“A Good Local Italian” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
“A Good Local Italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

The restaurant looks out toward the minor league baseball field, but when we were there, the season was over and it was raining anyway. Not to worry; the food was very good and reasonably priced. Service was good also, but it was a quiet night so the waitress could check on us without being obtrusive.

Visited September 2013

Hatfield, Pennsylvania
“Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

First time visitor. Only wish I didn't live 2-1/2 hours away. I visited the Matteo's location next to the baseball stadium. Too bad a game wasn't going on - could have watched it from the parking lot. Great lunch!

• Visited September 2013
Mount Laurel, NJ
“High priced food for what you get overall”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Read the reviews but this was close to our hotel. Atmosphere was lacking. Bar, main dining room and outdoor dining needed work. Staff was pleasant.
Not a great wine selection or for that matter, beer or mixed drinks. Italian restaurant with only one Italian wine choice. Our bar tab for a basic chianti and martini was $16. Too high for what we got. All of the wine choices came in the extra large bottles.
Entrees were overpriced for what you get in atmosphere and amenities. Bread was ...okay.
Penne with meat sauce was $19. Same as some of the meat entrees.
There are many Italian places in the area to try. Won't be heading back anytime soon.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Conyngham, Pennsylvania
“Hidden Treasure .... Awesome View”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

My husband and I, along with my parents stumbled upon this restaurant! We were on our way to a baseball game and looking for a place to have dinner before the game. Every place around the area was very busy, and had a wait time to be seated. This place didn't look busy (which usually throws a red flag to me), but we took a chance and went in and were pleasantly surprised. The restaurant is nice inside, but the outside seating is even better! The view is awesome, and you can see the stadium (PNC field at Montage) from your table outside. We were seated immediately by the hostess who was very friendly, as well as the waitress who came over to take our drink orders quickly. Everyone enjoyed their meals and the portions are big, so bring your appetite. My husband ordered the calamari appetizer, which was large enough to share, or to eat as a dinner. He also ordered the antipasto salad for his dinner, which was smaller than he expected. The waitress or kitchen did mess up my order, Cheese Ravioli with the Marinara sauce. I ordered cheese and got meat filled. I told the waitress that I got the wrong dish, and she offered to take it back, and get me the right one, but I was fine with keeping it, as it was so good. The ravioli and the marinara sauce was one of the best I tasted, next to my homemade food. They have a very big menu, including a children's menu. The prices were reasonable and we will definitely go back to eat here again.

• Visited August 2013
Shohola, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful Surprise Great Food and Awesome View Fantastic Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

My wife and I visited while our daughters went to the movies. We decided to have a couples evening with wine and simply just appetizers. We asked the waitress to seat us outside, but was a little chilly and she graciously moved us back inside after we felt chilled.

My wife loves white and she had the best Chardonnay we ever had. My Merlot was good.

Orders the fired Calamari and Antipasto Platter. Both were perfect and enjoyable.

We ended up with coffee and a fantastic Tiramasu for dessert.

Again, service was fantastic. Will definitely come again. Actually planning to go this coming week with some out of town guests.

Can't wait.