“Mothers Day 2012” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Lake Ariel, Pennsylvania
“Mothers Day 2012”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

Mothers Day dinner ...when I made the reservations I was told that the menu was going to be smaller and the prices were going to be more.... They prices were almost double than regular. I think that $26.00 is way over priced for chicken marsala that comes only with a salad. the food was very good, but I feel that the prices were way too much!!! I definately will think about going back.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Pittston PA
“Fantastic food & reliable performance”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

I have frequented Amadeo many times. This place gets crowded on weekends / Friday. Plan ahead of time and make reservations. The food is excellent, good service, decent atmosphere, and adequate prices. They will start you off with one slice of the pizza cut in half and some chickpeas in a dressing. Order wise you can’t go wrong with any chicken broth based soup, caesar salad, chicken parm, chicken franchase, penne with vodka sauce, and the cheese ravioli (I normally prefer meat but their cheese rav is better). I was there once for New Year’s Eve and wouldn’t ever go back on that particular night. With their unwavering consistency, Amadeo’s will keep us coming back.
Food = 4/5 (excellent)
Price = 2.5/5 (good)
Service = 3.5/5 (very good)
Atmosphere = 3.5/5 (very good)
Overall = 3.5 out of 5 stars

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Olyphant, PA
“Nice restaurant, not the best Italian food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

We visited this restaurant because we received a gift certificate as a Christmas gift. While we enjoyed the atmoshpere, we found the food to be average at best. It is a lovely restaurant and the service was good, but the food was a little over priced and not the best Italian in the area. We sat at the bar before our meal and the bartender was very attentive and offered drink suggestions. I tried a specialty martini that was very good, but again over priced. My husband only had a beer which was average price for this type of establishment. After we finished our drinks, we were seated in the dining room and placed our orders. The service was good, but they did seem to cater more to the regular customers. We did enjoy the pizza they serve as a appetizer and if we were to go back to this place we would probably only order the pizza. I had a veal entree, which was okay, but the veal was so overcooked it didn't have a very nice texture. My husband orderd meat ravioli which were very good, but not worth the price. I am not saying we wouldn't go back, I'm just saying that our meal choice would be different. We will usually give a place another try if we are not totally satisfied with our first visit.

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania, United States
“amazing restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

our first time at Amadeo's was a wonderful, satisfying experience! the staff was great, friendly, attentive. the atmosphere was lively, busy, enjoyable. and the FOOD was AMAZING! we are planning our next time there with DIFFERENT friends, so it can be THEIR new FAV restaurant!

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania
“Not the best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

I went to Amadeo's with my husband and friends to celebrate the holiday season. The decor was fine and the service was average. Rumor had it that the food was good. It was only average as well. I could have prepared better Italian cuisine in my own kitchen and I'm not even Italian!! They did serve pizza as an appetizer which was good. My husband had a beer on tap which had an odd taste to it, so he sent it back and substituted a bottled beer. I was prepared to give it another try until I discovered that my friends felt the food wasn't the best either. Maybe I'd go back for the pizza.

• Visited December 2011