“Nice for stay near Airport!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
New Year's Eve!
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Moon Township
allentown
“Nice for stay near Airport!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Stayed at Doubletree while in town for weekend to help my son with apartment search since he is moving to Pittsburgh after graduation from Penn State. My son recommended the hotel as he was put up there during his interview with his new employer. Everything was more than satisfactory for our purposes. Pleasant staff, clean rooms and overall very nice facility conveniently located. A surprise was the restaurant. We had dinner there Saturday night and the food was much better and more upscale than I would have expected. Will stay again when we return in May to move help move him in!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
jcarl, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Congratulations to your son for his upcoming graduation. We hope his move to Pittsburgh goes smoothly. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help! We hope to see you again when you return. Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on Wednesday March 6 and was given room 414. The free wifi was great. The hotel generally looks tired and is due a refurbishment, but nothing too bad. I ate in Jackson’s restaurant and found the food to be a good standard. My problems began when I went to bed. The pipe works in the ceiling clicked and twanged throughout the night, approximately every 10 seconds. I did get approximately two and a half hours sleep, but woke up very warm, so turned on the AC. I had my doubts about doing this as it was a large antiquated machine in the corner of the room. Once turned on the noise from the AC was incredibly loud. I never slept for the rest of the night, even after turning off the AC. I would not stay at this hotel again. I spoke to my colleague in the morning, who had another room on the same floor, who informed me that he had slept but used his ear plugs and agreed with me that we would not stay at this hotel next time we visit Pittsburgh on business.

I was going to mention these problems on check out. The lady on reception was very nice but never asked if we enjoyed our stay and on that basis we simply checked out never to return.

Room Tip: Take ear plugs for the fourth floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
jcarl, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
We’re very sorry for the noise issues you encountered during your stay at our hotel. Your comfort and safety is our number one concern, and we appreciate that you brought this to our attention. Your review will help us correct similar issues in the future and we hope that the next time you’re in the area, you’ll consider staying with us again.
Columbus, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Our family of three stayed here for a long weekend to visit family in Pittsburgh, and overall we were very pleased with the hotel. The staff was extremely friendly (especially to our 9 yr old), and the room was immaculate and very spacious. The cookies at check in were a nice touch. We were also pleased that the hotel had an indoor pool, since our visit was in February, and although it wasn't large, it was big enough for us to relax in, especially the spa/hot tub, which was right next to the pool. Our only complaints were that on our last day (checkout day), the spa/hot tub wasn't working any longer, and although it was reported, there was no sense of urgency to get it fixed anytime soon. That was disappointing (especially to our daughter). Also, our first night, a Friday night, was very pleasant, very quiet, no issues at all (and by the way, the beds are amazingly comfortable!), but on our second night, Saturday, around 2am, we were woken up by loud banging in the hallways, and the sounds of slamming doors. I thought this would subside right away, but it did not. It woke both adults up in the room (luckily our daughter slept right through it), and lasted for 45 minutes to an hour. This was somewhat surprising considering the cost of the hotel. I was ready to call the front desk when things finally quieted down. Hopefully that was a one time event, and would not stop us from staying here again, and hopefully the spa issue was not normal as well (I suspect the group making all the noise might have had something to do with the hot tub breaking, but I don't know for sure). Also, our room was on the airport side, but we didn't notice any excessive noise from it (just some low rumblings). Overall this was a lovely hotel, with clean, spacious rooms, and friendly staff, and we'd stay here again on our next visit to Pittsburgh.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are thrilled that you found our staff friendly and accomodating. And of course, we are glad you enjoyed the cookies! We apologize for the unexpected maintenance issues with the hot tub, we know how important that is for families. The issues have been resolved by our maintenance staff. We hope you will enjoy our facilities next time you are in Pittsburgh! Thank you again.
Pittsburgh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Disappointing. Booked a King room. Not available when I arrived. Shuttle not very timely. Room was too hot. Could not get below 73 degrees. Shuttle was 30 minutes late so we missed the cocktail reception at the event we were attending.

Room Tip: Be sure you are not next to a janitors closet. The banging at 8 am is anoying.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
jcarl, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for your review of your stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests, especially about areas where we can do better. We are sorry that we couldn't supply your reserved room type. Our front desk department goes through a detailed process every day to make sure that our guests receive exactly the room they expect. There are times when we won’t be able to have the same room available to guests extending their stays with us. However, I would also like to apologize for the other issues as well. We've worked with our team to ensure that we correct all issues mentioned. Once again, we’re sorry for the inconveniences and hope that the next time you travel to the area you’ll stay with us again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

I think this is the best restaurant I've ever experienced at an airport hotel! And the rooms are great too. VERY well run establishment.

I ordered a dish on the menu that won the "savory" award for Pittsburgh. When do you get that at a moderately priced hotel near the airport. If you like good food, reasonable prices and a good nights sleep, this is the place to stay.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
jcarl, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you so much for the nice review on our Jacksons Restaurant. We know that sometimes it is hard to find great food at a resonable price during your travels. We have a great chef who has won local awards. Keep in mind also that some of our menu changes seasonally, so there is always something new and exciting. We hope you return soon! Thanks again.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Enjoyable hotel with great looking rooms. The price is on the high side for the location @ $200us/night. It is a 40 minute drive to Pittsburgh however if you trek through the countryside it is a sight to see.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
jcarl, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay with us. We agree that Pittsburgh is a great city as are the surrounding areas. Our staff can assist with recommendations of sights to see. We hope to see you again!
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I was travelling on business and needed to make a reservation as I was driving from Columbus, OH to Pittsburgh to catch a very early morning flight. The front desk staff (Amy) were very friendly and accomodating and ensured a shuttle was available to pick me up at the airport after I returned my rental car. The shuttle drivers were very friendly and helpful and I received a wake up call and a call to confirm I was taking the 5 am shuttle (when I was a few minutes late). The room was clean and comfortable, though it did show some wear and tear (marks on the wallpaper). Overall it was a great experience for a weary traveller!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
jcarl, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you so much for writing a review! We are happy that you had such a great stay. We will pass on your compliments to Amy and the shuttle drivers. It is great to hear that our staff was so welcoming. We hope you will join us again when you come through this area.
Thank you again!

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh Airport? Share your experiences!