“Another good Hampton experience” 4 of 5 stars

Park, Stay & Go
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Moon Township
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Medellín, Colombia
“Another good Hampton experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

As a regular Hampton client wherever I go to, I have to say thi was once again a good stay. I stayed a couple nights during a very busy weekend because of the home game the Steelers had and had a very good experience, with very little complaints, that did not have a negative outcome.

Things I liked:
- Very good rooms
- The free shuttle to and from the airport
- The friendly staff (almost all) specially the girls who helped me during the check in and the couple drivers I met (shuttle service)
- Breakfast options

Not so good...

- Maybe the location, though in 20 minutes you're downtown. If you don't have a car and need to be going into the city constantly, think about another option.
- My room's toilet wasn't working properly and I heard another customer complain over the same issue

I would certainly stay there again... very good option.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
HamptonInnPghAirport, General Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear Columbia Juan,
Thank you for your detailed post! I always enjoy hearing from our guests and truly value the feedback you provided. Thank you for the compliments in regards to our customer service as well as rooms and breakfast options! I am also happy to report that we have worked through the toilet issues we were experiencing the weekend of your stay. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. We do hope that you will stop and see us upon your return to the area! Safe and happy travels to you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Spring Grove, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We arrived Saturday evening October 6th. The motel was full and the staff was very busy. Emily and Lyndsey(not sure of spelling) were very nice and advised me of directions to Heinz field for the next morning and also told us where the local restaurants were. The breakfast bar was very nice and the room was clean. I would definately stay there again when we come to Pittsburgh to see the Steelers.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
HamptonInnPghAirport, General Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear Ken S.,
Thank you so much for your post! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We are excited to share that our lobby and breakfast area renovations are in full force and expected to be finish by the end of the month so you’re next stay with us will be even better! Thank you again & hope to see you soon!
Radford, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Wonderful staff, very clean. Close to airport and nearby fast food options, including Sheetz gas station (which serves food). This was an 8 day business trip and all needs were met. Free shuttle takes guests to airport and local Target for shopping. No in room safe. Water pressure is not impressive. Smoking rooms available. Did I mention the fabulous customer service? Excellent.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Greenville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

This location is not on the airport property. Actually, it is about three miles from the airport, but well worth driving a few miles. The rooms are too notch, the breakfast bar is very good, and the staff treats you well. Add great prices and thus Hampton Inn makes a lot of sense.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

This inn is convenient to the airport and to Sewickly where were headed to a wedding. They accepted our dog with no extra fee. The breakfast bar was particularly nice although--there were five tables with no chairs! The hotel was full and there were plenty of frustrated people about finding no place to set. Tsk. tsk. The rooms are quite small but adequate. For this price and convenience it was just fine.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator unless walking is a problem.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
HamptonInnPghAirport, General Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Sandra Z,

Thank you for your post! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found both our location and breakfast to your liking! We are preparing for our lobby and breakfast area renovations beginning in October that will add a number of new seating options to accommodate more of our guests during busy mornings! Thank you again for you post and choosing our hotel! It is our pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Philippi, West Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

My husband and I stayed here on our wedding night as we were flying out the following day for our honeymoon. We thought the Stay and Fly rate was a good deal. Upon our arrival, my husband was told where to park as they were working on the parking lot. We were assured the location would be fine.

Fast forward 9 days. We notified the shuttle upon our arrival at the Pittsburgh airport...3 different times. Each time we were told he must have just missed us and would be another 20 minutes. After over an hour of waiting on the shuttle driver, he FINALLY arrived. I felt in danger while riding with this young man. I wasn't sure if he was drunk or high, and my husband said the driver was dozing off. We were going 40 mph and running off the side of the road. My husband almost offered to drive. Upon returning to the Hampton Inn by only the Grace of God, he asked where we parked and my husband told him our car wasn't there. He nonchalantly told us cars were towed due to the paving.

Upon going back into the hotel to see what the deal was--why were we towed, etc, we then talked to the assistant GM and the man in charge of the paving. I was very upset and wasn't sure if they had potentially damaged my vehicle or ran my battery down from my alarm system (he did comment about how loud my alarm was). We also told them about our dangerous ride from the airport. They fed us both a line of BULL in what seems now to be an effort to get us out of the hotel (very well disguised as an apology). They said they would send my husband a credit for a free night stay and a dinner at a local steakhouse. Six weeks later, this never arrived. I'm not wanting to get something for free, but it seems to be poor customer service to tow a paying customer's vehicle, endanger our lives with the sleepy driven, and then make promises to make things right and not follow through!!

We thought the hotel was nice enough and a great location and good deal with the stay and fly feature, but I feel extremly VIOLATED after my dealings with this hampton inn!!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear WVU Susan,

First and foremost, I send you my sincerest apology. We take great pride in providing each one of our guests above par service and accommodations while they are a guest of ours. From your post, it is clear that you did not experience such. We take our guests feedback very seriously and truly value and act on information received. I have reviewed your post in great detail with our associates and seem to have some conflicting information. Your satisfaction is our absolute priority and I would like to speak with you directly. Please contact me at your convenience so we can resolve this quickly for you.
Staten Island, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I have stayed here before and because of the past positive experience decided to stay again.

Overall it was decent. My only gripe is there were dirty towels left in my bathroom; hanging on the door. I guess I have two gripes....the water in the iron was not emptied so I have no idea what spilled on my shirt when I went to iron it. Those two issues turned me off.

Also, no HH Diamond ammenities; i.e. water, snack, etc. When you travel a lot you come to expect what should be well expected!

Free breakfast was typical HI.
Gym is decent and equipment worked fine.
Free parking and free internet are always a +.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear Kuuru,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay! Please accept our sincerest apologies for the issues you encountered while visiting our hotel. We strive to deliver a great experience and your feedback helps us to identify and correct any areas that need attention. We are never happy to hear that a guest was not truly satisfied with their stay. We have addressed the concerns you mentioned with our team and hope that you will visit us again in the near future. Thank you again for your post as well as choosing our property. All the best to you!

Been to Hampton Inn Pittsburgh Airport? Share your experiences!