“Great Food and Service” 4 of 5 stars

412-329-1405
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Jacksons Restaurant - Rotisserie - Bar - Doubletree Hotel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great Food and Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

the food is always great and the staff is nice. Try the crab cakes, tuna or the wonderful salads. A little pricey but very nice for the area it is in. You wouldn't know its a hotel restaurant.

Visited April 2012

Coraopolis, Pennsylvania
“One of the worst dinners”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

This was one of the worst dinners we have experienced. The portions were small and the food was bad and the price was big. I ordered Bay Scallops with Pork Belly and Fingerling Potatoes. I received 3 scallops (one tasted like ammonia), fatty pork and wedge potato french fries ($24). My spouse ordered the Sopresatta pizza which was thin and had very little Sopresatta on it. We went on a Friday night and there was no one in the restaurant...that should had been the first clue. We will never go back and will warn our friends not to go.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Boulder, Colorado
“Not Perfect, but pretty darn good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

I typically avoid hotel restaurants, as they are usually mediocre at best. I stayed at a sister hotel next door, was tired from a 3 hour drive, so I took a chance at Jackson's

It is more of a bar experience than a restaurant, though they do have tables. The menu doesn't look exciting, but when I spoke to server, Jackson's tries to do everything fresh. That got my attention.

I grilled her on this ( no pun intended), and was impressed. I ordered the calamari and it was clearly fresh. What I loved is that they included tentacles. I know this doesn't appeal to everyone, but I love them. Unfortunately they need to cook the calamari another 10 seconds. They were a bit oily.

I then got the crab cake..I was told there were no bread crumbs...but there was binder. It was a Very Good Crab cake. I would get it again.

Finally I got the New England Clam Chowder, with fresh clams. It was good, though the clams were cooked to death. Chewy Chewy, chewy...

The fact that they use fresh ingredients is great. Unfortunately they don't seem to know how to use fresh ingredients. They over cook some, under cook some.Wish they cooked them properly.

I would try Jacksons again. The use of fresh ingredients is great.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Nice Restaurant - Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

We stopped in here while staying at the Doubletree last weekend. Dinner was good, the restaurant had a nice atmosphere and you certainly couldn't beat the location. The only downside is that parking can be a bit tough since the restaurant shares the lot with the hotel but there are additional spots around the side.

Visited March 2012
Southaven, MS
“Great Hotel Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

This place has really great food. I eat here often when staying in the area to catch an early morning flight. Fresh ingredients and reasonable prices

Visited August 2011

Travelers who viewed Jacksons Restaurant - Rotisserie - Bar - Doubletree Hotel also viewed

Been to Jacksons Restaurant - Rotisserie - Bar - Doubletree Hotel? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Jacksons Restaurant - Rotisserie - Bar - Doubletree Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.