“for a short stay it's ok..” 3 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn Pittsburgh Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8507 University Blvd, Moon Township, PA 15108-2509   |
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Moon Township
Kissimmee, Florida
“for a short stay it's ok..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

we where in pittsburgh for the Robert Morris University sports card show the weekend of May 18th
so i booked the La Quinta Inn Pittsburgh Airport as it was just down the street from the University.

we had two rooms one king room and one with 2 dubble beds.
we checked in at around 3pm on friday the 18th no real issues.we went to our room #241 my brother in law and son's room was 235.

the room was clean it had a king bed a recliner chair a desk and chair a flat pannel tv on the dresser.

the bathroom was a open space that had no door.this space is where the sink is.
this space had a small coffee maker on the sink -counter top.
there was a wall mounted hand held hair dryer
a towel rack with 2 hand towels and 2 wash clothes there was one small square bar of soap on the sink.

the tub and toilet part of this room did have a door,but it was so tight in there the door would hit your knees if you sat before shutting the door.also if you are a large person don't even try it.you would need to get a wheelchair room with open space.

in the tub and toilet room they gave you 3 bath towels and a towel bath mat 1 small bottle of shampoo and another small square bar of soap.
now i'm sure that if you needed anymore soap or shampoo or what ever they would be happy to give it to you.i just always bring my own so no need to ask.

now on to the bedding the beds are just wounderfull not too hard and not too soft they are just right.the sheets are very soft and feel so nice next to your skin.the pillows well most where just right but two where lumpy.

the tv had a lot going on i'm just not in to all the video stuff.i just watch t.v..but they have a sight and sound thing that is on when you turn the t.v.on.it's the moon over the ocean with the sound of the ocean.this put me right to sleep.

now for the breakfast,
you can make your own waffel wich is very good.
then they have what they call hard boiled eggs, well they are not realy hard boiled the yolk is that yellow that is sticky not the light yellow that flakes.
they have rasin as well as white bread for toasting.there is juice, milk and cereal yogert and some other bits and bites.

i almost forgot they do have a computer in the lobby and a laundery room.i also must say that some of the staff are very nice.

all in all i would say if you have a flight and need a place that is clean and has a free shuttle and a bob evens that you can walk to.then this is it.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

Very Clean Close proximity to airport. The Staff was very helpful and curtious. 24 hr shuttle service was great especially since we came in 3 hrs later than expected. Would definetly choose to stay here again when needed.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Mount Pleasant, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

For our daughter's graduation at RMU, we decided to stay overnight at a hotel to get a good night's rest rather than drive the 1.5 hour at 5am, have our clothes be rumpled and already be tired of sitting before the ceremonies began. La Quinta Inn was the only hotel in the entire Pittsburgh Airport area able to accommodate our large family - there are 8 of us. Upon arrival, the staff member at check-in was efficient and friendly. The roll-away bed and extra towels that we requested at that time arrived to our rooms within minutes. As for the rooms themselves, they were bright, quiet, comfortable in space and decor, and the cleanliness could not be beat. In the morning, the hotel provided a wonderful continental breakfast with fruits, cereals, bagels, juices, coffee or tea, yogurt, and even freshly made waffles! Refreshed from a good night's sleep and a full stomach, La Quinta Inn made check-out just as efficient and friendly as check-in was so we could be on our way to graduation.

We know this sounds like an ad for their company, but everything we have written is true. We have stayed in several hotels over the years, some 5-star hotels, and NONE of them even came close to providing the comfort and amenities (except thye have no pool) as La Quinta Inn did for us this trip. And, the room rate is unbelievable - $89.95 per room per night! It's the lowest rate in the entire Pittsburgh Area.

If you're staying at a hotel in Pittsburgh, for any reason, We HIGHLY recommend La Quinta Inn & Suites as your "home away from home".

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

Stayed there to catch a flight from PIT. I showed up late, 11pm, and the room they gave me had not been cleaned from the previous guest. I got that room after the hotel staff got done with their smoke break of about 10 minutes while I stood at the front desk.

They did change my room, and after I reminded them to change my wake up call to the new room they changed that also. I have some wood working projects at home to do so I was thinking of taking a towel to do my finish sanding with but I thought they might be too rough.

They do have breakfast that starts really early but after what I had already experienced I decided I would be safer eating some road kill near the airport, just kidding I didn't go down for breakfast because I was running late. I'm sure it was fine.

I would not probably stay here again but it was cheap.

Room Tip: bring your own towels
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Muskegon, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

This was a first trip taking out 8-year-old Yorkie on a long weekend trip. We really didn't have anything but non-pet hotels to compare with. GPS got us to the hotel without difficulty. The staff were all young adults (kids). The kid at checkout was hunched over and engrossed with his smart phone when I approached. The complimentary breakfast was the cold variety and fine for cereal and toast. Room linens and carpet were clean, but the air smelled a little "doggy". This was a mid-way stay and elected to drive 2 hours further on the drive home to miss this one. I thought the price $112 w/ tax was too high. See my review on Elkton, MD.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
virgil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

We stayed here on our trip home from our vacation in The Carolina's.
This was a HUGE...happy surprise.. I was unsure when I booked this hotel as it had only a few reviews, but it stated it had new T.V.S so... I took a chance and I trusted la Quintas track record.I booked a king 2 room suite .....Upon arriving you could see it was an older hotel in an unsure neighbourood .... the lobby was immaculate and smelled clean.Check-in was painless. the room was HUGE with vaulted ceilings with fans and a table with 4 chairs and a well furnished living room with new t.v.,floor to ceiling windows. The bedroom was duplicated in size and had a recliner chair with another new t.v....best of all La Quinta bed and bedding ....so comfortable.the room was quiet too. The restaurant next door "Primanti Bros Restaurant" was a walk away and had escellent food and service.
We will definately go back.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn Pittsburgh Airport? Share your experiences!