this review, November 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with our hotel! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and all of the amenities that we have to offer! I will make sure that Natalia sees your review and how much your family appreciated her! We hope to see you and your family again the next time you travel to our area!!
Huntsville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2014

The lobby was nicely decorated for Halloween and we had a warm welcome. Our room was a double queen, as reserved. It had two nicely decorated beds and an easy chair and ottoman squeezed in on the side of the bed adjacent to the window. The room has adequate walking space and landing space for luggage. There was a refrigerator and microwave in the cabinet that held the TV. The TV was the right size for the room. There was a safe in the room but we couldn’t get it to work. The bathroom had a nice long counter, which was needed because there is no towel racks of any kind. All the bath towels had to be stacked up on the end of the counter. The owners would be well served to, at least, install one towel shelf in the bathrooms as there is plenty of available wall space.

The internet was slow. You can hear trains going by if you are in rooms facing the freeway - you need to be aware. There were two outlets in the bedside lamp which were convenient for charging electronics.

Breakfast was very good and they had a super friendly attendant taking care of things. She even brought two newspapers to our table! They had good coffee with flavored creamers and delicious OJ. The sausage was delicious and I enjoyed their little cheese omelets.

There is a walk that starts from the hotel and takes you into NJ and around the capital. The walk is 5 km or 10 km. Just ask the person at the front desk for the walk box. The walk can be done for free or for “credit”; all the information needed is contained in the box. This walk is sanctioned by the American Volksport Association.

Room Tip: Get room facing away from the highway and train track if you are a light sleeper
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a detailed review! We highly appreciate you giving other guests great detail about our hotel! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and liked all of the amenities that we provide! As for the towels in the bathroom, we are currently renovating our bathrooms and are having shelving custom made for the towels underneath the sinks! Next time you visit, everything will be finished! Thank you again!
Queens, New York, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2014

The hotel is in kind of an unpleasant location hidden by a highway overpass, but it's convenient to Sesame Place, Trenton, Bucks County attractions etc. The hotel itself seems perfectly nice when you walk in -- looks up-to-date and well-maintained, and the staff was very nice both at check-in and check-out. The room also looked nice at first, but there were problems: (1) a strong smell of cleaning fluid that made me feel lightheaded (2) wet dirty towel on the bathroom floor when we got in (3) no shower curtain (4) toilet didn't flush. It was a late check-in and we were too tired to deal with switching rooms, but we were pretty unhappy.

I'm still giving three stars because the staff was very nice and I think if it had been earlier and we had asked to switch rooms they would have accommodated us. The room otherwise would have been very comfy.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Comfort528, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn NJ State Capital Area, responded to this review, October 1, 2014
We appreciate that you took the time to leave us such detailed feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am very sorry to hear that several things throughout your stay gave you a bad impression on our hotel. Please note that the concerns you mentioned have been passed along to our housekeeping supervisor. We do hope that you give us another chance as we will definitely improve our services.

Been to Comfort Inn NJ State Capital Area? Share your experiences!