“Decent hotel on business, minor issues” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Parking Package
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Moon Township
Dallas
“Decent hotel on business, minor issues”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2009

Stayed here for a couple of nights on business.

Rooms -- overall, these are standard RI rooms. Redone relatively recently. Kitchens appear a little dated. Internet access worked great and room was clean.

Breakfast -- Good options, food restocked regularly. Gets a little crowded in peak times, so it helps to leave a little extra time.

Service -- Front desk very efficient and cordial, as were the staff at breakfast.

2 things I'll point out --- the pantry where you can buy items was out of diet sodas the entire time I was there.

Counters in the kitchenette were not completely clean when I checked in, nor had they been wiped down 3 days later when I checked out. Didn't really matter as I wasn't using the kitchen, but attention to detail is a big deal for me.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2009

This is a typical Residence Inn, very spacious but bland. The property is very nice though. Rooms come with a fully stocked kitchen with dishwasher, oven, full sized refrigerator and silverware. Rooms have been updated, but still feel a little old. Most rooms only have a queen-sized bed, with a pull out sofa bed. Amenities were nice, and the bathroom was clean, but again, nothing special. Free wired internet was also a plus. There is a pool, but it is outdoor and closed during the winter. Location of the hotel was a little confusing. It is a little bit away from the main Robinson area in somewhat of an industrial park near Best Buy (if you are familiar with the area). It was only about a 3-minute drive off of the 376 exit sort of near the main Airport Marriott.
The breakfast was great though. Waffles, Eggs, bacon, sausage, fresh fruit, bagels, and lots of other options. They also serve a complimentary dinner in the main gatehouse during the week, which is a nice feature. However, there is no real restaurant on site, which is disappointing for a 3* hotel.
They have a free shuttle to and from the airport, which will also take you around to anywhere you need to go in Robinson. The staff was friendly, but nothing special. I had an issue where I needed a corkscrew, and when I called the front desk the agent told me “Well there should be one in the room.” When I informed him there was no corkscrew, his reply was “Well there should be one, check around.” Not exactly great service.
Overall, I was pleased. The extra room is certainly nice but the rooms certainly could be newer. I would recommend this hotel to anyone as it is clean and acceptable, but I will most likely try somewhere else next time, just because I was not overly impressed.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2009

My two teen daughters and I traveled to see family over the New Year holiday. We often book a hotel to give us a little bit of quiet time. This time we selected Marriott's Residence Place in Coraopolis, a quick drive from the airport. We were very pleased.

We typically stay in suite-style hotels to give us a little room...a family traveling together can strain relationships. Although not overly spacious, we found the layout of these rooms to be ideal. The bedroom was equipped with two beds, and one daughter slept on the pull out sofa in the main room. The suite was arranged with a sitting area, cooking area, sleeping areas and closets in both the main room and the bedroom, so we did not bump into one another. The room had a kitchen with a microwave, full size refrigerator, burners, and utensils. There was enough equipment to cook a simple meal, which kept us from eating too many meals out. It also gave a safe place to put left-overs.

The bathroom was spacious, the entire apartment quite clean. When we needed extra blanket, it arrived within 10 minutes. The staff at the front desk were very helpful, and the breakfasts were good. I found the food fresher than one normally does at these breakfast buffets. Guests must be careful to bring the room key because access to the buildings is restricted.

The building is on the edge of the Robinson Towne Center shopping complex. Although it can be a bit difficult to figure out the layout of the complex, it offers great opportunities for food, shopping and movies. Our favorite is Half Price Books located near Starbucks at the Pointe - a ten minute walk up the hill from the hotel or a short drive. We also like to exercise when we travel. The Inn has a small, but adequate workout room. Better yet is the Montour trail - a rails-to-trails site, just below the hotel, which can easily be accessed. It makes for a great morning run...lots of use. You can see it from the hotel lot.

All in all, this is a good place if you like your own space and ideal if you have an extended stay.

• Liked — The kitchen area and appliances.
  • Disliked — The rooms were a bit warm.
  • Stayed January 2009
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Petersburg PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2009

We drove about 3 hours from Central PA for an early flight out of the Pit airport. Booked this 3 star hotel on Priceline for a great price and were not disappointed. Close to the airport and great place to spend the evening before rather than driving out very early in the morning.

• Liked — Large clean room and quiet
  • Disliked — we ordered pizza and had to go to the lobby to get it. Had to go outside in freezing rain.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with friends
Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2008

The kids, my husband and I wanted to get away from a stressful situation at home for Christmas, so we decided to head to Pittsburgh. Staying at the Residence Inn was a good choice for us because restaurants are typically closed on Christmas Day. So we planned to bring food along and use the stove, refrigerator and microwave that are typically at Residence Inns.
We were really impressed by the staff at this hotel. When we arrived at the hotel, we were given a Christmas card, as were other guests staying the night of Christmas. When we alerted the staff that we were having our 10th and 11th nights at the hotel this week as Marriott members, they gave us chocolates and champagne for having achieved the "Silver Elite" member level. We also received very quick service to resolve a thermostat problem in the room that caused the room to be too warm for sleeping.
This hotel is really tricky to find, as are most things for visitors to Pittsburgh. Make sure you have a good set of directions with you if you are driving yourself. Also, be forewarned that there are no restaurants in the immediate vicinity of the hotel; you will have to drive to find food if you don't bring it along. The hotel does have some frozen food dinners in their lobby store, but carb-watchers beware! There's mostly macaroni and cheese and other pasta dinners.

• Liked — Having kitchen available and having a separate bedroom from living area
  • Disliked — Hard to find.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2007

Because of the circumstances under which I came to stay in the Residence Inn PIT it could be considered ingracious of me to post the following review. But, that's just the kinda gal I am....

Last fall I won the Residence Inn on a $45 bid on Priceline, but due to flight delays I arrived well after midnight and there were no more rooms left at the Inn. I was sent down the road to the Mainstay Suites, a rather gruesome place, but for $45 a night I certainly could have done worse. Amazingly enough, the next morning the manager called me and said if I dropped back by the hotel he'd give me a gift certificate for a free night's stay at any Residence Inn, a fantastic gift considering I had booked on Priceline!!!! WOW!

I never got around to using the certificate until I was back in the PIT area in August, and was quite pleased to get a free night at the Residence Inn, as the properties are usually wonderful, and the lowest online rate for this one started at $179 a night.

Once I checked in, however, I quickly became less pleased. Maybe I was given the "Free Night" room as it was smaller than most Residence Inn rooms I've stayed in, not really cleaned well, and bearing a number of gouges in the walls and counters. Some of these airport guests must be pretty darn rowdy to lay in some damage like this! Or perhaps getting their revenge for having paid $179 for such a small and undistinguished room.

The shuttle service to the airport was prompt and courteous, and the breakfast buffet was well stocked with tasty food (at least it was at 6:30 AM) And for free I shouldn't be complaining. But, if I'd paid rack rates, I would have been tempted to slap the room around a bit myself!

• Liked — it was FREE!!!!
  • Disliked — my room was not up to usual Residence Inn standards
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2007

We had just a one-night stay at the Residence Inn prior to a morning flight. It was booked at the last minute with no research, but I trusted the property because it's in the Marriott family.

Check-in was a little confusing as the clerk took four calls while trying to get us into a room. She was pleasant, friendly and capably handling all of the multi-tasking. When we finally reached our room, we were dismayed at the smell of stale cigarette smoke. We called the front desk as the property is supposed to be smoke-free (as are all Marriotts). The front desk agent offered us an ionizer, but warned that it would be loud. We opted to open all four windows.

We went down to the pool, but the water was freezing (this is July in PA, but we are Floridians). Returning to the room, we were annoyed that the fresh air had not eliminated the smoke odor. Then we proceeded to fix diet coke, but the unit had only one tumbler in the kitchen and one in the bathroom. I called this poor overworked front desk clerk...again...and requested a couple more tumblers. (But they never came. ) I asked the location of the ice machines, but they don't have any. She explained that each unit has an ice maker, but they are emptied and cleaned between guests. She did offer a bag of ice and my husband retrieved one.

Other than the smoke, the unit was nice and clean. It was well decorated with functional furniture. The bed was extremely comfortable, but the luggage protector covered a stain on the duvet cover.

Breakfast in the morning was very nice (and included in the room rate). They offered a good variety with sausage and eggs, breads / muffins, juices, fruit, yogurt and terrific coffee. The breakfast attendant did a great job.

Despite the smoke smell, cold pool, lack of tumblers and ice challenge, we did have a pleasant stay. It is a nice arrangement with room to spread out in each unit. I would recommend the Residence Inn.

• Liked — Bed was very comfortable; breakfast was great.
  • Disliked — Smoke odor from prior guest; parking / access and confusing layout.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Residence Inn Pittsburgh Airport Coraopolis? Share your experiences!